It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I see your point, industry has probably wiped out many species and we are adept at destroying eco-systems. I just feel that we should know better than to put an individual animal through a life of torture. I use the term 'we' very loosely here.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I have a feeling a big technological setback is in our near future to fix this dichotomy. Either we are about to evolve significantly on a spiritual level, or we are about to get slapped back into the stone age where our egos and emotions belong.

edit on 11-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

As much as I wish the former is true, I feel the latter is far more likely. Let's keep our fingers crossed man.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Who are the real animals?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
this is the saddest story ive heard in a long long time. People have just become heartless and mean and without a soul. For whatever reason when I first read this I cried like a baby for 10 minutes. I cried for the desperation and pain and the sadness of mothers but most of all I cried for the unbearable beauty of such a pure and real love still able and existing in this sorry ass world. Love somehow finds a way to survive even in a grotesque heartless idiodic place like a Chinese Bile Farm. The contrast is simply unbearable.

And now they have an aircraft carrier.

America will look like Mayberry compared to a lone superpower China.
God help us all. And I really mean "God, Help us all"

People, I read everything here and rarely speak up but time is almost run out for us. This is the end game, the undergroiund cities are built, the robocopters loaded with ebola and ready to go, the coffins have been spread out everywhere and the fema camps are finished. Martial law can be declared at a whim, riots are spreading and here we sit like zombies.
one day youll turn on the tv and there will just be static. they will have gone below the ground and we wont know whats going on until you hear the faint sound of the robo choppers in the distance.
Then like with the bear it will be too late for us.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Oh Man...

When I read a story like this I actually feel ashamed to be Human. We really are self obsessed creatures that are in fact little more than bacteria when you do think about it (well done Matrix movies).

These poor creatures...

If you feel ashamed after your reading this story - your a better human than you give yourself credit for.

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This just show how smart "lower species" are smarter then what we give them credit for. We (Humans) believe that we are smarter then other animals, just because we can build and talk. But Its because we have lost our touch with nature.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
bloody chinese.
atleast there running out of water.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
These's act of animal showing compassion to one another, even if horribly disturbing choices made, is exactly why I cannot imagine eating meat...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FifiLamoreaux

I feel great love for what you wrote.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately we are talking about changing a culture, a way of life. It's been going on basically for many centuries. Kinda like expecting Afghanistan to become a democracy and doing without warlords and the drug corruption and tribal rivalries. Maybe as the economy there enters more modern times the Chinese will do away with these habits as we (mostly) have done away with our past superstitions and unscientific behaviors.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
again, throughout this thread (a few) people have shown this story to be a hoax, most likely made up by a crazy vegetarian.
yes theres obvious animal cruelty, but before you call chinese people names remember animal cruelty happens in all countrys.
this thread is just highlighting the less intelligent members of ats.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If the OP article was true or not, what is the difference between what is happening there and how we just gracefully go to the market and blindly support inhumane animal practices by purchasing chickens that are raised in battery cages, cows and pigs violently slaughtered without any care whatsoever?

Yea it is sooooo easy to point the finger all the way across the pacific to a nation that we perceive as lesser human beings than we are.

Take some damn responsibility for yourselves, the amount of people bitching in here is insane.

Such typical American self-righteous mentality without ever taking initiative because we're simply better than that.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Oh, were you there? Please, baffle us all with your intelligence! I'm dying to know what really happened!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Have not posted here in a long time, but i never knew these bile farms even existed..

I saw a video on youtube that was popular on the first page of a squid being chopped in half and it suffering in pain, chinese stuff again. I know this goes on everywhere but it is too much, i am glad i am a vegetarian because i hate to see an animal suffer like that when there is no need for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Welsh Jester

Unfortunately that also is true. I watched a Documentary a few years ago on tv and i was

in complete disbelief at what i was watching, it was horrifying. It was a high classed \

restaurant in China and an extended family of about 12 people at this table eating live

baby Octopus'. This father was sitting next to his 2 yr old showing them how to eat it,

which involved plunging a fork into its head then wrapping the legs around the fork so

that this child could just, eat it, live. It was sickening. They love bugs too particularily

live Tarantulas. And yes, i watched a woman in her 60's as she at this thing LIVE yes,

live in front of the guys taking the documentary, westerners they were. And they looked

much like they could have vomited right there on camera. You never believe this stuff

until you actually see it close up like that. It's like some of these people have no sense

of respect for anything, they dont seem to have souls.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shtf2012
reply to post by felonius

You make very good points.
But i would like to add that yes many life forms are part of the food chain.
But we must do our very best when we take then we should renew the resource.
So many times we just take, and that is wrong on so many levels.

My wife and I were discussing this on the back porch tonight.
While I do believe there is only so far one should eat on the food chain, animals like cows are food. they are just too damn stupid for anything else.
I also do believe that we shouldnt " eat something to extinction" either. We are stewards of the planet and should take care of our charge....as long as we dont go nuts about it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Beef, venison, pork, fish...most of that is used for something else.

I do understand your point. Respect the animal your eating and be thankful.

Un necessary animal testing? Not kosher. How many times should we test the same chemical to get the same result? Some is required at times but the animal should be under anesthesia prior to ANY procedure. Its just like when I hunt. The animal must die quickly and painlessly.
edit on 11/8/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Joaquin Phoenix narrated a doc called Earthlings. Give it a watch and put all your hate and disgust into ALL humans, not just one culture.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
reply to post by felonius

Yes, I guess I would present the suggestion that if any alternatives to that 1000 year old diet of whale were available, perhaps they might be considered. I grew up eating meat. My ancestral diet includes lots of brats and mets and goetta, steak and hamburgers, chicken and turkey and fish, lamb, etc.

I became very uncomfortable with that practice and discontinued it. I hope it makes some little difference in our world, but I doubt it will. Still, I feel it is not wasted, and I don't desire meat in my diet at all these days.

And that is your choice and view. If you go against your beliefs, your failing yourself. Never had goetta. Sounds awesome though! Metwurst? simply wow. Luckily we have a german butcher in town.

Its soo good to be a germanic! Our wurst is the best

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
again, throughout this thread (a few) people have shown this story to be a hoax, most likely made up by a crazy vegetarian.
yes theres obvious animal cruelty, but before you call chinese people names remember animal cruelty happens in all countrys.
this thread is just highlighting the less intelligent members of ats.

YES it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khurzon
We are omnivores...made that way...by our creator...
But, were are also self-aware...sentient...responsible for our higher "choices"...
(some barely sentient, but still...)

We should feel compassion for our brothers and sisters who are incarnate in other forms...yes even the plants; and if it is necessary to kill for survival, do it swiftly.. with respect, compassion and in the name of a greater humanity...

But, to not practice compassion for those who blindly transgress against life, (and their higher self), is also wrong.
Feel compassion for all your brothers and sisters in their ignorance...
We can hide from the truth in corporeal life, but we cannot hide from it in the hereafter...therein lies the "hell" that we build for our "self(s)"...

Humanity on Earth is not perfect...it is an intense study of duality that we must learn...
Respect for "other" is the hardest lesson, for we are barely out of our infancy of animal ego, and it is easy for us to deny the existance of our self-centeredness... especially cloistered from nature as most of us are in urbanality...

Take time to thank the life that sustains yours...
Have respect enough to avoid its destruction if you can...
When you cannot, be moved to humble by their sacrifice...and give thanks and praise to their spirit...

I think a good example of this, (a prominent memory in my mind), is a scene from the opening of a movie called, "The Last of the Mohicans".
I think just about all wrong in the world can be boiled down to a lack or blindness to r-e-s-p-e-c-t...

edit on 11-8-2011 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by Khurzon because: clarification...

Roger that.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join