It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I tend not to read these sorts of threads or click on the links. I have no idea why I felt the need to do so this time but I wish I hadn't.

I simply don't think people deserve to live when I read this sort of thing. Then I remember there are so many of us that find this abhorrent.

I can only hope that there will come a time when man's attitude to the world changes..... When I look back to past civilisations I am sure that things are better now and that those with empathy and understanding DO have more of a voice now... I can only instil in my own child better values and hope that she passes them on.
edit on 11/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
And to think people actually believe the human is the superior of the food chain..
sad story,..just another reason to dislike china

You mean, just another reason to dislike humans, right?

Humans are only "superior" in one thing known in this Universe: Stupidity.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

And I agree with him on that, for sure!
I know why you said "china" in your last sentence, but I do not agree with the affirmative.
I'm about to go into "Rant mode", so before I digress, back to topic:

I think it is time enough for us (real truth seeker) to find more about suicides in Nature.
Hopefully this will catalyze some serious studies or lay light upon one that already exists. We *pretend* to know that we understand the level of consciousness or awareness of the 'animals': we are wrong.

Peace
...and understanding.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

don't worry. all these people will be wiped out just in time for the age of aquarius.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Anyone here actually think a cattle feedlot, or hog or chicken farm is really much different? ...Do you all honestly think the animals we raise for slaughter don't know what's coming when they line up?

It's ALL horrible.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I had never heard of "bile farming" before reading this thread.

I felt sad to read this. I also read a link on page two of this thread that linked to a site about a bear called Crystal. That really bought tears to my eye's to read about how she was treated and what was done to her.

I am happy to know that there are animal Charity's out there that get some of these bears away from these wicked nasty people.

So so sad, what an evil and twisted world we live in!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I believe the Chinese, and again this is just my own personal opinion, but I believe the Chinese are the cruelest, most brutal culture of people that can be found on this planet.

Their human atrocities are bad, but what they do to animals is border line psychotic and sick.

Anybody remember that Chinese puppy video that circulated the net a while back? They have no regard for life or suffering.

Pure evil.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
thought i would chime in, i recently read a story about the chinese harvesting dead babys for stamina also..
-->
www.ibtimes.com... annibal-placenta.htm

Where do they back up these claims where is the science behind any of this.. it all seems so mad to me!?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SophyC76

Can you not "USE" Google. Here's a link.

www.greenmuze.com...

I will not put any pics up of this extreme cruelty. I hope they are all "DAMNED"
edit on 11-8-2011 by witchof43 because: did not use appropriate punctiuation

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SophyC76
this story has no credibility at all. sounds like pure propaganda created by some activist group.
i am not condoning what they do but they old saying goes

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

Yeah, I am sure that The Chinese would release pitcures of the incident, Because it's such a positive story and all.
~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If ever someone attempts to tell you that animals are not self aware, make them painfully aware of this story and all the others like it. I am so ashamed of my idiot species, I can barely handle reading this sort of thing anymore. I fully understand that the natural world is not always a nice place, that suffering and pain occur on a daily basis in the wild, but this goes far far beyond that. I usually have much more to say, but I really am at a loss for words right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am just now climbing out of a 24 hour non-functioning hole of depression this thread knocked me down in to. I am not a child. I have seen a lot and I thought nothing could surprise me, but this thread caught me up and threw me down like a rag doll. I spent 4 hours digging through The Big Box of Family Photographs looking at pictures of our dogs and cats and all the other pets we have loved (and been loved by, thank God) over several decades.
17 years ago one of the family brought an enormous English Mastiff 6-month-old puppy home from the animal shelter. I was not amused by this; I was peeved. We already a perfectly wonderful Australian Shepherd and several cats, and barely the money to feed them. That giant puppy bounded happily over furniture, other pets, and people leaving chaos, ruin, terror, and destruction in its wake. I was frightened when it charged affectionately for me as I sat on the sofa, and blocked it with my outstretched foot. I did not love that puppy, not ever.
A month later as I was working in the garden one fine summer day and the puppy was tagging happily along by my side as usual. Oh, you again, I thought. I looked at it. Do you know, the head of an English Mastiff is as large as a human's? I looked into those amber eyes. Those clear, translucent amber eyes had the depth of a mountain lake; the intelligence was undeniable. The puppy looked adoringly at me with his big perma-smile and I realized immediately he felt love for me. I was surprised, because I had never once loved this animal, yet it loved me whole-heartedly. My heart melted and from that moment on I began to love this new member of our family as unconditionally as he loved all of us.
I have a book called What To Do When You Are Dead (Craig Hamilton-Parker) which has this to say about animals: Before the Chinese occupation of Tibet, the people there used to sieve the soil when building temples so that not a single worm would be harmed. The Tibetans believe that souls can reincarnate in any living form ... one of the worms may have been your mother in a past life. A modern Tibetan Buddhist will tell you we should have compassion for all sentient beings - they are our beloved kin. Some of the ancient Greek philosophers believed in metempsychosis: the slow evolution of the soul from animal to human form. Animals do not all survive as individual identities after death but merge into a group consciousness or collective awareness for that particular species. It is only when an animal becomes self-aware that its soul begins the long process of climbing the evolutionary ladder. For many, this journey begins if it receives love from a human. Pets are children in a real sense, for their souls are brand new.
Our beloved English Mastiff died at the age of only 8 years old due to a Twisted Stomach, which is a problem common to many of the large breeds. He lies buried by a deep mountain lake. Sometimes we dream of him, as happy and loving as ever.
About 10 years ago I went to a Native American religions seminar and as part of that we all did something called shamanic journeying. The teacher as well as several of the participants separately told me they saw a big golden dog next to me, with beautiful deep amber eyes.
You might be as good as your dog IF ...
you can start the day without caffeine;
you can get along without pep pills;
you can eat the same food daily and be grateful;
you can understand when there is no time for you;
you can overlook when things are taken out on you;
you can take criticism and blame without resentment;
you can face the world without lies and deceit;
you can conquer tension without medical help;
you can relax without liquor;
you can sleep without drugs;
deep in your heart there is no prejudice against creed, color, religion, politics, educations, disability, or financial status.
Then, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

What a terrible story...

The fact that these animals are committing suicide should be telling enough. The minute a wild animal can think to create suicide there is something wrong.

We focus on the whales when this is a huge issue as well.

This is just plain disgusting...

Pred...

ETA: Actual news source.
news.asiaone.com...
edit on 10-8-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

Disgusting is an understatement but we are dealing with the species that thought it a wonderful idea to transplant the head of a monkey onto another monkey's body. Which, I might add, is by and far the most disturbing video I have ever in my life seen.

Human depravity knows no bounds.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

You just related honey and bee stings to extracting bile from a open wounded animal; What's wrong with you?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Sounds like the perfect reason to wipe china off the map. These people have no respect for anything. Should`ve let Gen. Macauthar keep going north during the korean war. Now we are paying for that mistake.

link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Would you take a cow and slice off a steak year after year while it is alive and in pain until it finally died?
This is what they are doing, they are not killing and eating this animal they are torturing it for a whole life of pain, they get infected where the bile is tubed off, check out the facts from good sources.

Personally I wouldn't do that, but it happens even in the animal kingdom. Lots of things live parasitically off of other things until the host dies. Perhaps we are supposed to be more civilized than that, but sadly, we are all animals from a biological aspect. We work diligently at denying our instincts day in and day out, but it is mostly a fruitless task.

I'm not denying it is painful, and horrible and heart-wrenching. I am just saying it is not unique to human beings. It is just part of nature.

link   
China needs to get into the twenty-first century. These so called remedies are as ineffective as they are archaic.
Farming animals for anything but to feed hungry people is wrong in my book, and is a colassal watse of life.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Humans are not animals! just because many are reverting back to their animalistic instincts gives them no right to do this. We are better than that. How dare they do this, and how dare we to stand back and let this happen?

NO MORE I SAY! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

read my signature and understand you guys will probably see me in the news very soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
How come people are ignoring my news media story rather than just using the blog for reference?

news.asiaone.com...

Media outlet reporting the story...

Pred...

Because, then they can't sit in their tiny little box thinking they are better than everyone else. If they actually realized this stuff is true, they may have to actually FEEL some empathy and compassion, and I suspect many just don't have that ability.

Sad story OP, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I knew China had some horrendous ways they treat animals, but I had never heard of bile farms.

Harm NONE
Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Char-Lee

Would you take a cow and slice off a steak year after year while it is alive and in pain until it finally died?
This is what they are doing, they are not killing and eating this animal they are torturing it for a whole life of pain, they get infected where the bile is tubed off, check out the facts from good sources.

Personally I wouldn't do that, but it happens even in the animal kingdom. Lots of things live parasitically off of other things until the host dies. Perhaps we are supposed to be more civilized than that, but sadly, we are all animals from a biological aspect. We work diligently at denying our instincts day in and day out, but it is mostly a fruitless task.

I'm not denying it is painful, and horrible and heart-wrenching. I am just saying it is not unique to human beings. It is just part of nature.

The difference is, we should know better.

Do you know what I mean?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I suppose, but all of our efforts to demoralize or legislate ourselves into some kind of civility have failed miserably and only exasperated every situation we fiddle with.

You're right, we should know better, but our technology and industry has far outpaced our understanding of nature. We still want and want and crave and crave like immature animals, but we have the technology to ravage the landscape and animal kingdom with extreme industrial efficiency!

We are a mixmatched mess. We are still animals. We haven't learn to control our "id."

I have a feeling a big technological setback is in our near future to fix this dichotomy. Either we are about to evolve significantly on a spiritual level, or we are about to get slapped back into the stone age where our egos and emotions belong.

edit on 11-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join