It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Um...Bears don't have opposable thumbs

Sad yes but to strangle something or someone you need thumbs

I have no doubt that there are crimes against nature but this is not believable and shows the lack of bear anatomy. A bear could crush, slash, beat, crunch, eat, gash but never strangle its own young... just saying.

edit on 11-8-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

The mother could have leaned on the cub with its paws, useing its weight to struggle it. Just an idea

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Jesus.

Animals are more human than humans.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is one of the saddest things Ive ever read. I'm sick to my stomach after reading that.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Excuse me, but not all us Brits are like that! I am not a beer swilling, MSG consuming, KFC pie eater
reply to post by CherryV

Sorry for stereotyping, I never mentioned pie lol was that a fraudian slip ?

Britain is getting scary best to leave no ? Check out this vid, I won't embed as I might get a mod slap for going off topic.www.youtube.com...

Britain has become so dumb it's overtaking the US I remember during the BSE scare people were stopping buying the sunday joint of beef and replacing it with mince , dear god I thought then there was not much hope these clowns will listen to anything their told and eat anything they are told

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Yes, insects do sacrifice themselves for the benefit of the colony as a whole (ants will drown themselves to build a bridge for the rest of the colony) but these are insects were the group act as one organism, animals such as a bear are driven by the need to survive as an individual.

Anyway, as long as there is a market for this bile these places will stay open and the sad truth is that if the bile were used for something like cosmetics or legitamant medice then most people probably wouldnt care were it came from.

Changing the subject, I noticed a lot of vegitarians poppin up on this thread...... Dont even get me started lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I did not say I was angry at anyone aside from those who torture animals.

As for the petition I would say it was likely closed due to the political call for punishment is the reason. I have been on ATS for awhile now and never seen a thread shut down over a petition that was within reason. The one you mention sounds a bit like the call to arms in a way.

Regardless you can be snide all you wish I was simply pointing out I did not bring the petition to fruit nor did I really post anything that was not alreaddy posted. If a mod wants to edit my post they can. Seeing you are not a mod I will keep the post as it is.

Go about and stamp your feet to another poster, be snide and toss about fake anger all you wish on a certain group. I only have issues with those who torture living creatures.

Raist
edit on 8/11/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

What a terrible story...

The fact that these animals are committing suicide should be telling enough. The minute a wild animal can think to create suicide there is something wrong.

Ok, let's get this straight.

I think, in my humble opinion, you can safely read between the lines of this story and get to the following conclusion ...

At the zoo, several men took a cup to harvest flood from it's stomache that according to folklore had healing properties. They didn't know how much they could take, so they took to much of the flood, killing the cup. The mother, hearing her cup deathcry came belching in a mothers rage, and had to be put down.

Of course, the poor fellows that believed in stupid folklore couldn't be blamed for the incident. As they were only trying to be helpful, so this was all the mother bears fault.

That is pretty much what you can read between the lines.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I’m sorry Jay. I shouldn’t have worded it the way I did. My wording was very poor and I apologize. I guess more of my frustration is with the Chinese government that with the people. The people are one of the hardest working groups in the world. I also have extreme admiration and respect for the new rise in Christianity in China, and the people who continue to worship and follow what God they believe in despite what the government tells them. This is courageous. Government is the evil party here. And when I’m saying that, I’m resorting to the lack of freedoms, restrictions, and human rights that China is so poor in conducting. The people, courageous.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This practice has completely enraged me ever since I heard about it a few years ago. I have never wanted to kill people but the people who do this crap would definitely be top of my list. I wish there was something we could do to stop it but this is China we are talking about... they are untouchable.

I am glad the mother bear chose to do this, two less bears will have an unbearable life of agony and hopelessness. Dammit, give me an AK-47 and a plane ticket, I wanna go and sort the fu**ers out.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

this makes me so mad I cannot believe this. I wish the bear would have killed the workers . This is horrible and has now ruined my day

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Bear murders cub and then commits suicide...

What does this say, if that is exactly what the bear intended to do.

The bear contemplated the future, understood the improbable nature of ending the pain, knew of death, knew of consequences...

This is actions of self awareness, no? It hints of creative solutions, intelligence, and deep feelings...wow, thats pretty profound actually.
Many people see animals in general as little more than meat machines..and I do believe some are just that, but this is showing at least bears have enough in common with us as a sentient species to be protected worldwide in order to develop

-ponders-

oh, yes, and sad story, but if it serves to further a discussion about what sentient beings are, then perhaps it may serve a greater good in the long run.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The story is very real guys, at least in China this thing can happen almost guarantee. They have saying in China that "anything that are four legged can be eaten" although a lot of animals are two legged. They just eat everything and do everything they think it is beneficial for them without morals to the creatures. Heard of eating monkey brain while the monkey's skull is cut open while it is still alive and fully conscious ? How about live ducks put on hot steel plates and cook them on their feet first, they say the meat tastes a lot better while it is cooked alive and the suffering of the ducks create more tasting meat.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wished the Chinese of those who believe in such inhumanity and absolutely disgusting animal cruelty ate each other.

I have never ever heard or even could imagine that animals would commit suicide

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Sure the Chinese people are hardworking, but look at the crap they put up with or I should say submit to.

Submission to tyranny is terrible. Sure some of them try to resist, but the vast majority comply and conform.

There are far more than enough people there to get rid of the government if they chose to, but they don't. Instead most of the people live like peasants, while an elite bureaucratic collective lives like emperors.

Even worse, we fund the lives of the elite bureaucratic collective through the purchase of products while the workers who make the products are treated like livestock.

Some people will complain, " oh but they purchased $1 trillion of US treasury securities. Arn't they funding us?"

It is true that China bought a combined total of around $1 trillion in US treasury securities over a number of years.

They are not funding us though, we are funding them based on import numbers:
Imports from China:
2000 Over $100 billion
2001 Over $100 billion
2002 Over $125 billion
2003 Over $150 billion
2004 Over $190 billion
2005 Over $240 billion
2006 Over $280 billion
2007 Over $320 billion
2008 Over $330 billion
2009 Over $290 billion
2010 Over $360 billion
2011 so far over $180 billion
www.census.gov...

A combined total over $2.6 trillion dollars. More than double of the debt they have purchased in the same time frame.

Like the compliant and submissive people of China, we too are reponsible for fueling tyranny and abuse in China.
edit on 11/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: o

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I went bear hunting with a buddy of mine once. I wasn't hunting...only sitting in a tree stand and observing. We sat in those tree stands all day. Finally, at nearly dusk a small black bear came through. My buddy shot the bear with a bow and arrow. The scream it let out was heart breaking. The bear managed to run off perhaps 100' away, but being dusk, we didn't know where it went.

We went back later with some others to track the bear. When we found it, it was eviscerated, its guts laying on the ground. I haven't been hunting since and I refuse to hunt. I simply don't understand how anybody can do that, year after year, and not be affected by it. After he shot the bear, he "high fived" me and I was just thinking, "how can anybody be excited about that?" I believe all of life is a miracle from God, be it an ant or a whale, the wonderment of life is just astonishing to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok, I followed all of the links, watched the videos and even read the original post that the woman put on her site describing first hand what she witnessed with the mom and kid bear.

While the original tale started out with eloquent gross exaggerations, where it really lost me was when the woman reporting on this story said that the baby bear started to speak English and said "Mom" which triggered the attack from the mom bear.

Listen animal rights people... If you want support, stop making crap up. The truth of some of the horrible things that happens to animals is bad enough and there are plenty of examples where people need to intervene and do the right thing. But you simply make yourselves look like morons when you go making these wild outlandish stories up.

Anyone who thinks I am too harsh, you are welcome to follow the links already posted in this thread and read the original reports for yourself. THEN and only THEN if you think I am being too harsh, well... you have a few screws loose.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

Thank God that I have never been given the desire to hunt and kill for the sport of it. I love to fish, either catch and release or eat. Never for trophy. I've seem some deer kills by friends of mine and I just could never get excited about seeing an animal covered in its own blood, with compund fractures from where the bullet shattered leg bones. At least they ate what they killed.

But, keeping bears like this for harvesting is cruel and should be abolished.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm a hunter. I have always made a clean kill. I eat meat, and I know where that meat comes from. Unlike a lot of people, who simply go tot he store and think the meat manifests itself out of thin air, I understand that what I consume was a life. Because of that, I don't waste anything. If that animal gives its life to me, the least I can do is show it the respect it deserves and NOT throw it in the trash. It sickens me when I see people throw away meat. Usually, these are some of the first people to criticize hunters. Yet, my food was living freely in the wild, had a good life, and got to see the world. Their food was raised in a slaughter yard, confined since birth.

When I see the barbaric things the Asian cultures do to animals, it makes me angry. I watched a show with Gordon Ramsay 2 nights ago, about shark fin soup. The sharks are caught, the fins cut off while the fish is still alive, and then tossed back into the sea to die. I'm sad this bear had to do that. I have a lot of respect for nature, and I don't consider any animal to be stupid (except my cat), and I would love to see this practice stopped immediately.

Now, that being said, it won't happen. In fact, it's going to get worse. Currently the United States is broke, and continuing to spend out of control. The "cuts" will most certainly come from the defense budget, and NOT the leaches on welfare. The U.S. can't stop China financially, and once the cuts start, you can forget about a military advantage as well. Ultimately, China and the Chinese culture will prevail, and this practice will take place right here in the good 'ole USA. Just give it time. The only solution is to cut our spending and return the U.S. to a strong economy, and a stronger military. But, just like those who toss the meat in the trash, the people who are most against this are the same people who want the US military cut to nothing, and think that "multiculturalism" is a good thing. So, I guess they get what they get. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I've seem some deer kills by friends of mine and I just could never get excited about seeing an animal covered in its own blood, with compund fractures from where the bullet shattered leg bones

Your friends must be horrible shots if they're hitting the legs. What are they using, and M-60 to hunt? Spray and pray? Geez.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer1989
Can I ask why they dont eat the bears also? I think that bile farms are bad and all that but why do they waste the bear as well?

Having eaten bear a few times (not a whole one, obviously) I can say that it's pretty good... so why discard the animal after the bile is taken? Why not kill the animal like you would a cow, process it to be eaten and then use the bile as a leftover?

The sad thing is that they do not kill the bear ...they "just milk" their bile fluid ....the bears are kept alive as long as possible.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join