It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops DO Protect Our Freedom and We Should Thank Them for Doing So

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrOysterhead
Like I said before, criticize the government all you want...they are making the decisions. The troops aren't.

So the U.S. government steals these men from their beds, implants a control chip in their heads, slaps a "Troop" label on them and ships them off to the Middle East - all without the consent or willful participation of the men themselves?

My, my, that really is something isn't it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by MrOysterhead

Hate to break it to you mate but when America sneezes the rest of the world feels it. You put yourselves in the position of superpower, interfering in everyone else's affairs, then get surprised when they want to have a say on it?

I'm Aussie, and under your governments direction my government sent troops in too. I speak about those troops as well as your troops.

Thanks for pointing out that WE are a world superpower. And no I am not suprised. If I live in one of the "lesser" countries like say a...country colonized by a bunch of criminals and degenerates then I would be pretty critical of other countries too since no one thinks of mine as anything other than a neat place to visit.

When China decides to expand and their gun barrels are pointed at you I am sure you will have a different opinion of OUR troops.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Like I said before, criticize the government all you want...they are making the decisions. The troops aren't.

So the U.S. government steals these men from their beds, implants a control chip in their heads, slaps a "Troop" label on them and ships them off to the Middle East - all without the consent or willful participation of the men themselves?

Yep, that is exactly how it works.

Come on dude, make some decent points and quit spitting out gibberish.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They might as werll work for the Oil companys fella..
People go out a survey a country then the army go and aquire the land..
And yes its always with guns ablazing with no moral authority..
Someone should also check them aircraft flying back to the states full to
the gunnels with stolen opium..
No custioms and excise for you Heroes..
You wanna wake up and smell the coffee fella..
Regards
Plazmuh

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yep, that is exactly how it works.

Come on dude, make some decent points and quit spitting out gibberish.

what Kryties is saying (by the way to Kryties your avatar of the ancient alien guy is hilarious) is that if the troops aren't making decisions affecting their own lives they must be mind controlled puppets (which is not an entirely unrealistic exaggeration).
edit on 10-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing out that WE are a world superpower. And no I am not suprised. If I live in one of the "lesser" countries like say a...country colonized by a bunch of criminals and degenerates then I would be pretty critical of other countries too since no one thinks of mine as anything other than a neat place to visit.

Yep, figured as much. I was wondering how long it would be until you started to throw insults rather than engage in intelligent discussion.

As intelligent discussion has now flown out the window, I will bow out of this thread before it devolves even further.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Superpower=dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by filosophia

The troops aren't here to protect you from your own government.....you do realize that they are an arm of the government?

They are here to protect you from foreign powers.

Wrong

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Defend the constitution from enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC (did you really not know or were you hoping I wouldn't know?) So DOMESTIC means my own government, or rather traitors (like Harry Reid and Obama) within the government.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yep, figured as much. I was wondering how long it would be until you started to throw insults rather than engage in intelligent discussion.

As intelligent discussion has now flown out the window, I will bow out of this thread before it devolves even further.

aaawwwww, I am sorry. Did I hit you where it hurts?

Since we are the world superpower (like you said) we get to do whatever the *&^% we want. If we want more land, guess what? We can go get it. If we want your oil, guess what? We can go get it. And the biggest and best thing of all is....if we think you are a threat to us, guess what? We can go eliminate that threat. It is nice to be a superpower.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yep, Tyranny at it's finest. And you support this willingly. I find that utterly disgusting.

Good day to you Sir.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Let's see how long that lasts.
And if you and your country are so great and powerful why is there so much poverty?
edit on 10-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

aaawwwww, I am sorry. Did I hit you where it hurts?

Since we are the world superpower (like you said) we get to do whatever the *&^% we want. If we want more land, guess what? We can go get it. If we want your oil, guess what? We can go get it. And the biggest and best thing of all is....if we think you are a threat to us, guess what? We can go eliminate that threat. It is nice to be a superpower.

Your ignorance is alarming. How did that 'eliminating the threat' go in the middle east? Ten years on and we're still neck deep in it.

link   

Originally posted by filosophia

reply to post by filosophia

The troops aren't here to protect you from your own government.....you do realize that they are an arm of the government?

They are here to protect you from foreign powers.

Wrong

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Defend the constitution from enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC (did you really not know or were you hoping I wouldn't know?) So DOMESTIC means my own government, or rather traitors (like Harry Reid and Obama) within the government.

Believe me, I would like nothing more than for some of our guys in uniform to go arrest Reid, Obama and the lot of them.

But it aint gonna happen.

Also, it is pretty contradictory to say that if the President was a threat you would defend against him but at the same time you will follow his orders. Maybe they should rewrite that.

Nice find.

link   
Of course I support the troops - they're my countrymen and women.
It's the politicians I can't stomach and honestly I have no clue where they dredge them up from.
Hate to say it but do you know anybody else besides Uncle Sam who's hiring?

edit on 10-8-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
All you idiots that don't support the troops should keep your mouth shut. These men and women are only trying to better their lives. Most sign up right after high school because the educational system in the country is a joke. You cant blame them if they want school paid for and heath benefits for their children. Most have wives and young children at home that are worrying to death about the wellbeing of loved ones and you label them as mercenaries or goons that are only good for following orders. I would love to see all you cowards that don't fight to show up when these soldiers come home and spit in their face and tell them how unappreciated they are and see what happens.

My sister in law and her husband are West Point graduates that served in Iraq while their then 6 month old son stayed home with his grandparents. After knowing them for 6 years I can tell you that they are in no way shape or form mercenaries or thugs. They actually cared for those people that lived around their FOB (Baqubah) and I have seen them shed more then a few tears after telling stories of local villagers coming to the base harmed by their own people. Not ours.

I'm sure it happens. I'm sure their are casualties that weren't supposed to be targets. Thats the consequences of war.

Do I believe we needed to be in Iraq? No. But who am I to blast the military men and women for a decision a bunch of fat cat morons in Washington made?

If you don't like the way the country is operating, you do something about it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is poverty in every country regardless of how great they are or arent.

Should I not feel like my country is great? Should I not have national pride? Dont you about yours?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thought you were bowing out?

How many times are you going to say goodbye?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Believe me, I would like nothing more than for some of our guys in uniform to go arrest Reid, Obama and the lot of them.

But it aint gonna happen.

Which is exactly why so many people claim the troops DON'T protect our freedoms (I'm not asking you to change your mind, just understand why people believe the things they do).

Also, it is pretty contradictory to say that if the President was a threat you would defend against him but at the same time you will follow his orders. Maybe they should rewrite that.

Nice find.

Yes, it is a contradiction if the president is the domestic traitor, but the defense of the constitution appears first, and the constitution has been around longer than any leader, especially in America were the leaders only last 4 or 8 years, so I think it's fairly obvious that since Obama has only been president for 3 years the Constitution trumps the president.

The oath also says they will follow the orders of the president "according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." So that means if the president tells them to mutilate a defenseless village even if that were somehow constitutional it may still be contrary to the rules of military justice. Considering that the U.S. military oversaw the destruction of Nazi, Germany, I would think they have certain regulations against committing genocide (although as we know regulations and rules can be broken as they are being done right now in Afghanistan and Pakistan).
edit on 10-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

Please point out where I am being ignorant, specifically

It hasnt gone well at all, we should have pulled out years ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

No. We don't. Not after WWII. I served two tours in Vietnam and, trust me, we protect NOTHING. The fact that you say this as our freedoms are stripped from us daily is dangerous to the survival of America because you seemingly believe this flag waving idiocy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join