It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops DO Protect Our Freedom and We Should Thank Them for Doing So

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

You still don't get it though, the soldiers CHOOSE to be subjected to the will of the United States government. In one breath you have blamed the US Government, the US educational system, and lack of finances for a decision that the soldiers have made. No one forced these soldiers get married and have children for which they are financially responsible.
There are many other ways to get health care and college paid for in this country. Everyone in this country is guaranteed the same opportunity, not the same results. I've seen people get a job at McDonalds and work their way through college without resorting to killing brown people. No one is twisting their arms.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My biggest point about the troops protecting our freedoms is that their presences alone keeps us safe from some coming in an taking over.

That isnt a crazy idea right?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well said if we did not have our troops there would be many threats. They do their job. The other thread was started by an American hater. Thanks for making a good thread!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrOysterhead
My biggest point about the troops protecting our freedoms is that their presences alone keeps us safe from some coming in an taking over.

It wouldn't be a crazy idea if they did just serve as a deterrent but they are used as a strongarm against an endless string phantom enemies. Bring them all back to America, let them act as a domestic deterrent, then we'll talk.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you think that the US armed forces are doing anything then helping secure the new EMPIRE you are delusional. These "wars" have been going on for some time now and for what? Who's footing the bill? The tax payers are, now we have the blood of millions of innocents on our hands, this has to be stopped.

link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by olliemc84

You still don't get it though, the soldiers CHOOSE to be subjected to the will of the United States government. In one breath you have blamed the US Government, the US educational system, and lack of finances for a decision that the soldiers have made. No one forced these soldiers get married and have children for which they are financially responsible.
There are many other ways to get health care and college paid for in this country. Everyone in this country is guaranteed the same opportunity, not the same results. I've seen people get a job at McDonalds and work their way through college without resorting to killing brown people. No one is twisting their arms.

Yeah but what are we supposed to do...just NOT have a military?

If our military spoke out against our own government it would be total anarchy and that is good for you, me or the rest of the world except those who want us to fail.

link   

While I cant entirely agree with some of your opinion (I don't think the taliban will ever be a threat to US Soil.)

Soldiers deserve our thanks, and I'm glad someone created a counter thread. S+F

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It wouldn't be a crazy idea if they did just serve as a deterrent but they are used as a strongarm against an endless string phantom enemies. Bring them all back to America, let them act as a domestic deterrent, then we'll talk.

Alright but you could also say that us "flexing our muscles" around the world keeps us safer at home.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
If you think that the US armed forces are doing anything then helping secure the new EMPIRE you are delusional. These "wars" have been going on for some time now and for what? Who's footing the bill? The tax payers are, now we have the blood of millions of innocents on our hands, this has to be stopped.

There was a time in history where expanding your borders was a good thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I agree, and thank you and all troops who serve honorably for their service. It's not their fault that our government is corrupt, it's OUR fault. We the people elect them, and allow them to stay in power, even when it's obvious they're bought and paid for and do NOT serve the people. The military, however, does serve the people. It's not up to them to make policy decisions, and I'm quite sure the vast majority would rather be here at home with their families than across the world in a land where people want to kill them. The military is a tool, and we're allowing it to be misused by our "leaders" to secure corporate interests overseas. If it really does come down to them needing to defend our freedoms, they will be there to do so. Perhaps, when the people finally get the balls to take back this country from the elitist scumbags, they will be there with us.

The other thread was quite disgusting, and frankly seemed to be yet another dividing thread, along with all the race baiting threads lately. We need to stand united, the people against those who are robbing our children's futures. Our military is made up of the people, and it's being abused the same as the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You know what? Stuff it - all hail the troops! God bless them for helping the US government in spending yourselves into oblivion and collapsing your empire. Well done! When they are finished perhaps the rest of the world can get along with the job of fixing everything America broke.

Yep. Sounds good to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Thanks for pointing out that WE are a world superpower. And no I am not suprised. If I live in one of the "lesser" countries like say a...country colonized by a bunch of criminals and degenerates then I would be pretty critical of other countries too since no one thinks of mine as anything other than a neat place to visit.

Yep, figured as much. I was wondering how long it would be until you started to throw insults rather than engage in intelligent discussion.

As intelligent discussion has now flown out the window, I will bow out of this thread before it devolves even further.

aaawwwww, I am sorry. Did I hit you where it hurts?

Since we are the world superpower (like you said) we get to do whatever the *&^% we want. If we want more land, guess what? We can go get it. If we want your oil, guess what? We can go get it. And the biggest and best thing of all is....if we think you are a threat to us, guess what? We can go eliminate that threat. It is nice to be a superpower.

MrOysterhead , i really hope you were being sarcastic here. Really.

Because if you weren't, you just won a label of "The biggest douchebag of the topic".

Congrats.
edit on 10/8/11 by Canslli because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

Sure one could argue that....but there is a huge difference between saber rattling or posturing and what the United States military does in the world. Why should we have a military presence in that many countries? I can think of dozens of countries that lack a global military presence that face no terrorist threat.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You know what? Stuff it - all hail the troops! God bless them for helping the US government in spending yourselves into oblivion and collapsing your empire. Well done! When they are finished perhaps the rest of the world can get along with the job of fixing everything America broke.

Yep. Sounds good to me.

I knew you wouldnt be gone too long.

Thanks for the support.

Remember, China will be coming for you one day and we will be there to help you. And I will gladly wave my flag in support of our troops helping keep YOU and YOUR COUNTRYMEN safe.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

Not to mention the arrogance in believing you can station American troops in foreign countries regardless of whether or not they are wanted. And people wonder why the rest of the world gets angry at the flag-waving idiots....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
These troops choose by their own free will to enlist in the US armed forces. There was no draft and no one forced them to do so, so why should I feel bad for them? support them? They are doing a "job" they choose to do, just like anybody else in this world does, it does not matter if its for tuition money for college or too support their families, I don't understand why we should have some special sympathy for them?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

There was also a time when people thought slavery was a good idea.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canslli

Thanks for pointing out that WE are a world superpower. And no I am not suprised. If I live in one of the "lesser" countries like say a...country colonized by a bunch of criminals and degenerates then I would be pretty critical of other countries too since no one thinks of mine as anything other than a neat place to visit.

Yep, figured as much. I was wondering how long it would be until you started to throw insults rather than engage in intelligent discussion.

As intelligent discussion has now flown out the window, I will bow out of this thread before it devolves even further.

HAHAHA, you are probably right. I am in a douchey mood this morning. All this hating on my troops has got me uber-patriotic this morning.

Sarcasm or not, it is true. If we truely wanted those things we could take them.
aaawwwww, I am sorry. Did I hit you where it hurts?

Since we are the world superpower (like you said) we get to do whatever the *&^% we want. If we want more land, guess what? We can go get it. If we want your oil, guess what? We can go get it. And the biggest and best thing of all is....if we think you are a threat to us, guess what? We can go eliminate that threat. It is nice to be a superpower.

MrOysterhead , i really hope you were being sarcastic here. Really.

Because if you weren't, you just won a label of "The biggest douchebag of the topic".

Congrats.
edit on 10/8/11 by Canslli because: (no reason given)

HAHAHA, you are probably right. All this hating on my troops got me uber-patriotic this morning.

Sarcasm or not, if we wanted to we could
edit on 10-8-2011 by MrOysterhead because: text disappeared

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
These troops choose by their own free will to enlist in the US armed forces. There was no draft and no one forced them to do so, so why should I feel bad for them? support them? They are doing a "job" they choose to do, just like anybody else in this world does, it does not matter if its for tuition money for college or too support their families, I don't understand why we should have some special sympathy for them?

Well said and I like how you remained neutral in your analysis, and it's true, if they willingly choose to defend our freedoms and/or make money for the globalist bankers why should we give them special attention?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There was also a time when people thought slavery was a good idea.

touche

See guys, I can bow down when someone debates intelligently.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join