Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Our Troops DO Protect Our Freedom and We Should Thank Them for Doing So

page: 9
41
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead
 


Yes, expanding your borders was considered a good thing not that long ago, but since the end of WW2 most of the free thinking world saw what kind of damage can be done by a large army hell bent on doing so. Point is we grew up and most people see things differently in modern times, I believe that there are still a lot of us that could learn something from history, all empires come crashing down eventually.




posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead
 


Lies. I made many intelligent points and you responded by insulting my country.

Not to mention the whole "America - F#$@ YEAH" rant you went on.

Don't get all excited at me responding to you by the way, I can almost hear the fapping way over here, I am merely pointing out the falsehood of your posts and the double-standards you display here. You have shown your blind ignorance through a spectacular display which really speaks for itself - without the need for me to add any more to it



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well done USA , you realy do have a right to be proud of your brave Soldiers!!!

Vietnam - 3.5 million dead estimates put civilian toll at 2 million +(Thousands still suffering effects of agent orange)
Iraq - 1.2 million dead out of a population of 30 million (many still dieing from the effects of DU)
Japan - 1.5 million dead from 2 atomic bombs dropped on civilians, (750,000 killed instantly, 90% Civilians)
Afghanistan - estimates put the figure at 300,000, majority civilains
6 million People Were killed in CIA secret wars against third world countries

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Of course we had to kill them because they hate us for our freedoms.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
They are doing a "job" they choose to do, just like anybody else in this world does, it does not matter if its for tuition money for college or too support their families, I don't understand why we should have some special sympathy for them?


Perhaps because their job is a little bit different than a job in the office, or McDonalds, or whatever. They stand in front of people who are shooting at them. On the flip side, the people who are shooting at them currently, are probably justified in doing so. No argument there, our current wars are wrong, and our government is doing the bidding of their masters who we allow to bribe them right in front of our faces. Again, the military is a tool, and there is bravery involved in going into battle. An army with divided loyalties, that could individually pick and choose their missions, would be worthless. Like any tool, it needs to be ready to go. I wonder how you guys would feel about the military if it were fractured by divided loyalties where most of them refused to fight, and we really were threatened. You'd probably be wishing they were there for you as Chinese soldiers are raping your wives (with their little Chinese wangs)...



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by thegoods724
 

america is the country doing the damage. thats why people around the world hate us. we go where we don't belong, ripping and tearing, and a lot of people suffer for it, ours and theirs.



I guess Spain is just as bad as the USA since Madrid was bombed by al Qaeda right?

I guess you guys don't even realize that there's more of a cyber war going on at this moment. Countries want to shut our communications down so that they can invade without any problems. Talk about freedom... I guess you guys don't like the freedom of being able to surf the web freely and post here on ATS. Thank the integrated cyber warefare troops for that!!!!
edit on 10-8-2011 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium
 


Japan asked for it.

The others...well they did not.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If the military was 'protecting your freedom' they'd be in D.C. arresting the DOMESTIC enemy. But instead, they are overseas, fighting the 'boogie man'.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't blame the troops for the insanity in the middle east, I blame our government for putting them there. But if I don't support the "wars" why in the hell would I support the troops that are fighting them? It's nothing personal against our armed forces, it's just a hypocritical statement made by many citizens here in the old USA "I don't support the wars, but I support the troops" WHAT? It makes zero sense and its classic doublespeak.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC
 


I'm sorry to say, or infact , not really... anyway, the army/military units and installations have many fake purposes, to drag an illusion of threat and danger, the illusion is necessary to gain support from the millions of people living in their protective bubble of illusion and fear.
The true enemy, are infact yourself.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
If the military was 'protecting your freedom' they'd be in D.C. arresting the DOMESTIC enemy. But instead, they are overseas, fighting the 'boogie man'.


They're are also some right HERE fighting a cyber war for YOUR INTERNET! You wouldn't have it right now without them... guaranteed.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Although it has probably been referenced already, I will add perhaps again that the military does not really belong to the republic. It is an arm of the corporate USA and owes its allegiance there. The UCMJ is a product of the USC which comes into being by a series of acts, which is the corporation's way of producing creations which 'have the effect of law'. Read appearance. The oath is to the corporate US Govt.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am a veteran. I served in the Navy. I enlisted when I was 17 and got out shortly before the first Iraq war. I know what it is like to feel patriotic and feel you are serving to defend your country. I also know that there are a lot of war mongers in the military. When I was in we had a lot of people wishing the Russians would flinch so we could teach them a lesson. Most of that was the higher ups, not the "grunts". Most of the average enlisted guys would turn on their leaders if asked to fight Americans on home soil.

One thing that is beaten into you when you are at boot camp is how to follow orders. They also tell you that they own your soul for the term of your enlistment, and they do a very good job of threatening you. When you are that young, you really do believe everything they tell you. You learn not to question authority. This is why no one questions our mission over there until they get out. A few will try, and the military will make an example of them to dissuade others from following suit.

I am a patriot. I love my country. I feel pride for those who serve. I do not, however, agree with what they are being told to do and why. It is OUR responsibility to let our officials know of our disapproval of the situation and force them to change course. We elected them, we gave them the power to do it. It is up to us to revoke that power and bring our troops home to defend our homeland as the Constitution instructed us to do.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
It's nothing personal against our armed forces, it's just a hypocritical statement made by many citizens here in the old USA "I don't support the wars, but I support the troops" WHAT? It makes zero sense and its classic doublespeak.


Really? How did you come to that conclusion? What kind of all or nothing, absolutist thinking is that? You can very easily be against the wars to secure corporate resources, but still offer your personal support and gratitude for the little people who signed up to defend this country, but are being misused because we the people allow our corrupt politicians to stay in power. They are not being cut in to the spoils of these wars, they are being maimed and killed, only to be abandoned by the government once they serve their purpose. You don't know their personal motives for joining, many probably do sign up to serve and defend this country. We the people have failed them, by allowing known crooks to stay in power, and keep getting richer off ALL of our work and sacrifices.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by discharged77
They are doing a "job" they choose to do, just like anybody else in this world does, it does not matter if its for tuition money for college or too support their families, I don't understand why we should have some special sympathy for them?


Perhaps because their job is a little bit different than a job in the office, or McDonalds, or whatever. They stand in front of people who are shooting at them. On the flip side, the people who are shooting at them currently, are probably justified in doing so. No argument there, our current wars are wrong, and our government is doing the bidding of their masters who we allow to bribe them right in front of our faces. Again, the military is a tool, and there is bravery involved in going into battle. An army with divided loyalties, that could individually pick and choose their missions, would be worthless. Like any tool, it needs to be ready to go. I wonder how you guys would feel about the military if it were fractured by divided loyalties where most of them refused to fight, and we really were threatened. You'd probably be wishing they were there for you as Chinese soldiers are raping your wives (with their little Chinese wangs)...
Listen, we are not talking about hypothetical situations here, we are talking about what is really happening, last time I checked we where not being invaded by China. On the other hand, if the shoe was on the other foot and an outside army was invading America because we where supposedly harboring "terrorists" how would you feel? Would you fight back when they crashed in your door at 3am in the morning? Would you be a big fan of said country? I would think not. As far as their job goes, they wanted to do it and I am sure they had a good idea that it involved shooting at and being shoot at by others.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
After a staff review, it has been decided that this thread shall remain closed.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
edit on 8/10/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)






top topics



 
41
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join