It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans. Please.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Today, as I watched Obama trying to reassure us all that everything is to do with the bi-partisan politics in Washington, I realized something. What he is saying doesn't matter.

Now, I will grant you that I am not a fan of Obama or his politics BUT, I do not say that what he is saying doesn't matter because what he is saying is not something that I agree with.

WE as Americans, I feel, are missing something crucial here.

Agree or not, Barack Hussein Obama IS our President and we ALL, right or left, ought to support him and rally behind him.

Believe me, I know this is no easy thing to do. But we, as a country DID elect him (conspiracies aside here). And we, as Americans, ought to support one another in that choice. Come 2012, we can make another choice, but in the here and now, we need to be one. Solid. Whole. A nation working together.

We all have a family member who does things we would never do, but in the thick of it all, we will stand up for that family member against all odds...just because they are family. WE ARE A FAMILY AMERICA....and we need to get together and support each other. Even those we disagree with.

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We should not support his policy's if we don't agree with them. That's not the way the country improves. If he has ideas about the direction of the country that people feel is incorrect they should do everything they can to change it or stop it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You're right of course, and what I say above goes both ways. I would like the President to see the wishes of the people as much as I would the people to see his. But, in the end, he IS the POTUS and, when decisions are made, we ought to rally around them.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Stand together or is it rather "go back to sleep"...

Sorry, man those days are over, we need a better system world wide that is not controlled by some wealthy psychos...ah ah.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24945ffe3454.gif[/atsimg]

Peace
edit on 8-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

link   
yeah well i have a dysfunctional family much like america has become dysfunctional and if my sisters screws up

i will tell her to quit acting so stupid and she turns around as repeats the same stupidity as i just yelled at her for.

just like politics some people never learn thats on them not us.

link   
Yes lets support him/Them as they run this country into the ground giving money away to other countries and forgetting about our own.

Not a chance I will NOT support him or them. He never should have been elected to begin with honestly.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

spoken like a true BHO supporter!!

If I were president of your country, I would step up and fix what is wrong by doing what is right and stop the bullying and the pillaging of every hard working individual and take from the over zealous, robbing, deceitful conglomerate henchmen like a modern day Robbin Hood, but then again I wouldnt want to tun out to be the next Kennedy either.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

If we had done this in the past we would have had some horrible mistakes. Should we have rallied around Johnson and Nixon went they continued the war in Vietnam or was it better to protest for an end to that conflict. Should we have supported Bush for invading Iraq when many of us thought it was wrong and was costing American lives.

Just because a President makes a decision doesn't mean it should be supported. Should we have supported Hoover when his decisions were making the Great depression the mess it became or tried to get real policy's done which led to FDR's plan?

This list is almost endless.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I'm afraid Obama is so far to the extreme opposite of my world view, I simply cannot support him at any level and look myself in the mirror every morning. I can't do anything about it until 2012 and the election, but I can't support him between now and then. He's just too far gone.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Stand together or is it rather "go back to sleep"...

Sorry, man those days are over, we need a better system world wide that is not controlled by some wealthy psychos...ah ah.

Peace

"Those days"? What days? Days of sleeping? "A better System"? What do you propose? "Wealthy psychos"? Who are they?

Peace to you, too.
edit on 8-8-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Today, as I watched Obama trying to reassure us all that everything is to do with the bi-partisan politics in Washington, I realized something. What he is saying doesn't matter.

Now, I will grant you that I am not a fan of Obama or his politics BUT, I do not say that what he is saying doesn't matter because what he is saying is not something that I agree with.

WE as Americans, I feel, are missing something crucial here.

Agree or not, Barack Hussein Obama IS our President and we ALL, right or left, ought to support him and rally behind him.

Believe me, I know this is no easy thing to do. But we, as a country DID elect him (conspiracies aside here). And we, as Americans, ought to support one another in that choice. Come 2012, we can make another choice, but in the here and now, we need to be one. Solid. Whole. A nation working together.

We all have a family member who does things we would never do, but in the thick of it all, we will stand up for that family member against all odds...just because they are family. WE ARE A FAMILY AMERICA....and we need to get together and support each other. Even those we disagree with.

I support my President.. I do not agree with him, or his policy. To say the least I am very very very disappointed, in how our elected officials operate in Washington.. As a matter a fact, if the men who wrote the declaration of independence, and the men and women, who died for it were alive today, they would see a very different world..

Raising the debt limit is really the best thing for the people of this country?
Liberating Iraq, in a unstable region is the best thing for the people of this country?
Bailing out banks that are to big to fail, really is this the best for the people of this country?
Passing laws to ship our jobs overseas is this best for the people of this country?
Supporting my President, when he is part of the dysfunction in our government? Is this really the best thing for the people of this country?

I studied American, history, and the history we are writing now is not American...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah well i have a dysfunctional family much like america has become dysfunctional and if my sisters screws up

i will tell her to quit acting so stupid and she turns around as repeats the same stupidity as i just yelled at her for.

just like politics some people never learn thats on them not us.

"Some people never learn, that's on them not us".

Makes sense, individually speaking. Unfortunately, in this world, we are NOT alone. We can try and live individually and make choices which concern only ourselves, but, really, we all depend one on the other. We cannot go it alone...at least not well and not for long.

We must help those wayward family members. Whether they be presidents or patients.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

He was elected for one reason and one reason only, to bring back a sense of faith and good in your corrupt countries system. To make people feel as though anyone could achieve your so called American dream. He was elected to make Americans forget about the events that just took place for the last 7 years prior to being elected into office...It worked like a charm, with millions upon millions of people cheering and clapping as that last glimmer of joy and hope sparkled in so many peoples eyes.. Yet again another masterful piece of literature that was produced by the wizardry that is...

link   
reply to post by kalunom

Sorry no pun intended please refer back to my post above.

Einstein says it better...

Peace.

edit on 8-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

link   

we, as a country DID elect him (conspiracies aside here). And we, as Americans, ought to support one another in that choice. Come 2012, we can make another choice, but in the here and now, we need to be one. Solid. Whole. A nation working together.

...is this where we all start singing kumbaya?...

We all have a family member who does things we would never do, but in the thick of it all, we will stand up for that family member against all odds...just because they are family.

...there is nothing in your above paragraph that i agree with...

WE ARE A FAMILY AMERICA....and we need to get together and support each other. Even those we disagree with.

...you must be a sweet person - very naive too...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

well no you cant help stupid and the difference between ignorance and stupid is ignorance people dont know any better.

stupid is knowing better and still doing it.

thats this country in a nutshell especially our current form of government and sometimes and more often than naught they best way to help people is to do nothing for them.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That's the way it was in the past. Americans always rallied around their president whether he was democratic or republican. Today, the American public and elected officials are like wolves ready to pounce on anything that a president does or says. The election campaigns for both the republican and democrats are no longer over. They continue to attack and try to score points for their parties. Instead of focusing on the problems of Americans, both parties are focused on winning the next election.

I don't think a day goes by without a tea party or republican ATS member creates a thread just to find faults with Obama. If a republican wins the next election, we'll see the same thing with democrats.

If both sides continue to attack presidents based upon party affiliation, nothing, absolutely nothing will be accomplished on behalf of the taxpaying public. If we truly want intelligent debate and a congress that works for the people, get rid of the two party system and lobbyists.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Yes lets support him/Them as they run this country into the ground giving money away to other countries and forgetting about our own.

Not a chance I will NOT support him or them. He never should have been elected to begin with honestly.

The thing is, he WAS elected. And he was elected as a result of our fellow countrymen voting for him.

Not supporting him now does nothing. He WILL remain President until, at least, January 2013 and standing in place against all his policies and ideas will go nowhere. He has made that clear (much to mine and many others' chagrine). So....he IS our POTUS. Let's let him rule as such. Let's support him to the fullest extent we are able. Let's go for it all...let him have his time. Let's be Americans and just &&&&####'n go for it.

We need it. Now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Iam sorry but I cannot get behind him or anyone there. We the people need to go and fire everyone there and rebuild it there are to many nut jobs and crooked ones takeing money doing everything wrong for the people
So Iam sorry but I just cant get behind none of them left wright or center I just cant
They are just to screwd up

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I just wrote this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating here.

You talk of compromise, the pols talk of compromise, the president talks of compromise.

When a thief holds a gun to you, the only compromise you'll find is how many times he shoots you!

So no compromise, no retreat, no surrender, no deal-making, no secret handshake deals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join