It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans. Please.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Sorry OP, I can't get behind an idea of supporting any of our leaders, as I don't recognize their authority. I will however be a good American and stand by and show my support for my fellow Americans and the general citizen population of this country.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jackslick

Great post!! Jack!! I agree with you and more should be said on this for the good of all etc, but I also feel it's smart to have an exit plan just in case the ship is about to sink!! The point is, WE CAN TALK AND DISCOVER EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH OUR LEADERS AND THEIR AGENDA'S BUT WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? I don't want to go to my grave saying, "Something was wrong here and I knew it but did nothing to stop it."

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Good luck. Nothing you or I can do to stop it. Epitahps are neat.

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

Originally posted by Connman
Yes lets support him/Them as they run this country into the ground giving money away to other countries and forgetting about our own.

Not a chance I will NOT support him or them. He never should have been elected to begin with honestly.

The thing is, he WAS elected. And he was elected as a result of our fellow countrymen voting for him.

Not supporting him now does nothing. He WILL remain President until, at least, January 2013 and standing in place against all his policies and ideas will go nowhere. He has made that clear (much to mine and many others' chagrine). So....he IS our POTUS. Let's let him rule as such. Let's support him to the fullest extent we are able. Let's go for it all...let him have his time. Let's be Americans and just &&&&####'n go for it.

We need it. Now.
No, No, a million times NO! Have you forgotten that Adolf Hitler was elected to power in a "democracy"? Would you insist we support him because he was "legally elected"? Grow up, wake up, and stop drinking your very fluoridated koolaid. This man and the people pulling his strings want to finish their destruction of our formerly great nation. I will not stand by, much less support him in doing so.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Kalunom, Please...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

[scratches head and shakes it in disbelief]
Absolutely Not!
To suggest that one blindly and without understanding and integrity of thought and subject,
follow or support an obvious wrong is to request the status of lemming and ask for the highest cliff to meet the rocks below.
This my dear site patron is exactly why we are in this state we are in.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

We are in such disagreement and disarray and apparent suffering at the hands of our own government (at least this is the perception we put forth to the world) I do not understand why some ally does not take it upon themselves to invade the United States and rescue us from our tyrannical leaders.

What stops them? Don't they have a conscious or care about us POOR AMERICANS?

What you say is correct and this infighting among ourselves is like a deadly cancer eating us away from the inside. Makes us weaker and vulnerable. We know that now. Some people knew it earlier and always tried to talk reason into those spouting inflammatory rhetoric. Lets keep our dirty laundry private...but noooooo.
Lets tell the whole world we have fallen to Communism and they should not longer respect us listen or pay attention to anything we say or want. We are already corrupted.

Like I say in an earlier post... You may not come from the best family but you stick together in adversity.

What we have done is the equivalent of calling our mother a whore and our dad a deadbeat, at the town hall meeting.

You may be spouting an inconvenient truth but doesn't improve your families stature in the town.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Hay after it has passed through the digestive tract of a male cow.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by kalunom

Absolutely Not!
To suggest that one blindly and without understanding and integrity of thought and subject,
follow or support an obvious wrong is to request the status of lemming and ask for the highest cliff to meet the rocks below.

That type of narrowly focused left brain thinking is what got us into this mess in the first place.
Expand and think ahead, imagine possibilities.

We would not have had a decline in our credit if it were not for our own people shouting to the whole world WE ARE NOT GOOD FOR IT!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
reply to post by kalunom

Sorry OP, I can't get behind an idea of supporting any of our leaders, as I don't recognize their authority. I will however be a good American and stand by and show my support for my fellow Americans and the general citizen population of this country.

Not to worry. There are many patriotic American who still love the country, respect the Office of the President of the United States and the Constitution enough to stop the petty anarchist and treasonous traitors before they attempt to dismantle and damage it. Yes, we have a great deal of ground to make up. Lots of correcting to do. You are either a part of the problem or the solution. Which is it? In 1 or 4 years we will elect another President. If you don't think the office deserves respect depending on who sits in the chair why do we bother with the charade? Pick your dictator.

US of Walmart is where we are heading. Don't recent rulings of our own Supreme Court bother you at all? There is where you should be protesting.Those rulings and the war. Not too much objection to WAR except by those wimpy crybaby liberals.

edit on 9-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Agree or not, Barack Hussein Obama IS our President and we ALL, right or left, ought to support him and rally behind him.

the bu#es said the same thing. now it's easy for me to sling stuff around as I'm Canadian, but, your duty as an American is to protect your country and it's citizens. It is your duty to remove a government that is not performing the will of the people. It is your duty to oppose unjust laws and policies.

when your government becomes tyrannical, and they all do, it is your duty to over throw it and replace it, even if that means a violent revolution. That is what your country is founded on, and those ideals should be held close to your chest.

I personally don't want to imagine a world without the US. But as the policies continue a downward spiral, I also don't want the US to drag the rest of the world down when it implodes.

Your duty is to vote for who you believe will lead your country best. That duty doesn't end after the election is called on Fox news. That duty requires vigilance and a willingness to risk life and limb to protect the ideals the Us is supposed to stand for.

according to recent poles, the Us government has something like 16% of the people feeling like they are actually doing what the people want. That leaves a whopping chunk of the population, the majority, feeling disenfranchised.

If something isn't done to stop the wars, stop the economic rape of the world and your pensions, that support pole will represent the entire world and their fears of what the future holds for us all.

America, arguably, has the wheel. It's your job to keep the tires off the lines.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Are you suggesting a Revolutionary War?

Why do you people always beat around the bushes and set them ablaze before you say OUT.

If you are proposing a revolutionary war...say it.

I would like to see some muster back up the bluster.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Ultimately it comes down to leadership, not policy and people have fundamentally lost confidence in Obama for a number of reasons.

I don't think there ever has been a president who understood better the politics of getting elected.
I don't think there ever has been a president who totally lacks an understanding of politics of being elected.

He just does not get how to lead. Leadership requires action, it requires engagement, it requires humility. This man is a terrible leader, period.

The gent has received a vote of no confidence, around the world. His policies are in shambles both domestic and internationally. He is unable to articulate a vision with any more substance than a campaign speach filled with sound bites. Actually, if you go back and listen to some of the campaign speaches he made, they were actually quite substantive and detailed. Of course he either has not done what he suggested that he would have done or has actually done them with disasterous consequences.

People not only won't but should not support someone in which they don't have confidence, not on a football field, not in the CEOs office and not in the white house.

The tide is not beginning to turn from a confidence issue to a trust issue. Folks don't trust him any longer. Confronted with problems he trumps out the same old nonsense. Only yesterday he is calling for more spending when the entire world is telling us "Enough with the spending". He fundamentally does not get it. People know his solutions are the wrong ones yet he continues to push them? Why? People know that his team needs a shake up but he refuses to make any changes. Why? People have recognized that his general approach to solving the economic problems have not worked and know that he gets that as well yet he won't admit it. Why?

Who cares why. Results are what matter and this gent is simply not delivering results.

He will not change. His is a failed presidency and will go down in history as such. The beauty of the British form of government is that the party can remove the leader. There is absolutely no doubt that the Democrat party would have issued a vote of no confidence in Obama and replaced him, absoutely no doubt and it would of course have been the right move.

By the way, where have the tea party leaders and republican leaders been these past 10 days? By in large they have taken a page out of Machiavelli "When your enemy is destroying himself do not engage in combat".

That smart? Of course it is. Its also responsible.

Nobody should follow a leader blindly, and certainly not this one

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There can be no peace.
The Republicans have declared war on everyone but the very rich.
Republicans are stealing our retirement and medical insurance.
The very rich are paying 18% to 0% in taxes while the rest of us pay 25%, 30, 33, 35 percent Payroll taxes.
Lobbyists get all the laws passed while the people have no say in government.
Wages are low with no pay raises while executives paid each other a 26% raise this year.
Unions only account for 16% of the workforce yet they are being attacked in many states.
The Minimum Wage is under attack.
Public Schools are being attacked while private religious schools are trying to steal our taxes.
Public libraries are under attack.
Our jobs are continuing to be outsourced by corporations who get our taxes for nothing.

NO PEACE! WE WILL UNIONIZE AGAINST THIS EXPLOITATION!
FEAR THE PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Dont you get it? We did not elect President Obama. The Elite elected him. The very people causing all this mess. Obama is just their front man, he does and says everything they tell him to do. Of course he may not agree and would want to do whats right for the people, but Im sure he doesn't want to end up like JFK. People have been warning us about these very issues and about the rich and powerful for Centuries. This is nothing new. People are just now getting fed up and opening their eyes? Sorry to say but its far too late. What we need is good Police, Judges, Attorneys, Lawyers, Congressmen/Woman, to risk it all, stand up and say no more. These Elite people are criminals and mass murderers, they need to be prosecuted and put to death for crimes against Humanity. We have to cut the head off the snake if we want real change.

edit on 9-8-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by kalunom

Absolutely Not!

That type of narrowly focused left brain thinking is what got us into this mess in the first place.
Expand and think ahead, imagine possibilities.

We would not have had a decline in our credit if it were not for our own people shouting to the whole world WE ARE NOT GOOD FOR IT!

Youre button jumping, trying to get a reaction,
enjoy yourself,
I'm not interested.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Are you a part of this country? Barely, as this country government has said they already hate me because of my views. The corporate interests have made it impossible for me to get work so how much of a part of this country am I, really? Not very much at all.

Are you an American? Yes, and I have not seen a constitutional amendment that says we all have to blindly follow the blind man leading us. I refuse to obey a government hell bent on destroying us all.

You hold beliefs that exclude you from being a part of the electoral process. I don't hold this against you, I actually empathize with such beliefs. But, at the end of the day, we are where we are. And Obama is at the head of our country. Respect him or not, would it not be better, for our country as a whole, if we were all behind him?

No, it does not help the country to support someone who is not working in the best interests of it's people nor should I follow blindly a man who is doing his best to follow in Bush's footsteps and rid us of the constitution.

reply to post by ColoradoJens

Are you sure you responded to the right post? I'm not sure what that comment has to do with me as I'm not supporting the OP.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
what an idiot

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Here's the thing... You aren't good for it! Ergo, your debt is astronomical. America borrows more than it pays back to the order of trillions of dollars. Your country is a financial liability endangering the well being of every other country in the world.

IRM

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I love how people talk out of both sides of their mouth. On one hand, they claim that we elected a messiah, that the president wants to take powers(and that goes for any of them since the existance of ATS). yet if anything happens, it is all the responsibility of the president, he screwed it up, he should fix it, blah blah.
So they don't want the President to have a lot of power, but they love handing it to him when they want to complain, and it couldnt' possibly be 435 other people doing this

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join