It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans. Please.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
He is not OUR President. He is a piece in a Left-Wing Communist takeover of North America. Our duty, as Americans, is to fight against this illegitimate puppet, any way we can. Nothing short of his resignation, destitution, or overthrow will suffice.

Meanwhile, we should all boycott any thing he stands for. Whatever BHO, or whatever is real name is, proposes is, by definition, anti-American, and anti-Western. I shall enjoy seeing the surviving members of the SEAL TEAM 6, which he set-up, throw this useless piece of carbon, from an helicopter, into "his homeland"...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
He is our president; was elected to serve the people; and is doing his best to keep his campaign promises. I TRULY feel sorry for him when he is surrounded by people telling him: "Here is what you have to say..."

We don't have to always agree, ideologically or politically, with him. But we most certainly have been "going with the flow" because I don't see any revolution happening/being reported by the MSM.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I came to realize something while I was reading your post. Everything you said dosn't matter.
Because the only thing that is going to happen, is what's supposed to happen. Nothing more nothing less.

I truly wish things were as simple as that. Fact is at one time they were. Things are so complex and run together now. We, as nation, are going to hell in hand basket. You see it as well I or just about anyone else.
It's scary and that's why you posted this thread.
Our opinions will differ on the reasons why everything is slipping thru our fingers.
The reasons I percieve are of this nature.

edit on 9-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
He is not OUR President. He is a piece in a Left-Wing Communist takeover of North America. Our duty, as Americans, is to fight against this illegitimate puppet, any way we can. Nothing short of his resignation, destitution, or overthrow will suffice.

Meanwhile, we should all boycott any thing he stands for. Whatever BHO, or whatever is real name is, proposes is, by definition, anti-American, and anti-Western. I shall enjoy seeing the surviving members of the SEAL TEAM 6, which he set-up, throw this useless piece of carbon, from an helicopter, into "his homeland"...

Please: President Obama in no way" setup" seal team 6; or the army's "delta force" or any other "JSOC" (joint special operations command) units...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Today, as I watched Obama trying to reassure us all that everything is to do with the bi-partisan politics in Washington, I realized something. What he is saying doesn't matter.

Now, I will grant you that I am not a fan of Obama or his politics BUT, I do not say that what he is saying doesn't matter because what he is saying is not something that I agree with.

WE as Americans, I feel, are missing something crucial here.

Agree or not, Barack Hussein Obama IS our President and we ALL, right or left, ought to support him and rally behind him.

Believe me, I know this is no easy thing to do. But we, as a country DID elect him (conspiracies aside here). And we, as Americans, ought to support one another in that choice. Come 2012, we can make another choice, but in the here and now, we need to be one. Solid. Whole. A nation working together.

We all have a family member who does things we would never do, but in the thick of it all, we will stand up for that family member against all odds...just because they are family. WE ARE A FAMILY AMERICA....and we need to get together and support each other. Even those we disagree with.

You realize that our government is based on a pyramid that shares power. The president may be the focal point at the top, but he is also Executive over the smallest branch of that government.

The Legislative Brach is another lever of power, which shares said power with the Executive Branch. It's job is to do mostly mundane things like pay bills and pass a budget, and also to draft legislation to do that and other things .

The Judicial Branch is designed to ensure that justice is served, but mostly just to defend the liberties granted by "Our Creator". It oversees a pyramid like structure of it's own made of progressively larger courts as it goes down, and smaller, more specialized courts as it goes up. It is also the job of the Supreme Court to rule on matters regarding individual rights.

I hope you are better informed.

Also, this is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy, if you haven't heard the truth about that either.

Edit: I guess I should clarify that the lesson was to inform you that just because he is President, doesn't mean what he does is :

A) Legal
B) In the best interest of the US
C) Infallible
D) Correct
E) Moral

Among other things.

edit on 2011/8/9 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

He is YOUR president - what was illegal about his election? Get over it. He represents YOU.

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I don't feel bad for him. He claimed he had principles; he doesn't. He is like every other president...they care NOTHING about you.

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

He is YOUR president - what was illegal about his election? Get over it. He represents YOU.

CJ

And isn't he doing such a fine job. I say we need to hire him again

/end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Sorry, I refuse to blindly support the man. I disagree with every one of his policies. He may be president of my country but he does not represent my wishes nor does he have the best interest of this country in his heart.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
If you don't believe every president since Kennedy has been on the payroll, you are living in a fantasy land.

...i'd go all the way back to woodrow wilson but only when i'm feeling exceptionally generous...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
He is not your father.

He is not your king.

He should be supported no more or less than an employee of your business should be if he was doing a bad job.
edit on 9-8-2011 by 33seconds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The opening post reminds me of a quote from the Old Testament.

"You shall not curse God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

-Exodus 22:28

After 80 years of slander from a secular society,
now all of a sudden, we should not speak ill of the ruler.
I thought you guys all said that religion was the problem.

.?.

David Grouchy
edit on 9-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I'd go back to the first, but in a historical context of the military industrial complext running the whole show, I'd say the nail was in the coffin when they killed Kennedy.

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Nope, let's vote him out - and then what? See the problem is you think someone has your interests at this level - they don't - you mean 0 to any President - how about your local leaders? Do they "represent" you? No - this is broken and until we understand that the polititicans are players in the corporate pocket and serve neither RIGHT OR LEFT will will be able to tackle this...

CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Today, as I watched Obama trying to reassure us all that everything is to do with the bi-partisan politics in Washington, I realized something. What he is saying doesn't matter.

Now, I will grant you that I am not a fan of Obama or his politics BUT, I do not say that what he is saying doesn't matter because what he is saying is not something that I agree with.

WE as Americans, I feel, are missing something crucial here.

Agree or not, Barack Hussein Obama IS our President and we ALL, right or left, ought to support him and rally behind him.

Believe me, I know this is no easy thing to do. But we, as a country DID elect him (conspiracies aside here). And we, as Americans, ought to support one another in that choice. Come 2012, we can make another choice, but in the here and now, we need to be one. Solid. Whole. A nation working together.

We all have a family member who does things we would never do, but in the thick of it all, we will stand up for that family member against all odds...just because they are family. WE ARE A FAMILY AMERICA....and we need to get together and support each other. Even those we disagree with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
Reply by CherubBaby-
I am amazed when people so soon for get the truths that have a direct effect on their lives. I want to say to the op that I appreciate the intent of the message but there are a couple of things that WE AS AMERICANS NEED TO REMEMBER!!!

#1 Since the introduction of the electronic balloting system, we don't really have a clue as to who is or was truely elected because there is no old fashioned count. We depend on a computer program to tell us the outcome. And By The Way, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, THE VOTERS, WERE NEVER GIVEN A SAY SO IN THE CHANGE TO THE ELECTRONIC VOTING SYSTEM!!!

#2 Try to stay with me on this one. I don't know about you but I DON'T TRUST ANYONE WHO CHANGES THEIR STORY!! In 2006 Obama, the Senator said that raising the debt ceiling in a sign that govt is incompetent and irrisponsible and that a change in leadership is needed!!!

Need I say more? Yes we need to follow the ones that we have chosen to lead us but not liars and double tounges.

Lastly. On the issue of the old fashioned count of the vote? IT WORKED WELL FOR OVER 200 YEARS DIDN'T IT?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Yes, until major changes, each election will be chosen for you. The dauphan will be set in place and you will like it. Why people choose to like one or the other is beyond me. WHy people choose to point out the crimes of one and not the other is beyond me. They are and will be the same until we change it.
CJ

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'll be brief (First post on ATS and all).

The right/left paradigm in American politics has to end now. It is no longer a useful tool for identifying significant ideological differences as most Americans tend to agree on the BIG PICTURE of governmental responsibility (Providing for the Common Defense/Limited Policing, Public/Social Infrastructure Investment, Some Social Welfare).

The majority of what is presented as "politics" (And keep in mind, the framers of the constitution saw this as a dirty word) is little more than cultural warfare that legislates tastes and personal behavior. Wedge issues.
Here is the definition of a wedge:

"A piece of wood, metal, or some other material having one thick end and tapering to a thin edge, that is driven between two objects or parts of an object to secure or separate them."
- Who do you think is doing the "driving"?

In my lifetime i've seen a succession of presidents and congresses and courts and newspapers, and networks, and websites that have each in their own way FURTHERED THE AGENDA:
Eliminate privacy, Destroy the personal wealth of 95% of americans, Create an UNIMAGINATIVE and profoundly UNEDUCATED citizenry, Promote a culture of CONSUMPTION, Silence Opposition.

Officials usurp power NOT to UNDO or REDRESS the actions of predecessors, but to push forward a new end, amass new powers, and dictate the scope of discourse. Thoroughly disgusting if it's 'them' but MORE than WELCOME if it's 'us'. Or else we suffer tokenistic changes - overturning of laws that needn't have existed because they were not within the bounds of government to begin with.

AMERICANS. PLEASE.

I sincerely hope that you will all help me articulate this discussion more fully.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Yes lets support him/Them as they run this country into the ground giving money away to other countries and forgetting about our own.

Not a chance I will NOT support him or them. He never should have been elected to begin with honestly.

As I read this, for some reason it reminded me of one of the campaign slogans Obama team thought of using.

The plan was for Obama to hold up a pair of keys and say something about how republicans were running the country into a ditch. Then he would say something like " let's not give them the keys back" and shake the keys a bit.

Well, the story is now looking more like a designated driver was denied the keys by the trashed roommate and the dd was also forced to ride while the trashed roomy drove into a brick wall at max speed.

I'm not saying that it would have happened any different either way but we were all passengers in that car.

Now, to answer the op........

Why would you think we should just blatantly follow the leader uninformed or even if we were informed.
Do you also believe that the Jews should have just bowed down and accept the Nazi party agenda without consideration of their own well-being. I bet your answer is no.

This type of behavior is exactly what this and other corrupt governments want from their people. You may follow with disregard to your own well-being but I will not just "take it like a man". This thought process (or lack there of) is the precise reason we are in the mess were in.

Being an American has nothing to do with submission, in fact, this country was practically founded on the belief of free thinking and universal representation.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jackslick

First post to make sense I've seen. We need to wake up that it is ALL a game and we are the losers.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join