It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Objects Inbound with Elenin. 2 Observatories Confirm ---- Aug 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Wow
Battle L.A. just came to mind

Looks familiar with the Battle L.A. Meteor-Comets /Alien Ships in Outer Space going towards Earth Below
Well the Ones that are Moving and the ones that are Stationary are the Stars

reddragonleo.com...

Ive Thought about that 2

as to what Phage Said then ive Re looked I doubt its a Hot pixel Mess as the

First Picture Shows 3 Objects Moving in 3 frames of the Animated Gif There a Hot Pixel way down at the Bottom Edge to the Left (That is a Hot Pix ! )

The Second Picture
Shows 3 Objects Moving in 4 frames and I see No Noticeable Hot Pix that would grab my Attention

Of the Mains Post
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
I think everyone is overreacting. The pictures are blurry it could be nothing at all or a simple glitch.

Why would they "catalogue" a glitch with a catalogue number?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hot pixels??

Video description:

It seems that a small firestorm has erupted on the internet in the last few days over a time lapse video of an asteroid that narrowly missed a collision with earth. In this particular video a tiny "mysterious object" can be seen dancing to the left and right while simultaneously moving upwards in the frame, and it appears to move out of the way of the asteroid in the animation. This is caused by a hot pixel. Normally hot pixels are stationary from image to image, but when you realign your images to put them together into a time lapse where the stars remain stationary the hot pixel can appear to "move." It's actually tracing out the original motion of the telescope. I'm showing this video as a comparison from my 2-7-09 Lulin animation's red channel where there was a hot pixel near the top of the frame. The first segment shows the full frame, the second segment shows a zoomed in crop of the dancing hot pixel.

Sorry I don't think it's hot pixels. The second segment shows it dancing around at the 11 o'clock position (relative to the bright object) instead of being a fluid motion

**Edit - To the guy above my post...I understand you're upset about getting put in your place, but please quit because you're being off topic.
edit on 8-8-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RUSSO

When the telescope tracks the comet the hot pixels appear to move with the comet. When the telescope does not track the comet and image stacking is used the hot pixels appear in random areas, as seen here:

So you're saying all of the other stationary objects are not hot pixels, and the only hot pixels in these movies are the ones moving? Interesting.

+8 more 
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thats a nice copy and paste job; however, are you really saying anything at all here?

link   
edited....not even gunna bother
edit on 8-8-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by iamhobo

I love how people star you when they have no clue who i am and long I've been here under many names. Sad how the sheeple are starting to take over the forum

Sad to know you have to post under so many names....and sad that you have to pat yourself on the back for it.

Thats whats sad....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by iamhobo

I love how people star you when they have no clue who i am and long I've been here under many names. Sad how the sheeple are starting to take over the forum

Under how many names?? BANNED??? Hmmmm very interesting indeed.. Now can we stay on topic instead of getting derailed?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Back on topic this is nothing. Elenin is a small comet that will pass us and that's about it. Sorry to ruin the party or daily dose of fear. I know many of you thrive on that

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Back on topic this is nothing. Elenin is a small comet that will pass us and that's about it. Sorry to ruin the party or daily dose of fear. I know many of you thrive on that

Look forward to another screen name from you.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by Phage

Phage! I knew there had to be an explanation!

But is it the correct one? That is the question.

I don't think it is that unusual for a comet to come in pieces, we saw it with the shoemaker levy comet.

Comet P/Shoemaker-Levy 9 was discovered by Carolyn and Gene Shoemaker and David Levy in a photograph taken on March 18, 1993 with the 0.4-meter Schmidt telescope at Mt. Palomar. The comet was in orbit around Jupiter with a period of about 2 years, and last made a close approach to Jupiter on July 7, 1992, at a distance of approximately 0.38 Jupiter radii (71,400 km) above the cloud tops. Approximately 1.5 to 2.2 hours after closest approach, the comet (which was presumably a single body at the time) was broken apart by tidal forces into at least 21 pieces.

Shoemaker-Levy 9

Any comet has the potential to come apart or in pieces.

Often times if you look at meteor impact craters you will see what appears to be two or three craters close to each other, so it doesn't take a genius to figure out that space rocks and space ice often come in pieces or clusters.

So I guess the question is, is there any sort of comment from official sources that says this is just a glitch? or artifact?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Shoemaker-Levy 9 was not just a single asteroid but a group of them. We don't have to worry about that one any more as they all hit Jupiter.
edit on 8-8-2011 by kwakakev because: wrong comet

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

It depends. We are dealing with two things at the same time; image stacking and the tracking of the comet.

The stationary objects are stars.
When the comet is being tracked by the telescope from image to image the hot pixels do not appear to move (much) relative to it.

When the comet is not being tracked from image to image, and the images are stacked, the hot pixels appear to move relative to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

I think everyone is overreacting. The pictures are blurry it could be nothing at all or a simple glitch.

Why would they "catalogue" a glitch with a catalogue number?

That is an excellent question!!! I hadn't thought about that! I guess we will all know soon enough right???

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Shoemaker-Levy 9 broke up because it passed deep into the gravity well of Jupiter and tidal forces caused it to disintegrate. The distinctive "string of pearls" was clearly visible.

Elenin has not and will not pass close enough to anything to have caused this to happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Shoemaker-Levy 9 broke up because it passed deep into the gravity well of Jupiter and tidal forces caused it to disintegrate. The distinctive "string of pearls" was clearly visible.

Elenin has not and will not pass close enough to anything to have caused this to happen.

At least, nothing we can see or know about.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

And at what distance will Elenin pass..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join