It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Thanks for sharing. That's one great thing about being British, no matter how bad things get, we'll always find something to laugh about.

Love the Sooty and Sweep pic

The videos are amusing too. Just goes to show what can be done with video editing and compositing software these days.

edit on 12-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

Here is the facebook page the came from with hundreds more pics

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Aargh not facebook. Had a quick look. Looks like the Daily Mail posted the best ones.

Thanks.
Best way to get back at these rioters is to make fun of them. I bet they are squirming now.

edit on 12-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The average, decent man/woman on the street has 2 enemies.

One is the cockroach type sociopath, who thinks it's good fun to rob, pillage, assault & murder, whilst others queue up to excuse them, with BS about how poverty-stricken the poor little mites are. B*ll*cks to them! They're fed, clothed and generally pandered to by the state, & those who are on benefits don't have to toil their lives away in the rat race to get by.

The more sinister enemy is the entity that hides from our eyes, and utilises the former groups stupidity and ferocity. They're the ones who have manipulated our marionette-like governments, all along. They secretly encourage racism, whilst simultaneously ensuring that many more immigrants than Britain can cope with are crammed together here, competing for jobs and accommodation. Why do you think they did that? They accuse anyone who raises this point, of 'racism', whilst secretly encouraging antagonism between races who neighbour with each here.

They'd have been rubbing their hands together in glee at the prospect of this situation escalating, with thuggish fools of all nationalities attacking and counter attacking each other. Unrest, death & destruction is what they thrive on, & some individuals are thick, & only too happy to oblige. Those 'enemies' predictably play right into the other 'enemy's' hands. Understand that. It gives the latter the opportunity to justify their multitude of privacy-invading CCTV cameras. It delights them to watch people wipe each other out. It gives them the right to introduce more draconian measures to curtail the entire society's liberties, and eventually implement martial law. They pounced on the chance, at the outset, to identify internet forums/Twitter/Facebook etc, as a bad thing, due to their facilitating co-ordination between rioters. They'd love to censor the public's communication.

Lots of supposedly knowledgable people on this thread have joined in the race hatred with ignorant comments and accusations. Shame on you.

However, imo, they've been thwarted every step of the way, and the outcome of something that could havecould climaxed into something much more grim (not to trivialise the injury & damage that has taken place) has instead proved that most people are decent, and unexpectedly, many are NOT so seduced by sitting about watching corrie & football etc. that they won't get off their bums and take action when push comes to shove.

Who put a spanner in the works for the secret controllers?

The people who used the internet forums etc to co-ordinate going out with brooms to clear the carnage. The ones who decided to go out and confront the rioters, if need be, in an effort to prevent further damage. Clearly there were some amongst them who were as vile as the rioters, and were purely looking for a fight. But that doesn't detract from the rest, whose intention was to put a stop to the insanity.

And last, but by no means least, the gentleman with the photograph of his murdered son, who appealed to others (some of whom were already talking angrily about revenge) to live in peace - not to retaliate, but to go home. Bless him for his strength and wisdom.

We defeat them by being better than them.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Has anyone ever wondered why these riots DIDN'T spread to certain areas?

Despite the social deprevation etc that has been ever present for centuries there was no rioting in North East England or Scotland?
These areas have always been hardest hit during any times of economic hardship.

Of course the wise guys will no doubt say it's because there's nothing to loot, however......?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Then those wise guys would be bigger fools then wouldn't they?

Of course there are things to loot. 3 were already arrested for trying to incite violence on Facebook.

Alot have been discussing in Scotland, no riots up there I wonder why, Mind you there is enough of that at the old firm matches at the weekends so their used to it I guess

edit on 12-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As I have said in other threads its just the beginning and things are starting to boil. Yes and football will help fuel the sure to be developing protests! watch this space.........................

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Well rumour has it that a lot of the Old London firms are getting organised just in case it kicks off again. There was rumour of one of the Millwall mobs being out in town on Wednesday night sitting quietly outside their locals watching for trouble... Who knows but if there is any truth to these rumours heaven help these little twerps who are intent of going out wrecking local communities. The old school firms are not to be messed with. Having said that non of the firms really went away, they just went quiet.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Quite a few of the old London mobs were out on Tuesday and Wednesday nights as were some of the Midland crews.

A lot of the old mobs in towns and cities unaffected by the rioting were on stand by just in case.

Apparently there was a noticeable absence of old Manchester mobs out - I wonder why?

Extra policing?

Some suspect the fear of a good kicking was more effective than anything else.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

There wasn't even the slightest suggestion of any rioting here in the North East and nothing serious at all in Scotland.
Both regions have always had poverty issues and are also regarded by the rest of the country etc as quite violent.

So why no trouble at all?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I know that in Wolvo the firm sorted the rioters and looters out, thats why the riots didn't last very long. Some people was telling my dad at his work place about it.

The story went that all the wolves footie hooligans where drinking in their pub, discussing the cancellation of the England Holland friendly, and how they where annoyed by the whole thing because they were meant to have a fight with the dutch after the match.

Then from outside, they saw a load of people running down the street, quote on quote, "Beating any white man/kid in sight, followed by police"

So they decided to go outside and give them all a good hiding.

The police stood back, and picked up the rioters one by one as they where getting knocked out and dropping to the floor. This scared other rioters and then the looting and rioting stopped in wolvo.

Seems very placeable, we all know what the wolvo hooligans are like, just look at the old school wolves west brom derbys.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

More or less what I heard about events in Wolverhampton.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

There is not as much racial tension in Scotland than there is down in England, Freeborn, its more Tribal, than anything else, you just have to look at Glasgow to see this, Its more to do with religion, sectarianism, than racial tensions. But you do know the cuts that are being made down south has not yet been implemented in Scotland, Yes?

Those cuts are still yet to take effect up there. And yes there is "Ghettos" in Scotland just like down in England, but not as much. Maybe they are too busy drinking their buck-fast, to worry about anything else really.

Different cultures maybe.

Will we see a repeat in Scotland That I cannot answer, I know one thing is certain, parents or people in Glasgow would not stand back and allow gangs of rioters attacking their houses that is for sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Now there is justice for you!!!

Well done those Supporters !
A good kick up the backside is what those rioters needed and makes it better the police let them

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What I have read on this thread is a load of boll..ks. I am familiar with some of the orgs mentioned and they wouldnt dream of interfering with public disputes or protest or demos. Why? is obvious!!!

Total mis-information.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Could say the same for your comment actually,. Total bollocks

But your entitled to your view as is everyone else.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

If you think I am joking then you would be confident to say who you are? You care to do so? Or maybe your balls only reside online!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

i think its interesting there was no trouble in Scotland , Wales or N.Ireland. Dont get me wrong all places have their troublemakers and crime but the riots that spread in England didnt spread to other parts of the UK.

I think it shows each region has their own subculture who dont react to events that are specific to another region in the UK. e.g if there were riots in Scotland i doubt they would spread anywhere else if they were initiated by a local event.
edit on 12-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Be patient............more to follow. such discontent doesnt sleep easy!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Probably because in a way they feel cut off from the mainland (the rest of the UK). I lived in Newcastle and it felt like the North East was the forgotten land. It's hard to describe but I hope someone from the North East knows what I mean. aybe it has changed in recent years, I don't know.
edit on 12-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

I'm from Scotland and yes there's a sense of detachment from London especially.

Also we dont have the racial tensions in the background that are present in the south especially London/Birmingham. Mostly white people here.
edit on 12-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join