It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Well we are all gonna die AHHHH. i would find this more entertaining if i wasnt so smarting from my excessive exposure to risk... the thing is everyone knew this was prolly gonna happen but since it is so violent i suppose many people didnt make too many prior arrangements

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not that into superstitions, but this is really weird. Today, the S&P 500 dropped 6.66% and in 2008, the bottom was 666. Weird, isn't it?
edit on 8-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey what should i do?
Ive got 50,000 in cash in a credit union and a bout two kilos of silver coin.
What would be a good move right now?s

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Hey what should i do?
Ive got 50,000 in cash in a credit union and a bout two kilos of silver coin.
What would be a good move right now?s

Watch and wait; buy up some more silver if it drops some more this week.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Do not have a clue as to what advice to give. I don't think anyone does really. This is a brand new game we're in now. The rules have changed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Research the financial status of your credit union. You may want to diversify your savings or keep it spread over a few different banks. You could hang tight and look for investments or perhaps increase your silver holdings. Keep a decent amount of cash on hand and buy dried food stuffs for 3-6mths worth.

Do what your gut tells you. I like to be prepared for as many possible situations as I can.

Just waiting on the Hang Seng to open.

^AORD All Ordinaries 3,842.10 9:10PM EDT Down 214.60 (5.29%) Components, Chart, More
^SSEC Shanghai Composite 2,526.82 9:00PM EDT Down 99.61 (3.79%) Chart, More
^HSI Hang Seng 20,490.57 4:01AM EDT 0.00 (0.00%) Components, Chart, More
^BSESN BSE 30 16,990.18 6:30AM EDT 0.00 (0.00%) Chart, More
^JKSE Jakarta Composite 3,850.27 5:00AM EDT 0.00 (0.00%) Components, Chart, More
^KLSE KLSE Composite 1,448.81 9:15PM EDT Down 48.18 (3.22%) Components, Chart, More
^N225 Nikkei 225 8,730.36 9:10PM EDT Down 367.20 (4.04%) Chart, More
^NZ50 NZSE 50 3,069.08 9:13PM EDT Down 116.37 (3.65%) Components, Chart, More
^STI Straits Times 2,884.00 5:10AM EDT 0.00 (0.00%) Components, Chart, More
^KS11 Seoul Composite 1,765.92 9:10PM EDT Down 103.53 (5.54%) Components, Chart, More
^TWII Taiwan Weighted 7,218.19 9:10PM EDT Down 334.61 (4.43%) Chart, More

DOW Futures down -196

edit on 8-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

Hey. I am not giving you advice, becasue it may be bad advice and I would have my own way of waiting untill I think the timing is right which is really the hard part, BUT it were my money I would cash out my silver. t least hold it and see if the panic continues. Its way too hyped. Along with gold. This is about the best time to sell it in the utmost time of panic.You dont buy silver when people are panicking. Most likely we will recover and silver will come back to earth. If not and we have an economic collapse, Silver probably wont be as useful as you expect and no one will have the purchasing power to pay astronomical prices for it anyways. Once i think we have hit near bottom or signs of support, I would put it into some banking stocks of banks that are stable but still getting the stock price hammered just because its in the whole sector. Wells Fargo is a good one. Citi is fairly ok. Most likely when this rebounds a bit you will make a killing. Thats EXACTLY what I did last time around. Also look into ETF's. Financial ETF's. Get some good bang for your buck but i would hold off until the situation with bank of America is resolved. That one stock alone can bring down the entire ETF. Also my long term stock pick. ZLCS. Ive been trading this stock off and on for about 3 years non stop. I sold out when it was around $3 and now i am getting tempted to get back in. Worth looking at. But only put in as much as you can afford to lose. But its a stock that could easily jump from about $1.35 to $5 in a year. But timing is everything. Get in to early you get taken down with it, Too late you miss out. Luckily your well situated for this. Take advantage of this rather than just trying to survive it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow Australian shares ASX200 continue to slide and are now down over 5 per cent – and that’s just today’s loss.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hang Seng just opened, down over 6.25%!!!!!!!!!

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Oil is dropping like a rock! down about 10% since this afternoon. And Gold is soaring. Silver is not so much. Industrial metals are losing ground like copper and even silver has too many industrial purposes that is holding its price back compared to gold.

As of right now,things aren't pointing towards a good day tomorrow. The bleeding needs to stop.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Okay, I'm not that into superstitions, but this is really weird. Today, the S&P 500 dropped 6.66% and in 2008, the bottom was 666. Weird, isn't it?
edit on 8-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Indeed. I was talking about this earlier today with someone.

In the end, how many of us were heralding the destruction of the economy since at least 2008? Time to take it on the chin, my only hope is this horrible 'system' will go down never to rise again.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

I am not surprised that's why I said all markets will end down 6% or more today and we will be back at or below 2008-2009 levels by the end of the week. I wouldn't be surprised that they halt trading on the Hang Seng within the hour.

Watch the effect China has on Japan and the rest of Asia.. Europe will probably need to halt trading as well when it opens. I admit though this is all speculation and I could be very wrong.

Dow Jones Futures 10458 -283 -3%

Market Pulse Archives

Aug. 8, 2011, 9:42 p.m. EDT
Hong Kong shares plunge to enter bear territory
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 12345lonestar

I think the likelihood that stocks will test the lows of a year ago is quite high. That would be about 9500 DOW, 1000 S&P 500 and 2100 Nasdaq. Could happen this week although the process is likely to take a bit longer.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
kospi down 7%
trading halted

holy moly carage
xp

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
kospi down 7%
trading halted

holy moly carage
xp

Indeed here is the source: www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
From marketwatch.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/783e6193b0b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Asia stocks are really taking a hit, but it is still pretty early. South Korea looks like they suspended some trading for a few minutes.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I don't disagree, I just know they are going to pull the QE3 and stop the decline. Lets face it they wont let it go to hell before the election, they could but I would put that in the realm of 10% possibility.

Ahhh, but if we were to find ourselves in a financial 'state of emergency' would not the president wrest power from congress giving him dictatorial powers during a globally catastrophic event? QE3 will be futile as they cannot lower interest rates below zero (where they're at now). I can't say for sure that the whole financial event is on purpose, but I tend to speculate that it will have a potential of suspending congessional power. Remember all those presidential executive orders that have been signed giving the prezzie the ultimate power after ANY suspected global event?

Back to the OP, I noticed most everything around the planet dropped from 2-10% marketwise. The interesting part is.... it's only Monday.....

Uhm, can you post a link that describes those potus executive orders? You have me confused.....Like Obama is the AntiChrist. LOL. As far as I know, that only applies in time of war, and then the potus can send troops anywhere without congressional approval. Otherwise, that's unconstitutional. Or it seems. Please back that up with more information.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
From a high of $1.10 (AUD vs USD) less than a mere two weeks ago, the Aussie dollar has sunk below parity with the USD! What the??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hang Seng down 7.98% at one point, ASX and Nikkei both down around 5%.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
This thread is a terrible Star-Stickler for me. I have received no love despite seeing others get multiple stars for random comments...No love for me only for one liners and preferred customers...My post to star ratio aside I am saying...

Hang Seng will drop 6+%
Nikkei will drop 6+%

Europe will open in the night and...

FTSE will drop 6+%
DAX will drop 6+%

FTSE Futures: -398.50 -8.18%
DAX Futures: -604 -10.04%
NIKKEI Futures: -163 -2%
Hang Seng Futures: -353

www.bloomberg.com...
www.marketwatch.com...
www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com...

That's what I am thinking. That and I get no love

Oh you are such the little star whore.....So I gave ya one, and if you're good, and keep posting solid speculations, I'll give ya more. EVERYONE, star Remmy so he quits whining! LOL.

Seriously, OT, don't the Asian and European markets close after a 5% drop? I saw they both closed early today....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join