It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1 Billion Bet In July Of US Downgrade Brings Questions Of Insider Information

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Someone close to Soros, the bush family, or someone close to someone at S&P.

Perhaps someone close to the S&P, thats a good guess.

Going to check the news to find the first mention of a possible downgrade.

Be back soon.

and a day later, it would appear that S&P is no angel either !

at least as far as the Italians are concerned !

Italian authorities raid Milan offices of S&P, Moody’s

Italian authorities seized documents from the Milan offices of ratings agencies Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s Investors Service on Thursday. [color=limegreen]The seizure was part of an investigation that the two agencies were allegedly engaged in dubious movements in domestic share prices.

..comment.. Like maybe "insider trading" Hmmm

Carlo Maria Capistro, head of the prosecutor’s office in Trani which led the raid, said the action sought to verify if the two agencies followed Italian regulations in carrying out their business.

S&P and Moody’s said the probe has no basis. The raid is seen as the eurozone government’s way of getting back at ratings agencies, which recently downgraded the credit rating of Greece, Portugal and Ireland.

and the U.S. !

The political angle of the Italian raid becomes apparent since Italy and Spain are said to be on the list of nations due for a downgrade.

The Center for Economics and Business Research, a British think tank, forecast on Thursday that Italy would likely default on its debt, unless Rome registers an unexpected hike in its economic growth.

The center estimated Italy’s debt would reach 150 percent of the country’s yearly output by 2017 from the current 128 percent if the bond yields would be above the present 6 percent and growth remains flat. However, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi told the Parliament on Wednesday that the nation’s economy is strong and its banks are solvent.

The center had a better outlook for Spain, which it said would likely avoid a default, unless Madrid would be dragged by the eurozone debt contagion.

gotta wonder if it's a fix ....
maybe these "governments" just couldn't afford to keep paying off the bribe money !

YES, I say Soros & Co. have their hands in this. He has said in the past that the $US must change.

edit on Aug-07-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Address the issue, not the poster or the source.

How can you deny the reality of the downgrade?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

No doubt Europe is in horrible condition, and they should be downgraded greatly. For that matter AA for the US is a complete joke, we are at best BB and really probably CCC.

If a ratings agency does the same kind of thing with any European country - warn them of an impending downgrade unless they do such and such, and it doesn't happen I would expect the exact same results.

What could S&P possibly have to gain politically by doing this? Nothing - I think the reason they did this is they see the impending worldwide collapse of the economy, and they actually were hoping this little threat might get the US to act responsibly for once. When all the derivatives and BS that is now being traded are banned S&P's profits will take a beating, I actually think this is the companies self interest.

Congress KNEW what they needed to do to avoid the downgrade, they arrogantly thought S&P wouldn't dare, or that it wouldn't matter, but make no mistake they knew all about the warning.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

YES, I say Soros & Co. have their hands in this. He has said in the past that the $US must change.

Yes, well of course we concede that perhaps the U.S. politicians are dense and dont get it, and
all of that. Of course they left us hanging out to dry.

However, as you have proofed up with your sources, its seems it indeed is likely there is
insider trading here, and again, not to beat a dead horse, but there is a lot worse crap out there.

edit on 7-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

No doubt Europe is in horrible condition, and they should be downgraded greatly. For that matter AA for the US is a complete joke, we are at best BB and really probably CCC.

If a ratings agency does the same kind of thing with any European country - warn them of an impending downgrade unless they do such and such, and it doesn't happen I would expect the exact same results.

Yes, exactly. Europe is in horrible condition, and its currency is not even the world reserve currency.

Meh, well the S&P, what do they know, they are the ones who let Fanny and Freddy stand with a
AAA when it was utter B.S.

Congress, well Obama...they played the cards nicely.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
and as we speak,

the Asian and Europe markets are way DOWN!

so are the Dow futures !

LOOK for a big Dow-Drop Monday!

some are predicting a 500 to 1000 point massacre !!!!!

yours truely,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, we all had knowledge of this $1billion bet prior to the downgrade right? I think there was a thread on here and other sources as well. If that was the case, we all could have participated and taken advantage of the heads up. I don’t feel there was any insider trading going on. This downgrade was talked about long before it happened and some people could see the writing on the wall and placed a bet. Good for them. Wish I would have placed mine. Next time someone makes a bet like that I'll be right behind them.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
George Soros Wisdom:
Jan 2011 interview

watch the video and WATCH how phony Soros is acting !

They cut off the video !!!!! WHAT???????

Soros NWO
Did you noticed how uncomfortable Soros was when he was saying the term "New World Order"?

The truth is that he knows exactly what that phrase means. He knows that it is a phrase that he probably shouldn't say and that will get a lot of attention.

But he said it anyway.

Soros also seemed a bit uncomfortable as he discussed "an orderly decline" of the U.S. dollar.

[color=limegreen]Soros has been saying the the U.S. dollar needs to go down for quite a while now, and he speaks of the coming fall of the dollar as if it is inevitable.

The only thing that Soros seems to fear is that the "managed decline" of the dollar could "get out of hand" and could lead to global financial chaos.

Soros even had the gall to say that having the dollar be the reserve currency of the world is not in our national interest and that a move to a global currency is "a healthy, if painful, adjustment" that we are just going to have to endure for the greater good of the world economy.

But shouldn't the American people have something to say about all of this?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

some are predicting a 500 to 1000 point massacre !!!!!

yours truely,

Nice, yep. Sometimes I just dont understand how it is that everyone falls for the typical
line of reasoning that the drive by media puts out there.

Oh, the U.S. might lose its AAA credit rating...

How many times has this been threatened.

Yet this time, it was a politcal stall...

We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy
over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term
progress

www.theatlantic.com...

And I am not so naive to think that this is the fault of the Tea Party, or The Dems or The Repubs,

Yet, if we really want to anylzye this with any integrity, why has the S&P not downgraded Japan?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
wouldnt suprise me if that was true soros is after all known as the man who broke the bank of england.

soros is as crooked as they come and he does indeed want america to fall not for any glorious ideals minds you

he wants money and a whole lot of it.

soros bets agianst the dollar on a daily basis and thats how he makes his billions.

what do you expect from a nazi collaborater.
edit on 8-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Soros also seemed a bit uncomfortable as he discussed "an orderly decline" of the U.S. dollar.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here is Soros last April....

watch how he blinks his eyes and keeps that real stern serious look on his ugly puss !!!!

this guy is "Phoney Personified"

edit on Aug-08-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Xcathdra

Address the issue, not the poster or the source.

How can you deny the reality of the downgrade?

You really need to take a step back and read what I posted.

I did NOT quetion anything. I ASKED if there was a different source covering it because of the track record the examiner has. I didnt deny anything, didnt question anything..

I asked if there was another source.

Please quit jumping to conclusions and making claims and attributing them to me.

wow....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He even goes so far as to say its ill considered of the United States to resist
the IMF Special Drawing Rights...

This back from 2003...

www.independent.co.uk...
"I have heard that both Soros and Buffett are shorting the dollar. There's a growing
belief on Wall Street that the dollar is looking like a one-way bet downwards."

and here, he openly admits it.

he admitted publicly he was betting against the currency. www.guardian.co.uk...

Of course, is he so corrupt would he buy a president that would throw in the
towel on the sovereignty of the U.S? Yes, yes he would.
edit on 8-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

REspectfully you do realize the National Examiner is a tabloid magazine with questionable journalistic intent and ethics who have been called out before for sensationalism in reporting?

Are there any other sources carrying this story by chance?
edit on 7-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I think tomorrow, people will be saying ......

burnthemarkets !!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

News Flash !!

Bank of America: S&P May Downgrade US Again in November

Standard & Poor's may downgrade the long-term credit rating of the U.S. once again in less than three months after sending shockwaves through the bond and stock markets by stripping the nation of its top notch triple-A rating last week, according to an emergency Sunday night conference call for clients of Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

"We do expect further downgrades," said Ethan Harris, North American economist, on the call. "We doubt the newly appointed bipartisan commission will come up with a credible long-term deficit reduction plan. Hence by November or December we would not be surprised to see S&P downgrade the debt again from AA-plus to AA."

[color=limegreen]Harris said that the U.S. should have avoided the downgrade in the first place by meeting S&P's demands of a $4 trillion deficit cut and a "demonstrating a sensible budget process." What they got instead was a "deficit cut of $2.1 trillion and a budget process that's been extremely chaotic," said Harris.

Now you tell us ???

WooooNellie !!!! the U.S. markets haven't opened YET ya dumbies !!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

No doubt, its happening as we speak.

Lots of folks are losing, while someone gained.

I am sure not many have read this news.

While congressional offices were busy studying the report, an official from the rating firm Standard & Poor's quietly called to ask for details of the underlying projections.

Four days later, based in part on that discussion, the rating firm announced a decision to downgrade America's debt—an unprecedented event in U.S. history—a move that is as controversial as it is potentially damaging to financial markets.

The information S&P gathered that day led it to overestimate future deficits by $2 trillion, a fact the Obama administration has called a reckless mistake. That phone call wasn't the reason S&P cut America's debt rating. But it was part of a chain of events, including also a stock-market plunge and an emergency Oval Office meeting, which could have serious and lasting consequences for America's standing in the world, the Obama presidency and the reputation of S&P. online.wsj.com...

On Tuesday, President Barack Obama signed the debt-ceiling deal into law. The next day,
Treasury Department assistant secretary for financial markets Mary Miller and other officials
met with a team of S&P analysts to discuss the agreement.

Treasury officials explained to members of the "credit team" from S&P how the deficit cuts
and future spending reductions would work.

Ms. Miller, a debt-market expert and financial analyst who spent 26 years at T. Rowe Price Group Inc., is a key part of the White House's economic team even though she is relatively unknown outside of the administration. She helped delay a default on the U.S. debt for as long as possible as talks dragged on and was recently nominated for a senior position at Treasury to reflect her rising stature.

Her second-floor office is directly below that of Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, with a view overlooking the White House. online.wsj.com...

So the S&P gathered faulty information from the White House, and set of a chain of events.
edit on 8-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Dynamite find !!!

I think Soros had at least one agent in that meeting too !!

I wonder who it was ?

and I haven't heard anything about "correcting" that pesky "mistake" either !!

*!*&^~~**

Oh well, just another day!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yeah, I wonder who that was?

www.aim.org...

Oh, you know what they say about Soros,

In 1997, the Malaysian Prime Minister accused Soros of doing the same to the Malaysian
currency. In Thailand, Soros was labeled “an economic war criminal [who] sucks the blood from the people.”
www.thenewamerican.com...

Yah, the bloodsucker, thats him. Soros.

So, you think its Soros too?

Well, Ill be....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have a difficult time believing that any one person would take that kind of risk unless they were absolutely positive. That doesn't mean there was any insider information, but it very well could have been. I am more inclined to think that it was some American institution, and that the risk was spread out over many different investors, rather than any one or two people risking that much money. But yes, Soros has sold short in the past, so I wouldn't look past him being involved in some way, as he was probably following and drooling over this situation for a while. If it was him, he may not have needed insider information, but it would have been readily available in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join