It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The madness they keep repeating is that the Met have 30,000 police on staff.

But only a small number are trained to deal with civil disturbance.

Probably as most of the force are CSO's!!!

In the older days, when it kicked off it was all hands to the pumps. doing real policing. Not just trained snatch squads, and para military style policing.

link   

Originally posted by jude11
These punks have gone past the point of protest to mob rule for entertainment.

Legitimate protests are not about looting and destroying small businesses or throwing gas bombs on the passing cars of fellow citizens. I'll bet that most don't even know the real reason for the original uprising but are just seeing an opportunity to smash and grab.

How is stealing a TV or food from a grocery store owned by a small business man justified as fighting the system? It only creates dissension among those that should be standing together and weakens the message along with discrediting the messengers when it comes time to fight the REAL fight.

I'm all for the rally against the elites but not against my neighbor in the same boat.

Idiots.

My beloved friend, all those things are part of a system that is currently being dismantled. It is too late for the storefronts and TV sets. Those who loot and plunder will only find anchors to weigh them down. Yet, let no fault be found in the wild animal who snaps at his abusive trainer.

link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
anarchy in the uk!

These degenerates wouldn't know how to spell anarchy let alone know what it means.

They should have been scooped from the womb and slopped into an abortionists bucket 28 weeks after their absent fathers impregnated their mothers.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Loads of report of LOADS of other city's rioting

WTF

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

Most insurance policys will not cover for riots and acts of terrorisim

link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by TheLastStand

Sad truth is many of the shops that have been ruined have nothing to do with large multinational corporations, it's kids wrecking stuff purely because they can and get free stuff in the process.

Compare this to the Bristol riots earlier in the year where ONLY major players were targeted (police, Tesco, etc.) by politically aware people. It's completely different, just look at the age differences too.

Or is it the Major Corporations sponsoring this, in order to go after small independent shops? Funny that they are going after Ikea's rivals!!

link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

What other cities are those then?

link   
I heard on CNN it has pretty much winded down.

link   
I've been watching this all day and the situation is definately completely out of control and escalating every 10 minutes or so.. I can't see a good end to this.

Hoping rioters see sense and stop destroying innocent peoples lives. Take the riot to parliment if you want to make a point. Problem is that people do not want to make any particular point, it is simply mindless destruction.

If this does not get under control tonight tomorrow is going to be utter annihilation

It's times like this I am glad I live in a small village in a shire, there will be no rioting here, there is only one shop!

Sky news reporting of areas rioting with zero police presence, even a bank being robbed....

CARNAGE.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Fatmandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by Fatmandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

WTF

Where... any links?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Well you heard wrong...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Well you heard wrong...

I figured as much, american media is skirting this story pretty much

link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

WTF

Outside of the trouble in London, I've only heard Birmingham mentioned on the BBC. I was watching SKY news earlier and that was all that they had mentioned as well.

link   

This isn't winding down...It's only going to get worse. Spreading like a virus.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

cnn are allergic to the truth

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I figured as much, american media is skirting this story pretty much

Well it's spread to more areas, some outside of London.
More fires started, more shops looted.... No police about...

This will carry on all night.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is a classic - somebody nicked a computer from one of the shops - stopped at a pedestrian crossing and waited for it to turn green before he crossed the road

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well it finally got to my local high street in Camden.
twitter

Didn't know you were in Camden mate (I'm fond of the place).

Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
very sad that the childrens hospital has been smashed into, and trouble is beginning to stir in Walsall and Bloxwich.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
reply to post by zanoni7

it is a conservative government - what do you expect? They always look after themselves and don't care about the minions, just sit on their high horses and tell everyone off like little children

Sorry to say but Labour is no more in the UK. Their period of govt reflected conservative ieals as much as any tory govt I can remember. Blair/Thatcher - same sh*t different name... and they all look after each other because they're all in it together.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join