It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well the big fire in Croydon apparantly is a family business since 1867!

Now that is a serious loss.

link   
anarchy in the uk!

link   
Listening to the man who owns the furniture store. It was a historic building (built in 1867). Survived the blitz in the 40s and wrecked by idiots in 2011.

Family business destroyed, that will be his 15 staff on the dole. Way to go you bunch of mindless scum.

link   
Birmingham & Leeds

Second

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Wonder if they have insurance and if the business is covered under this type of incident

link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Again these muppets are imploring for parents to find out where their children are. REALLY!! is this what the UK has come to????
Lord of the Flies!!!!!

The guy earlier was saying that people should try and stop them and basically challenge them and when the newsreader questioned what he meant, he said that he meant that they should not congregate and should not spectate and he wasn't saying physically challenge them.... but he was.

The police cannot cope, they haven't got a clue.

link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

And where are the parents of these children, it is time to protect your kids from this government tyranny and set them straight on how to really fight these bastards. March to parliament and take it over. The parents should offer to join in just to get them to do this the right way. SHAME ON THE GENERATION THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS ON MY GENERATION. SHAME ON YOU GEN X'ers SELLING HUMANITY OUT.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Listening to the man who owns the furniture store. It was a historic building (built in 1867). Survived the blitz in the 40s and wrecked by idiots in 2011.

Family business destroyed, that will be his 15 staff on the dole. Way to go you bunch of mindless scum.

I know man, they were choked up.

That was awful.

link   
reply to post by blackcat99

That is the most important point, Covered for this type of incident.

I bet the barsteward insurance companies will try and get out of it.

Just another reason people are "dismayed" in the UK.

link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
anarchy in the uk!

Maybe, but it might take a while to catch on in the Home Counties, not to mention the Shires!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

That was the baby boomers. The Gen X'ers are just getting started.

link   
reply to post by blackcat99

I think you need specific cover for riot damage, unless I am mistaken?
I dont think ordinary policies cover this.

link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by NadaCambia

Sure, I'm pretty sure that in their numbers it would be easy. This isn't a movie. 1 person in reality has little to no chance at all against 4 to 5 people. Particularly if they are armed.

I don't know if you were watching the news earlier and saw how hard a time of it the trained riot police were having with getting past the missiles to even get close to them. In actual fact, I watched them retreat for a solid 5 minutes.

What in gods name is a rugby player going to do? This isn't a sport with a referee. They would get killed out there.

What a load of hogwash. Of course it's different in London where people hide in doors like cowards. That doesn't and wouldn't happen here.

I assure you nobody is coming to where I live and causing trouble. In the Burnley riots the chavs tried it and got beaten to a bloody pulp, running to the police for help.

A couple of kids with rocks, pull yourself together. The Police are struggling because they're restricted in what they can do. Give those cops free reign and they'd destroy the yobs in 30 seconds.

But congratulations anyway, Buzz Killington

link   
In all seriousness this all does show one very big thing, if there was a proper revolution in this country the police/government wouldn't be able to cope - especially as they can't copy with a bunch of youngsters going round looting and setting fire to things

link   
I think the guy saying to tell children to come back was talking about kids that were just 'spectating'.

link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Sad truth is many of the shops that have been ruined have nothing to do with large multinational corporations, it's kids wrecking stuff purely because they can and get free stuff in the process.

Compare this to the Bristol riots earlier in the year where ONLY major players were targeted (police, Tesco, etc.) by politically aware people. It's completely different, just look at the age differences too.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
reply to post by zanoni7

it is a conservative government - what do you expect? They always look after themselves and don't care about the minions, just sit on their high horses and tell everyone off like little children

Yeah, and as we know, Tory govts usually follow Labour govts. And it's more than likely that those responsible for what we see are the product of the Labour education system. If I recall correctly the current govt is cleaning up the economic mess they inherited from Labour. And the last Labour govt was pretty wealthy and corrupt to boot. Having said that, for balance of course, I really don't see why you bring the govt party into this.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well it finally got to my local high street in Camden.
twitter

link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
anarchy in the uk!

Maybe, but it might take a while to catch on in the Home Counties, not to mention the Shires!!

2.bp.blogspot.com...

link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Come down from your pedestal sunshine, it's this type of egotistical attitude that will put you barrel side of the gun when they round up all those who have pilfered and stolen under the guise of 'free market capitalism'. Time is up, just look at your precious stock markets; not worth the hemp paper the BoE prints on.

And, Jesus? Seriously? Your beardy false prophet won't protect you from your own fate any more than you can protect your rich, corrupt pals from theirs. It's pretty obvious who you think you are.

There is no room for corruption in democracy, only this: Demos Kratos: People Power. Violence is all your lot are afraid of, so let it be.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join