It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

Uk does not have water cannons......the nearest is Ireland, that do!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Some people are taking a stand,

Reports of "heroic scenes on Dalston High Street. Turkish families lining streets to oppose riots. What great Londoners"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by blackcat99

Well you have to be safe, Always remember the green cross code! and charlie says always tell your mummy before you go out somewhere!

Charly says... love it! Remember rocking my box off at the Notty Carnival to this one. Video treat for ya:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-8-2011 by zanoni7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
People's homes & livelihoods are getting looted and/or destroyed while their tax dollars go for this:

the below article is a real shocker.........

www.dailymail.co.uk...

while the British health care system is in dire straits and people are dying in unusual numbers in British hospitals daily.......

Cameron and his ilk should step down immediately!
edit on 8-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

link   
Ahhh Sky are saying they cannot get new pics as their remote broadcast truck was attacked!!

link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

EDIT: Im talking about enfield, chingford, brixton....they were NOT reporting that last night until the very early hours. Read the first few pages and you will see me post something along the lines of..."They are reporting on this now"
edit on 8-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Well be more specific then.... JESUS.

You said that THIS wasn't being covered...

How do I know WTF you're on about?

There's been nothing else on the news for 2 days?

:shk:

link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

The army are not a police force,they dont have rubber bullets,just live rounds.

Its the police who have rubber bullets at their disposal for civil dissorder.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That would be tax pounds!, not dollars!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
BBC News reporting that Cameron and Miliband are cutting their holidays short to return to london.

Source is BBC news homepage.

Further violence has broken out between police and groups of young people in Hackney

Fires and violence have also broken out in Lewisham, Peckham, Croydon and Clapham Junction

Shop windows have been smashed and looting has also taken place in Birmingham

Home Secretary Theresa May has condemned the riots as "sheer criminality"

Acting Met Police Commissioner Tim Godwin has said the force will be publishing photos and CCTV footage of those involved

At least 215 people have been arrested and 25 charged so far in relation to the three days of violence

2243: Essex and Bedfordshire Police have issued statements denying rumours of disturbances in their respective counties circulating on social networking sites. Essex Police are describing such rumours as "malicious".
2242: Essex and Suffolk Police have confirmed that they have sent officers to London to assist Metropolitan Police colleagues.
It has understood that each force has sent a Police Support Unit - around 50 officers in total. These are officers specially trained in public order policing and will also include medics.

2238: Daniela Ritorto, a BBC reporter in Clapham Junction, says hundreds of people are walking down St John's Road with armfuls of stolen goods after ransacking department store Debenhams and sports shops in the area.
"The alarms have been going off for about two hours, and I've only seen about five police officers trying to deal with the looting, but this mob doesn't seem to be going anywhere," she told the News Channel.

2228: Phillipa Thomas, BBC News There are still rioters out there across London, but it is in pockets, with youths hanging around in Peckham, Lewisham, Croydon, Hackney and Clapham Junction.

2216: Croydon pub landlord Alan McCabe tells the BBC he is furious about the fires raging in Croydon.

"I have never seen such a disregard for human life. I hope they rot in hell.

"The grief they have caused people, the fear they have put in people's hearts, decent people who have done nothing to anyone."

2215: In Croydon, south London, a bus was set alight as rioters took to the streets.

2214: Iain Watson Political correspondent, BBC News It is unusual for a PM to return from his summer holiday, as there is often a sense that it can deepen a sense of a crisis rather than dispel it. But politicans are quite keen to show there are in some kind of control now.

2207: Mr Clegg has cancelled a planned visit to Cornwall on Tuesday. The deputy prime minister was due to visit Newquay in the morning to take part in a town hall-style debate with local people at a school.

But a Lib Dem spokesman said he would now be remaining in London to attend the meeting of the Cobra emergency committee, chaired by the PM

2201: Norman Smith Chief political correspondent, BBC Radio 4 Number 10 says "Twitter rumours" that the army have been deployed in some areas in response to the rioting "are just rumours".
2200: Police officers have been out in force in riot gear in Hackney.

ETC ETC
Source www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A media blackout won't work. This is going to spiral with all the social media outlets. Do you think these thugs are watching BBC or sky news? Nope, they are communicating with their newly acquired laptops and blackberrys.

link   

Originally posted by nakiel
...so where are the water-cannons, rubber bullets, or riot-control - like those we had in in the good ol' days?

If the police is no where to be seen why doesn't the adult citizens beat the shag out of these rats?
I know for sure - if there was scum looting in my town and the cops didn't do anything to stop it; there would be shed blood!!

You would be filmed on CCTV and face subsequent criminal prosecution for assault. In the eyes of UK law assault to prevent property damage is not an excuse. Stupid but true.

If you disempower the populace and empower the criminal element this is what you get.

You cannot do the right thing because even if you win the fight you will then have to fight the system.

link   
Here's a recent new story from the BBC, I don't know if it's already been posted. I don't fancy searching through 50 pages of text

London riots: Violence erupts for third day

There were also fears trouble may spread further afield as police in riot gear were deployed in Birmingham city centre after scores of youths rampaged through the shopping area, smashing windows and looting from shops.

And here are some before and after pictures

Before and after

link   
reply to post by zanoni7

hahahaha I looked up that exact same video after posted that!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

This is an example why the uk needs imigrants like this as the british people have lost their balls to defend themselves because of loonatic bleeding heart liberals who only come down on the side of th human rights of the criminals and gives the finger,adding insult and mental distress to the injury of the victims.
edit on 8-8-2011 by hrmmm because: gramatical correction

edit on 8-8-2011 by hrmmm because: gramatical correction 2

link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
The sad thing about all off this is that the public are calling for tougher measures including water cannon. Okay, we'll get that but it'll be used against genuine protesters at some point in the future.

They dont have a water cannon !! Guy just speaking on BBC news said they dont have one, then when asked if they will get the army involved he said "That would be way above my financial belt so i can not comment on that"

They seem to be powerless or just usless...

This is totally mad.

As for the childrens hospital thing in Birmingham, well i cant see that they would do that ! Im thinking thats just a rumour to make them look alot worse than they are?

Just my 2p's worth.

link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

EDIT: Im talking about enfield, chingford, brixton....they were NOT reporting that last night until the very early hours. Read the first few pages and you will see me post something along the lines of..."They are reporting on this now"
edit on 8-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Well be more specific then.... JESUS.

You said that THIS wasn't being covered...

How do I know WTF you're on about?

There's been nothing else on the news for 2 days?

:shk:

Haha it does say it in the OP.....Enfield...Brixton.... ( i think) sorry if you misunderstood, it seems i may have not made it clear

link   
New update on Cameron:

2246: Prime Minister David Cameron is due to be flying out of Italy - where he was in the second week of his holiday in Tuscany - at 0300 GMT on Tuesday, Downing Street says.

The source says Mr Cameron had now decided to return because: "The situation has become more serious".

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

OK cool, no worries

link   

Originally posted by asala

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What?

All of this fuss over a police shooting?

Why can't these Brits be more like Americans who cower from the police following something like this, and later vent their frustrations online, in complete anonymity and safety?

Although this was meant to be about the shooting, This behaviour is far beyond that, and this is not protesters but Thugs just getting there tippy toes in on the action,

Im so sad to see my City like this and goodness knows its us tax payers who are going to be paying for all this damage,

I must admit, this whole mess had escaped me, I had no idea how bad it has gotten over there, as I have been more focused on other news.

What this seems to be is thugs and thieves taking advantage of this situation, though, I can't help but wonder if this is a sign of things to come as the 'western' economies continue to decline, along with record growing unemployment rates etc... Not just in the UK, but eventually in the US and elsewhere as well.

The whole thing is like a tub of gasoline waiting for a spark.

Stay safe asala.

link   
reply to post by vesta

..so, then -no firetrucks either; I reckon?

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join