It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

Well you have to be safe, Always remember the green cross code! and charlie says always tell your mummy before you go out somewhere!

link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
This is a classic - somebody nicked a computer from one of the shops - stopped at a pedestrian crossing and waited for it to turn green before he crossed the road

Did he smile at the cameras too to get a good profile shot?

link   
Yeah there's no media blackout. I've seen it on BBC news, Channel 4 news and Channel 5 news so far, so yeah, not really much of a media blackout :/

link   
It's spread to Birmingham city centre and is quickly travelling through to other parts of the town. The media are not reflecting anywhere near enough how serious this actually is. It is literally anarchy. Having to rely on hearsay because the media are not being very specific at all but I've heard of shops being broken into, looted and set on fire all over the centre and apparently the Birmingham bull's head has been sawn off. The whole city centre is on lockdown, the police aren't going to be able to cope if this spreads, and all the more reason for the government to introduce martial law.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Me gets the feeling that the police will be out to maim and injure tonight. No more pussyfooting around. People are gonna feel the wrath of the crown in a very bad way.

link   
Also the childrens hospital is now on lockdown

link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
reply to post by blackcat99

Most insurance policys will not cover for riots and acts of terrorisim

Indeed.....riots are financed by the government...if there is a Riot and your not covered with insurance, the government picks up the bill.

Have you noticed how they keep referring to is as "Civil disobedience"........they wont have to foot the bill if they dont call it a "riot"

link   
Nothing in Essex yet, hopefully the parasites wont spread this far.

Maybe I should arm myself for my commute into london tomorrow?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Theresa May, Boris Johnson & David Cameron all out the country on holidays....I dunno, what are the odds?

link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Loads of report of LOADS of other city's rioting

WTF

Where... any links?

I haven't got any sources but I'm hearing through Facebook that as well as London and Birmingham, it has now spread to Leeds, Leicester and Nottingham via a bb broadcast. I can't confirm that it is accurate though...

link   

Originally posted by stefplz
Yeah there's no media blackout. I've seen it on BBC news, Channel 4 news and Channel 5 news so far, so yeah, not really much of a media blackout :/

YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!

There was nothing on Tv....FACT!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
In all seriousness this all does show one very big thing, if there was a proper revolution in this country the police/government wouldn't be able to cope - especially as they can't copy with a bunch of youngsters going round looting and setting fire to things

No, it doesn't. They are still behaving like british police, trying to contain people/arrest people without excessive force. If it becomes serious enough water cannon, cs gas, rubber bullets and eventually the army will be deployed.

All these idiots are doing is setting the scene nicely for restraints on social media and a less restrictive police policy that will be used against people with a legitimate protest at some point in the future. After this nobody will argue.

My contempt for the people doing this knows no bounds for a number of reasons.

link   
Birmingham Children's Hospital attacked

I have no links everything is moving to fast, but a children's hospital wtf!?

link   
reply to post by DannyboyUK

Essex, that would be suicide!!! no one is that mad!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
One small advantage of living in Basingstoke (otherwise known as Boringstoke) - doubt we will get anything happen here either - although I can hear a police helicopter going over head - probably heading to London

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DannyboyUK
Nothing in Essex yet, hopefully the parasites wont spread this far.

Maybe I should arm myself for my commute into london tomorrow?

Im in Essex.......Romford is in essex, as is Ilford.

IG11.....an RM4....not a London post code.

So yes....its in Essex....my high road had loads of police in it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

OK, now that needs response with excessive force, No quarter given.

link   
Midlands Today reported that the Santander bank on Birmingham's New Street has been looted with the cash machine removed. Also Maplins on Temple street.

Im thankful I wasnt working late tonight as my office is about 200 yards from there.

Reports of Walsall, Wolvo and Chelmsley Wood kicking off...

edit on 8/8/2011 by spolvil because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Have you noticed how they keep referring to is as "Civil disobedience"........

No?

every single news channel and online source is calling this the London Riots.

It's constantly being referred to as Riots.

link   
The sad thing about all off this is that the public are calling for tougher measures including water cannon. Okay, we'll get that but it'll be used against genuine protesters at some point in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join