It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
By far the most popular comment on Sky News live updates was this:

Watch the news and see who are commiting the crimes....95% Blacks out of control and no fear of the law. The only thing law bidders can do is vote BNP to sort this mob out. Liebour and the Tories won't get tough. You know they won't.

Recommend 1,443

Runner up had 984

Is Sky News like a news outlet for the right-wing/far-right in Great Britain? Because if it is not I think this should definitely be something to watch.

Yes. Sky is the furthest right news outlet in the UK. I wouldn't say it's anything to watch, BNP members and trolls have been using situations like this to politic for over a decade.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Drezden
It's hilarious that the arrogant hypocritical generalizers of the UK have to see that their country and citizens are not superior or more civilized than the U.S. Though we knew all along that it was just you projecting your insecurities onto us because it was easy and made you feel better about yourselves and your country. Maybe this will humble you. If I followed your example I would pronounce all British as violent and vicious creatures, but thankfully I know what generalizations are.

It's amazing how self-important you Yanks are.

Nobody is talking about or concerned about you or your country. Go scream for attention somewhere else, child.

England has a long history of debauchery in the world, and a lot of bad karma to make up for. It may be civilized to plunder , murder and force drugs on other nations, but you can take your so called civilization and shove it where the sun don't shine

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterdimensionalWarrior
I don't know why anyone is surprised, the well to do are thumbing their noses at the oppressed masses, time to eat the rich, MATE!
Anarchy in the UK bitches

Oh no... the people of the UK never revolt and do such terrible things as acting out.

LMFAO!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Mayor of London just said in radio interview (BBC Radio 4) that we should have a National Service for the youngster.

Hate to say i told you so, but....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

The western people were never too lazy they were in fact dead.
Read history million sof europeans and americans of working and breeding age were killed or mutilated in war.
For every one war dead you had four wounded.
Many of these wounded couldn't do anything such as physical labour again.
If migration had stopped in the 70s and early 80s when Britain had three million unemployed things may have been ok now , but for some very odd reason even as unemployment soared more and more unskilled migrants made their way to Britain, and now we see the legacy.
They expect a job for life , ,now Britain is poor again, they are frustrated, they now are unemployed like the old Brits of post sixties britain, because all th ejobs are now outsourced to India, China ect ect .
So what is left? a growing unemployed mob.
Islam will expoit this, and then the real terror will start.
Who allowed this?
Treason is an act done by traitors.
They are clever, and pursue the agenda of their real masters.
Divide and conquer.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Last night my youngest son and his friend both 15 yrs old recieved a blackberry announcement things ( sorry not sure if that is the right term as I am not up on all this technology) telling them to meet at the local Mcdonalds as they were gonna all start kicking off there and go on round the town center, luckily my son had his head screwed on and showed me.

I drove down to mcdonalds and grabbed 3 of his school friends who were already there, and took them home the police were already on the scene and had thrown the group of thugs out of mcdonalds by the time I got there.

Now these were not dissafected youth of today, living in poverty ect like everyone including the media are trying to make out, in fact one of the boys I delivered home is from a very well to do family,

Turns out that the kids were being encited to join in and riot by a 20 odd year old man, who has now been arrested.

this time yesterday I was all for water cannons and ruber bullets but after last night I must say I have changed my mind. Not because I dont think they deserve it but because I think that using severe force on them will only cause more outrage, I mean could you imaging the backlash if someones precious little darling got hurt by a rubber bullet?

Disclaimer: that said I still personally would have no problem with rubber bulleting the little scrotes
edit on 10-8-2011 by serendipity59 because: added more

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Mayor of London just said in radio interview (BBC Radio 4) that we should have a National Service for the youngster.

So .. He's searching for the populist vote in a time of crisis , and this the answer ?

National Service for the UK , X years mandatory service learning military skills .. Those new skills in weapons handling , teamwork within a squad and battle tactics , communications , explosives etc. will prove useful in gaining employment in which country ? the UK ? What are the current unemployment figures again.

UK residents that buy into this poorly thought out solution deserve all the problems that will surely follow .

Please , Think carefully and see the stupidity shown in that interview. London burns without teaching the disadvantaged skills that will make things worse in the future.

edit on 10-8-2011 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Is this the same Boris Johnson that once spent a night in police cells for smashing up a restaurant window after a drinking session with the Bullington Club (university yahoo toff soriety). ?

Ironic!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin
This was posted to me on Space book, just about sums it up i guess.

RIP Broken Britain..You went soft on discipline!..You went soft on immigration!You went soft on crime.. Parents were told..'No you can't smack the kids'..Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools..The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear..Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!!

You have pretty much defined Political Correctness there!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by serendipity59
Last night my youngest son and his friend both 15 yrs old recieved a blackberry announcement things ( sorry not sure if that is the right term as I am not up on all this technology) telling them to meet at the local Mcdonalds as they were gonna all start kicking off there and go on round the town center, luckily my son had his head screwed on and showed me.

I drove down to mcdonalds and grabbed 3 of his school friends who were already there, and took them home the police were already on the scene and had thrown the group of thugs out of mcdonalds by the time I got there.

Good for you serendipity59 - This is just what I would have done - one day 2 I had already talked to my teenager (croydon area) and she was grounded and didn't set foot out the door - not even for a little peek. (not that she's that kind of girl, but I wonder how may other parents thought that about their kids and next thing saw them smashing in the window of FootLocker). It took 6 hours before I heard the met commissioner on Tv making the same point.

Friend of hers got caught up in rioting in Croydon and was pushed into Argos being looted - as soon as she could she walked out again and straight home - shaken but unhurt. Made me think where is the morality chip of those other kids - for some the difference between right and wrong kicks in automatically for others their defence (when caught) seems to be 'I just got caught up in the excitement of the moment'.

edit on 10-8-2011 by britchik because: add

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
As for national service for the youths involved, what makes you think the forces would want idiots like that on the front line or wherever putting their lives at risk?
Not only that, you have all seen the destruction these people have caused with sticks and rocks, who in their right mind would give these people weapons, and the training to use them?
Jail is the only place for them, its just a shame the prisons are so comfortable. Hopefully they will all become so full we have to start sending criminals to jails in thailand or somewhere that they would really not want to go.
There is no punishment or authority figure that these idiots are afraid of in this country

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by britchik

I was pretty annoyed at our prime minister last night saying that"Britain " has been gripped by this violence and terror .
Last time I checked it was only happening in England , it hasnt yet happened in Wales , Northern Ireland , or Scotland.

Last night two men were arrested in scotland for trying to incite riots on facebook , one from Glasgow and one from Dundee, they were reported to the police by friends or family on their facebook page!.

Im an not saying hahaah we are better than you England , what I am saying is that the prime minister is an idiot who needs to check his facts first.

Looks as though you were right MgGinty , you did predict this would happen !
lets hope the youth dont bite , In fact lets not have a national service call up , lets just take these idiots and force them to clear landmines from war torn countries for a couple of years. Give them some hard grafting , in the military as political prisoners instead of jail , force them into the military , give them the training and discipline and force them into education then release them dont however give them any kind of weapons or combat training.
edit on 10-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think another problem with the national service thing, even if they did manage to get a few of these idiots off the streets and into one of the forces, the aftercare for british service personel is pretty poor so they would only end up back doing what they know.
The pay isnt good enough to be able to give them the opportunity to get themselves away from whatever area they are currently in, and to be honest the majority of the criminals around the streets are actually better off shoplifting and robbing people than they ever could be working in any sort of job for minimum wage, which is all they could hope for without qualifications and if they already have some sort of criminal record.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think people need to come down and stop some of this crazy talk about these riots.

These riots are following a similar pattern to those in France, in 2005. Trouble like this is hardly unprecedented.

In France, all the trouble started in Paris, with numerous buildings and cars set on fire, widespread vandalism and police coming under attack. It then spread to most other cities and large towns across the country, again with buildings and cars being set on fire, more vandalism and police being attacked.

This rioting lasted for three weeks, with tens of thousands of people running amok.

The figures from those three weeks are quite telling:

Numerous buildings ( including schools, police stations, places of worship ) were petrol-bombed
9,000 cars set alight
2,800 arrests
120 police officers injured

The fact that only 120 police officers were injured over 20 days suggests that they weren't engaging or attempting to stop the thugs too closely.

2,800 arrests out of tens of thousands of trouble-makers also suggests that they weren't able to facilitate too many arrests amongst the carnage and rampaging mobs.

So before you start all of this crazy talk about these riots being orchestrated by mysterious and nebulous agencies, agent provacateurs and police ''letting it happen'', maybe you should explore the more mundane possibilities before you let your imaginations run wild.

The reality is that once you get thousands of people intent on breaking the law and causing mayhem in various parts of cities around a country, then there is very little the police can do, other than operate under a damage limitations procedure.

The trouble-makers always have the advantage over the police, who inevitably end up playing catch-up. Add to this the fact that the means of instant communication are even more prevalent and widely available than they were in 2005, and it's absolutely no surprise that the police are finding it difficult to control such widespread disorder.

It's really not that surprising how things are playing out, and there's no suspicious or nefarious reason for it, other than a large number of criminals, yobbos and taggers-along realising just how easy it is to destroy and steal when things when the numbers and operational planning are hugely in their favour.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I think that after these riots have calmed down (if) then you will see that sentencing these youths will most likely be to the Army!!!

At least there they can vent their anger at an enemy!!

What i think these events could do though is make people see exacty what the cause is.... and i think it comes down to 'the cost of living'.... things need to be put into perspective!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think that after these riots have calmed down (if) then you will see that sentencing these youths will most likely be to the Army!!!

At least there they can vent their anger at an enemy!!

What i think these events could do though is make people see exacty what the cause is.... and i think it comes down to 'the cost of living'.... things need to be put into perspective!!

Would you want the same people that obviously dont care about our country if they are willing to smash it up, out in the forces protecting it?
I wouldnt.....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

1 hour warning. Parents, get your children off the streets. You do it now, or we will be doing it for you. Every unemancipated child picked up will be charged for a porportion of damages in the area. Money will go to charities. Your children will be pressed into service for a term not exceeding a year. Your wages will be deducted for their schooling during this period.

People who resist will be shot.

If we pick up your children, and it turns our your family are not landed recognized immigrants, your family will be deported.

Martial law starts in one hour. Curfew is in effect at 6pm. Flights are being diverted. Roads out of town are being blocked. Communications hubs are locked down.

Get your children under control now. There is no second warning.

Blare this in the news, broadcast it to every phone and cell in the area, turn on the old air raid sirens, and have at'er.

Sounds like Iran, or North Korea, or Germany in the 1st half of the 20th century.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I am still very confused to why riots are going on, but I feel it is impossible for EVERYONE who is or was involved in criminal acts to come to justice as stated here

“We are using tactics flexibly to respond to the disorder we are still seeing in different areas of the capital. Anyone involved in criminality should be under no illusion that we will pursue you. We have been making arrests all evening and have a team working during the night examining CCTV images. We will follow up evidence in the coming days in order to bring anyone else responsible for criminal acts to justice.”

Aren't there thousands of people involved?
edit on 10-8-2011 by AnnihilateThis because: First post, cleaned it up a little.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The people should be defending
their homes and business with guns.

That is the only way from becoming a victim.

They should of done this during the Olympics
to protest the chinese using children below the
age of legal competition.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

1 hour warning. Parents, get your children off the streets. You do it now, or we will be doing it for you. Every unemancipated child picked up will be charged for a porportion of damages in the area. Money will go to charities. Your children will be pressed into service for a term not exceeding a year. Your wages will be deducted for their schooling during this period.

People who resist will be shot.

If we pick up your children, and it turns our your family are not landed recognized immigrants, your family will be deported.

Martial law starts in one hour. Curfew is in effect at 6pm. Flights are being diverted. Roads out of town are being blocked. Communications hubs are locked down.

Get your children under control now. There is no second warning.

Blare this in the news, broadcast it to every phone and cell in the area, turn on the old air raid sirens, and have at'er.

Sounds like Iran, or North Korea, or Germany in the 1st half of the 20th century.

Seriously.

If I lived in the UK and that exact announcement was made, I wouldn't be keeping my child inside, I would be outside WITH them.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join