It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Flyer

It's scary though that the government needs to openly allow vigilantes
yep that means you can legaly beat people in the street IF you don't like the look of em and think thay may be looters

i guess i'll leave the hood of my coat at home for a day or two

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Since it is apparently not ok to suggest using force to combat the rioters in london (though anyone actually remotely educated on the current event would know that the British Government has just advocated shop owners too take up arms proactively), might I suggest instead that we invite them all to a calm, round-table discussion in which they can air their grievances?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

reply to post by Flyer

yep that means you can legaly beat people in the street IF you don't like the look of em and think thay may be looters

Any person who thinks they can legally beat another person in the street on the METs advice should seek legal advice before they pick up that stick ... I guarantee that a Supreme Court Justice will not see it that way all .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

reply to post by Flyer

Any person who thinks they can legally beat another person in the street on the METs advice should seek legal advice before they pick up that stick ... I guarantee that a Supreme Court Justice will not see it that way all .

Could that fall under being deputized for the time being?

I know - approved or not - I would defend my store/home/family if I were over there!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Looks like the fire in Gloucester fire is an old campus and library

www.bbc.co.uk...

0242: Gloucestershire Police say they are dealing with what they called a "gathering" in the Brunswick area of Gloucester.

And a major fire has taken hold at the old Brunswick Road campus of Gloscat (Gloucestershire College of Art and Technology), a large 60s building that has been derelict since the college moved in 2007. It's next to Gloucester library which reports suggest is also on fire.

More from Toxteth

The rioters at the centre of Toxteth confrontations are calm, silent, cheerful even - sporadically throwing missiles at police. The police, however, are clearly very stressed - shouting to one another and barking orders at stray cars and residents. The burning bins, cars and clashes are, from what I can see, in a small area of 7 or 8 residential streets, nr the Granby centre. These streets are littered with bricks, abandoned bikes and burning debris. I've seen noone injured and noone arrested

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Looks like the fire in Gloucester fire is an old campus and library

The rioters at the centre of Toxteth confrontations are calm, silent, cheerful even - sporadically throwing missiles at police.

Please tell me that Missles means something different in England than it does in the United States.

Because, if they are throwing MISSLES....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneYouFearIsRight

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

reply to post by Flyer

Could that fall under being deputized for the time being?

I know - approved or not - I would defend my store/home/family if I were over there!

No it it could not " fall under being deputized for the time being "

Laws exist for a reason and any attempt to circumvent responsiblity for death or injury using as your defense " but the police said it was ok " will be treated with the contempt it deserves in Courts Of Law in the UK .

Changes to any laws of this nature require an act of Parliment , no such changes have been made , no such changes will be made in the foreseeable future .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

I dont think they mean actual military missile, ex-tomahawk missiles.

I think they mean fireworks.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This was posted to me on Space book, just about sums it up i guess.

RIP Broken Britain..You went soft on discipline!..You went soft on immigration!You went soft on crime.. Parents were told..'No you can't smack the kids'..Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools..The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear..Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm just curious how this has lasted three days now, when they're only coming out in the afternoon/evening. It makes NO sense to stop the riots in the morning, let people live their lives, then come back at night and start messing stuff up. Usually riots don't stop until they are forced to, and go on all day/night for days/weeks/months.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Because they have to stop for dinner and play some xbox then it's back to rioting

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Seems there was a brawl in Birmingham between the yobs and a group of Asian youths trying to ward them off. Reports saying three Asians were struck by a vehicle, 2 of whom have now died. Very sad that it's come to this.

birminghamriots2011.tumblr.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's hilarious that the arrogant hypocritical generalizers of the UK have to see that their country and citizens are not superior or more civilized than the U.S. Though we knew all along that it was just you projecting your insecurities onto us because it was easy and made you feel better about yourselves and your country. Maybe this will humble you. If I followed your example I would pronounce all British as violent and vicious creatures, but thankfully I know what generalizations are.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Don't know if this was already posted - Poor guy was just trying to help.

A man who tried to put out a fire that was started by rioters in west London was left with life-threatening injuries after they attacked him.

Detectives are investigating the assault in Ealing, where the victim intervened to extinguish a fire started in a bin in Spring Bridge Road, near to the Arcadia shopping centre, shortly before 11pm on Tuesday nigh.t

Officers managed to reach the man to administer first aid and then had to ensure the safety of paramedics who attended despite coming under fire from projectiles, the police said.

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 9-8-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

really? thats very irresponsable. it would be a fair defence people trust them.

but then again whos going to arrest them? the guys that told them to go ahead and do it

good point ether way

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Heroes are the worst enemies of anarchists. They have aligned themselves to protect the elite and corporations, and against their righteous wrath.

Lovely rheotoric. You should try reading some of it sometime. Very educational.

You know how people say that the more you know, they less you'll hate? Yeah - not always true.

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join