It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I should have never let family guy trick me into thinking England was so peaceful and nice.

LIES.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

Isn't that like the opposite of what we want?

These morons need to get off the streets yeah but i don't think mowing them down with an APC will be the answer.

Good way to lose the public support they have now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

there are fire engines outside a polish street now news is that their gonna say it was fuelled by racism

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLookingGlass
there are fire engines outside a polish street now news is that their gonna say it was fuelled by racism

Whereabouts in Wales is this ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The met have officially advised shop owners to tool up and they dont have to wait to be attacked to use them.

Im amazed in a good way that theyve issued that advice.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

It's scary though that the government needs to openly allow vigilantes

link   

Originally posted by Flyer
The met have officially advised shop owners to tool up and they dont have to wait to be attacked to use them.

I saw that too, the MET suggested you could use any "Weapon in Hand' BEFORE anything takes place... sounds like the MET is encouraging shop owners and vigilantes to attack the rioters to me!

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

south west wales, their just usin whats happened in england as an excuse to start their own personal riots its really sad and pathetic...

link   
Apparently the fire at the council rubbish depot in Tottenham has been extinguished already. It must have appeared worse than it actually was.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Flyer

It's scary though that the government needs to openly allow vigilantes

Its not really that, 2 people were charged with murder for killing armed robbers in their own house.

People arent scared of the chavs, theyre scared of being banged up for beating the crap out of the chavs.

The chavs now know its open season on them, they will disappear very quickly now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

ah it's like that over here too, you kick the crap out of a burglar and get tossed into jail urself.

Nice not to have that to worry about

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLookingGlass
south west wales, their just usin whats happened in england as an excuse to start their own personal riots its really sad and pathetic...

Yeah, that was always the danger. I know that some of those parts of Wales are a bit run-down after the closing of the coal-mines, but they're still not the sort of area where you'd expect to see any trouble breaking out in normal circumstances.

Clearly just more mindless yobbos jumping on the bandwagon and wanting to cause destruction for the fun of it.

Watch out and stay safe.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I lost my connection to the BBC news video player for some reason? Here's the latest ive found on Sky news.

Riots And Looting In Manchester And Midlands

A firearm has reportedly been discharged at a police officer in Birmingham after rioting and looting spread to Manchester, Salford, Liverpool and the Midlands.

I believe they are still searching for the shooters

"No evidence" Mark Duggan fired at police before his death.

Met Police considers issuing officers with plastic bullets (baton rounds).

ETA - Got BBC on my computer back up. www.bbc.co.uk...

0142: Merseyside Police say there have been 35 arrests so far related to disorder in Liverpool and the Wirral.

Two fire engines and a fire officer's car have been damaged by youths in Lawrence Road, in south Liverpool. The officers were dealing with a number of burning cars at the time.

0143: A number of the police cordons that were in place around Manchester have now been lifted and the city centre is being opened again.

edit on 9-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Aha !

With this good news, I expect there will be plenty of people queueing up to be ''shop owners'' for the day.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

All you see is "youths"

Read somewhere they picked up some 16 year old kid in relation to all this.

16!!

Can't they just go back to their Xbox?

Don't they have a Bejeweled highscore to break on their smartphones?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The chavs now know its open season on them, they will disappear very quickly now.

That's the problem. I fear you are correct.

The chavs and other assorted riff-raff are cowards. Notice how they came crawling out of the woodwork and got emboldened only when they realised that they outnumbered the police and everyone else ?

I've not once seen these little oiks go toe-to-toe with the police or any group who they don't overwhelmingly outnumber. All they do when they are challenged is leg it down the street !

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
A few more updates from BBC

www.bbc.co.uk...

0158: This image of a burnt BBC radio car that was destroyed in Manchester was sent in by reporter Nick Garnett.

(picture at the BBC site, its basically a burnt, over-turned car)

Unrest has possibly spread to Gloucester

0155: Our Bristol newsroom says a large fire has broken out in Gloucester. Eight fire engines are attending the blaze on Brunswick Road.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join