It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who knew there was a 13th sign of the zodiac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ophiuchus is one of thirteen constellations that cross the ecliptic It has therefore been called the '13th sign of the zodiac'. However, this confuses sign with constellation. The signs of the zodiac are a twelve-fold division of the ecliptic, so that each sign spans 30° of celestial longitude, approximately the distance the Sun travels in a month, and (in the Western tradition) are aligned with the seasons so that the March equinox falls on the boundary between Aries and Pisces. Constellations, on the other hand, are unequal in size and are based on the positions of the stars. The constellations of the zodiac have only a loose association with the signs of the zodiac, and do not in general coincide with them. In Western astrology the constellation of Aquarius, for example, largely corresponds to the sign of Pisces. Similarly, the constellation of Ophiuchus occupies most of the sign of Sagittarius.

The constellation, Ophiuchus, has been known since ancient times, and is better known as Serpentarius, the Serpent Holder. It is included in the list of 48 constellations described by Ptolemy. Ophiuchus is depicted as a man handling a serpent; his body dividing the large snake into two parts, giving way to the symbol used today as an Asclepius - the medical staff. Astrologers have not included Ophiuchus in the wheel of Astrological signs because the Sun spends only about nineteen days in this 13th sign of the Mazzaroth. Not that there wasn't a 13th sign in the Heavens, but as far as Astrologers were concerned, the Sun traveled from the constellation 'Scorpius' and then proceeded directly into the sign of Sagittarius. In reality, this was not the case. The Sun, for 19 days of the year, travels through the star constellation 'Ophiuchus' before entering Sagittarius from Scorpius - see chart below. thus The sign of Ophiuchus is patterned after the original 'Serpent Holder', Enki, a Sumerian god.

the-red-thread.net...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is old news

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

didnt they just have to bring him back because of some orbital shift that through all zodiac signs out of line, so they need that one now

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ah, no never heard of it.Hmmmm a perfect 13 x 28 day months in a year.In balance with nature and the lunar cycle.Crazy talk.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by sakoy

didnt they just have to bring him back because of some orbital shift that through all zodiac signs out of line, so they need that one now

This sounds funny....but do you think there is an "astrological conspiracy". We go our whole lives basing all of our horoscopes on the 12 Zodiacs and then BAM, out of the blue....oh there are actually thirteen. Seems a little fishy to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

Awesome thread baby

Just read through all the info on it and although I am a scorpio, there are SOOOO many characteristics that relate to me under the 13th sign !!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

reply to post by sakoy

This sounds funny....but do you think there is an "astrological conspiracy". We go our whole lives basing all of our horoscopes on the 12 Zodiacs and then BAM, out of the blue....oh there are actually thirteen. Seems a little fishy to me.

There have always been 13 zodiac signs. It depends on which version of astrology you go by.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

i dont know, but it makes sense why those newspapper horescopes were never right for me, i was reading leo, when im now supposed to be a cancer. Maybe thats it they lied to us for years so we never got the right lotto numbers, and just recently someone slipped the truth out

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

reply to post by sakoy

There have always been 13 zodiac signs. It depends on which version of astrology you go by.

EXACTLY!!! That is the conspiracy, imo. There have always been 13 but every single newspaper and every magazine I've seen, and the little scrolls you used to buy at 7-11 go by the 12 sign zodiac. Effectively hiding the possibly "true" zodiac from us commoners. You might have known, but nobody I know knew about this until Feb (approx.) when it was in the news and everywhere else... Could be nothing, but... I smell a rotten egg.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I had read somewhere that the "gospel" was written in the stars. The zodiac represented christ in some way, the symbolism. This is why there were 12 disciples and each one of them had a unique personality which is why they were specifically chosen. Interestingly enough, there was a 13th disciple, Judas, who was replaced after committed suicide. Perhaps there is a correlation of why its been kept mystery for so long

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
I had read somewhere that the "gospel" was written in the stars. The zodiac represented christ in some way, the symbolism. This is why there were 12 disciples and each one of them had a unique personality which is why they were specifically chosen. Interestingly enough, there was a 13th disciple, Judas, who was replaced after committed suicide. Perhaps there is a correlation of why its been kept mystery for so long

No,it is the original 12.Plus Christ being the 13th.Any wonder the 13th has been suppressed????

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i always believed their was 13 based on Aracne being number 13.

does that mean there is actually 14?

from external source

As is so often the case, it was an innocent question from a new student in one of my beginners classes which prompted me to answer the old question…Is there actually a 13th Zodiac Sign? Well says Maggie teacher there are two possibilities on this - one is known as Arachne the Spider. This arises from the Druidic calendar containing 13 signs, where Arachne is contained between Taurus and Gemini. In this tradition the Sun enters Arachne on May 16th and leaves it on June 13th. It is said to be the sign of the “Psychic”. If you would like to know more the little book “The Thirteenth Zodiac The Sign of Arachne” by James Vogh Mayflower Books 1979 is most fascinating.

to external source

link

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

That's funny! Well, I used to be a Saggitarius, but now I'm an Ophiuchus. The serpent, the healer. I guess I now have the new improved sign. Hey, it's Jesus' sign too! Anyway, yes an obvious conspiracy surrounds this and the number 13. Why have TPTB pounded it in our heads that the number 13 is bad. Friday the 13th, no 13th floor in hotels...what is up with all that BS! I'll probably get some flack for this, but it reminds me of how they took the ancient symbol for the sun and the Sun God (King) and turned it into the swatiska...that will forever hold a bad connotation in the minds of human kind. Just another smoke and mirrors, illusionary trick to keep Johnny Q. Public far away from the truth.

Well as I sit in all my Ophiuchus glory, I send you peace and love!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Where is LeoVirgo when you need her?

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join