It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
I guess it's easy for people to blame everything on the government. People need to start taking responsibility for there action.

People also need to take responsibility for their non-action, which is what is allowing the global criminal mafia to wreck every aspect of our lives.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC breaking news ticker has just said:

BREAKING NEWS:
Police in north London called to an outbreak of trouble in Enfield town centre

Will there be more unrest tonight?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

If that IS the truth.

My point is that there have been so many miscarriages of justice and the police have been seen so many times recently to be out to cover each others arse that they will not be believed.
The police have created a situation now whereby they are regarded as dirty filthy lying f*cking scum and nothing they say will be believed.
This in itself is a massive problem, all trust between the police and the people they supposedly protect, has gone.
173 people died in the custody of the metropolitan police alone in the last ten years (figure from 2000-2010).
Have a guess at how many police in that time were found guilty of "manslaughter" or "Murder" of those in their custody?.

The death of smiley culture a dj and reggae performer is still on the minds of londoners.
Smiley died whilst in police custody during a raid for drugs on his home.
He allegedly stabbed himself in the chest with an 8inch kitchen knife whilst alone making a cup of tea.

Everybody who has had any interaction with the police knows this cannot be true, whilst under arrest and your house is being searched there is an officer with you at all times, you are handcuffed for police protection.
They also do not want you disposing of any evidence, this is why your movements are watched and controlled during drug busts.
They wont even let you use the toilet.

This is one of the reasons why no one trusts the police.
They LIE all the time, it seems at the moment there is an endemic mindset of "Do whatever you want to and don't worry about the consequences".
The command level might get off on the fact that people are being arrested, killed, abused in custody and be prepared to turn a blind eye to it, even help to ensure that their boys are going to be ok whenever the # hits the fan and it needs more than the usual blow over to clear the stench of # from the reports.
Especially if the detection rate is increasing by fair means or foul, who cares on paper it's making them look like professionals and promotions and bonuses go along with that, also the Home Office will be pleased with the better performance.

The police have lost the trust of the people maybe not entirely yet but a complete breakdown of trust between us and them isnt far away, it can be seen in many facets of society, the world over.
I also think that it is now too late for the police to begin to remedy the situation, they have committed one too many killings in custody, or during police contact, they try and make it as though their # doesn't smell and that everything they do is Lawful and in no way criminal.
People see it for what it is, and, like i said earlier the locals on the street will know the truth, maybe we have reached a watershed in terms of society whereby even a Lawful killing of one of its own will invoke an angry backlash from the rest of the community.
Maybe people are not prepared to take it any more, who can blame them?.
edit on 7-8-2011 by The X because: spelming mistxes

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Eh? Living in London here, and had no idea this was going on at all!

Well, I have been sleeping all day. Better check the news.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Stupid kids...

"There is Twitter conversations that people are being asked to meet again down in Tottenham so we are all concerned but clearly we will be much better prepared this evening," Richard Barnes, London's Deputy Mayor, told BBC TV.

Isn't it obvious Social Media is nothing more than a tool used by Government to spy on us? .. Planning a riot on a feed the government watches? Tards.

But my thoughts on it anyways...

This is the FIRST riot in Europe attributed to police/government brutality and the economic hardships of the current depression. Other riots have broken out over austerity or protest over certain legislation (like raising tuition). I think this riot highlights the suppressed anger and frustration people feel towards a Government that doesn't just not care, but is increasingly violent towards her people.

Peacefully protesting and writting letters to government officials doesn't seem to get their attention, apparently this does.

Also: This is from a man at the riot and no truer words have ever been spoken, Government should be prepared for the next few years..........

"We know we have been victimised by this government, we know we are being neglected by the government," said another middle-aged man who declined to give his name. "How can you make one million youths unemployed and expect us to sit down?"
edit on 8/7/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JammyQ
post removed by staff

Grow up & learn to pay for things yourself. If that was sarcasm then apologies if not, then read first sentence.

Anyone looking for updates on enfield town situation there is usually live updates on this forum

forums.digitalspy.co.uk...

Right now, I just drove up there and it is a warzone, up to 300+ 'Youths' with around 150 riot police. Police sitting on their arses doing nothing whilst they simply smash the place up.

HMV has had it's front window put in, cars smashed, and apparently more 'Youths' on the way from Tottenham.

(Source: I live in Enfield and it's a nice area but it's next to that #hole Tottenham.)
edit on Sun Aug 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So yet another thread that could just have been place for facts and live info is derailed by the "you're racist", "no I'm not" crap. Would have been good just to have a thread detailing the facts of the incident.

The same people here, time and time again, whether it's black people, muslims, right wing....the threads always take the same route and it's getting a little boring.

As for the 16 year old girl being a catalyst for yesterday, I just read a tweet from a BBC journo claiming that this afternoon some 16 year old girls have been bricking windows etc. As much as I distrust the police sometimes I am pretty confident that they would only act to protect themselves when faced with a 16 year old girl. Age and sex does not preclude someone from being violent or abusive. Perhaps, unlike the mob, we should just wait for the real facts to emerge.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV

Grow up & learn to pay for things yourself. If that was sarcasm then apologies if not, then read first sentence.

It was sarcasm, just trying to add a little light relief. Sorry to offend!

Anyways back on topic, I'm still trying to find out what's going on in Enfield at the moment will be back to edit if I find anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

My point is that there have been so many miscarriages of justice and the police have been seen so many times recently to be out to cover each others arse that they will not be believed.

And that is justification for destroying peoples homes and businesses?

Sorry, but these scum need to be shot. There is NO justification for their actions. They are evil scum and I will happily pull the trigger.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

i agree with what you say about getting the facts of the situation, i posted this to the BBC

pity you cannot provide a fair and balanced view of the social issues behind the loss of respect for the police.
Im sure every single member of the bbc loves having the big red white and blue helmet firmly ensconced in your collective ass so firmly you cannot even begin to think about the real issues affecting the people of the uk, but only how those issues affect government. you sicken me.

Regard this a fee payer feedback please.

The BBC always propagandises it's content, it's always how the police want the event portrayed and not the facts or the facts behind the story. they have no journalistic integrity, which in truth in the hands of the right person is very good at getting to the true facts of a situation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Looks like there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

The bullet found in the radio is apparantly police issue

guardian.co.uk

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
This is standard leftist ideology!- and is what underpins the whole media reporting of incidents like this - very revealing that you seem to have absolutely no idea of the foundations thatl your recieved liberal views are actually based on - that is the very definition of a 'usefull idiot'
edit on 7-8-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: spell

Okay. And all Capitalists are racists who want to eat 3rd world babies

Your claims are ridiculous. I know of nobody who thinks racism against whites is impossible, and I know many 'leftists'. Certainly I have never come across such rubbish in the media.

I guess exaggerating your opposites opinions to ridiculous levels is all you have. Wouldn't want to venture into reality because your ridiculous bigotry would fall apart.

Or maybe I didn't get the leftist memo
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Then why dont you go and do exactly that, right now? Let's see how long you'd last.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
just noticed a few people on twitter referring to the guardians recent tweet claiming that ballistic tests are showing that the round/bullet lodged in the radio was police issue.

Here is what it says..."7.35pm: Initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio when Mark Duggan died on Thursday night show it was a police issue bullet, the Guardian understands."

Here is the link: www.guardian.co.uk...-44

it seems to be cutting off end of flink so here it is to copy&paste:

www.guardian.co.uk...-44

Its a live feed so i think it may disapear soon, i will search for anything else relevant to this
edit on 7/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

perfect example of the media protraying what the government or police wants. the only picture they showed on the guy that got shot was a picture of him making a gun sign with his hand!
They say he wouldnt have been involved in any gun crimes, yet the news portray him already as a gun criminal

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by The X

perfect example of the media protraying what the government or police wants. the only picture they showed on the guy that got shot was a picture of him making a gun sign with his hand!
They say he wouldnt have been involved in any gun crimes, yet the news portray him already as a gun criminal

Mark Duggan WAS a gun criminal,

Get over it.

Stop living in denial.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join