It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

There is only one side of this coin. There is no justification whatsoever for destroying my shop or my mother's house*.

The time is coming when we will rise up and yes, to protect my home, my business, I will kill.

And anyone who even thinks of condoning these scumbag orcs had better watch out. Because some of us are getting to the end of our tether.

* hypothetically speaking - I don't live in the east end

hypothetically speaking ,who would you "KILL" if your shop,or mothers home would be destroyed by mother nature ?????? Sorry,sounds to me you have an "itch" to kill........ The rioters are using this "situation to "loot" and "burn"........................ Different situations,obvious human results....................BTW,what do you mean by "we"? Is there many in Britain that share your similar view? Some that are waiting for any provocation to "kill" ? You seem to share similar attributes with those who are burning down Tottenham. They are using the man who was killed as their spark,you are using the rioters action ,as your spark.........................Stay safe.........................regardless.
edit on 7-8-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by MissConstrood
reply to post by McGinty

Sky news have shown live coverage all night...probs got there before the beeb.

What happened was Sky and the BBC were filming people causing trouble very close up. They must have clocked on and then they either destroyed the cameras or destroyed the satellites. I saw on the BBC the camera men being confronted by a group of yobs

Indeed, this may be the case.

However, the BBC manage to film in much more dangerous, and remote, locations without losing the cams, so they must have back up plans for such an occasion, yet these weren't used here.

Are we to believe that riots through the night can't be captured by the BBC, whose HQ are just a few miles down the road. In the most CCTV covered city in the world they can't get hold of anything better than what appeal to be blurred, obscure camera-phone still pictures ?

That doesn't quite sit right....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Has anyone here defended peoples shops and houses being set on fire?

I don't recall anyone saying that. Though you've alluded to such statements several times

How often have you condenned such actions?

Not once.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
As I said - the very definition of a usefull idiot! - this is the philosophical underpinning of all your recievd liberal opinions.

Thus one can hold to race prejudice - defined as antipathy towards members of a racial group based on that groups racial identify - without being a racist for the simple fact that not all groups have the same access to power. If I am a member of a racial group that does not control the dominant social institutions - that is, I do not enjoy structural power - and that is disadvantaged by the workings of prevailing social relations, then I cannot translate my race prejudice into racism. So saying that a black man is racist because he holds bigoted attitudes concerning white people depends on a faulty definition of racism.

wwsword.blogspot.com...

My Grandad has a blogspot website. You could write anything in there. I didn't doubt there are racists who believe such. I said nobody on here has expressed such beliefs so it's pointless mentioning them as if to imply left wingers here believe that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Tonight I am not sat right beside my supervisor, so if it kicks off again near any of the CCTV I can view I shall get some pics on my phone

Mind you I finish in just over an hour so they must hurry!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The police cant hold back the tide, they wouldn't have to if they were professionals that treated everyone the same way, if they put personal rights above those personal rights of those with lots of property.
This is what the police force has become, they say themselves there is an us and them mentality on the streets, and there is, bad apples spoiling the barrel comes to mind.
The police do some very good work, they also are their own worst enemy, they say respect is a two way street.
As for mugging a granny for a tenner, you don't live in the real world do you, if you done something like that you would be served very swift justice, no self respecting criminal likes child molesters or people that prey on old people.
In fact the only people who have to worry about themselves in an outlaw society are those that run to the police all the time, informers, pedophiles. rapists, and people that commit offences against disabled or old people, these are cultural no no's.
so maybe i could understand your sentiments of wanting to help them. the police that is, if you told me more about yourself.
Would i help the police? well i have in the past, i had someone convicted of rape when i was 15 by giving evidence against them, i got beat up when he got out of prison, but i let that go, no point in running to the police over someone settling a score.

Im a sort of inbetweener myself, i have no trouble mixing with hardened criminals, in fact im quite liked by the ones i know, but im not a criminal, i have a good understanding of the "street" and its counter culture, i have more to fear from the police than i do the threat of a lawless society to be honest.

As soon as a criminal thinks that you are in any way like them they treat you like them, you don't want that, if they can see you are not a pushover but yet different, your ok in their eyes.

In fact this is true of most people, as for theft and muggings, these are linked to poverty levels and the price of drugs and these types of crime are directly proportional to the amount of strung out heroin addicts in the neighbourhood. if they knocked the door and asked you to help them would you?. or would you say, go on fu**off you dirty junkie, well as soon as he has ten quid in his pocket hes going to score and wont take any more risk than he has too, he doesn't want to be strung out rattling in a prison cell.
I gave someone ten quid a couple of days ago because i could see they had more problems than they could cope with, be nice, the guy although not a stranger to me, at the same time not a friend, said "none of my friends would do this for me", spread the love, it doesn't hurt and who knows when something like that comes back in some unexpected way.
Someone just doing "Their job" is far more dangerous to me, if they carry a gun, than say spending a night drinking with a schizophrenic with a penchant for knives.(i have done this and it is a very worrying experience).
Both are dangerous, but the guy just doing his "Job" will always worry me more.
Because unlike the schizophrenic i can reason with,(come on do some more (tequila) slammers, put the knife down, what are you a lightweight?) the guy under orders or just doing his job might not be very proffessional and is after all acting under orders.
I joked everytime i saw that guy again saying if i have a bottle of tequila your not going to pull a knife on me are you, to defend yourself, he thought that was funny.
( google st mathews estate leicester).

You fear what you do not understand, there is fear on both sides this fear escalates in situations like this and then on the police side fear is escalated by the people rioting.
spread the love, i try too, i think thats why i have no trouble with people, i cannot spread the love onto a uniform though, it is difficult to break through the programming and conditioning and reach people in uniform, it's their "Training" that makes them what they are and the government needs it like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Guardian is reporting that initial tests on bullet removed from police radio show it to be police issue.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

But it also allows anyone in the vicinity with a beef against the police or who fancies a bit of looting to congregate very quickly,

Well, yes ...

At least it gives the police a bit of a heads up.

Which is why it's a double edged sword for them, haha. Yeah, they can get together quicker, but it also means the police will be right there to meet them. It's amusing.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

The uk cut backs wont help in any deprived areas ...so we will see more riots in london,manchester,birmingham,because these people have nothing no prospects.Uprising was mentioned so now cops will be watching social network sites...trouble ahead...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sky news reporting riots in Enfield now!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

There is only one side of this coin. There is no justification whatsoever for destroying my shop or my mother's house*.

The time is coming when we will rise up and yes, to protect my home, my business, I will kill.

And anyone who even thinks of condoning these scumbag orcs had better watch out. Because some of us are getting to the end of our tether.

hypothetically speaking ,who would you "KILL" if your shop,or mothers home would be destroyed by mother nature ??????

I'm talking about rioters whio have no regard for person or property. Where does mother nature come in to it???????

Sorry,sounds to me you have an "itch" to kill........

I have a great anger against those determined to destroy my way of life and determined to ruin the lives of my compatriots. Is that wrong?

BTW,what do you mean by "we"? Is there many in Britain that share your similar view?

Most. Though few post on sites like ATS.

People want to destroy our way of life, have no regard for us, and you question why we would want to fight back??????

Fortunately these incidents will not in the end amount to much. But it still makes me angry. And even angrier that peple object to my anger.

Maybe next time it'll be your car overturned and your business burnt down? And maybe next time I won't care?

What then?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have seen masses of hooded youths around my CCTV in the A10 area near Enfield, also 3 police riot vans just sped past too, looks like it's going to get interesting there tonight! Shame I have no converage within Enfield town :S

On a plus note, for the first time ever I'm glad I live in Watford, I'll be heading home in the opposite direction

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Thankfully I live out in the country, in a town where we can still leave our doors unlocked at night (and even in the day) and where serious crime is a kid kicking a ball against a neighbour's car.

What's happening in the east end is not representative of England as a whole!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
On the RMN forum, a poster has said that the situation in Tottenham started because 'impromptu checkpoints' were set up and a taxi was searched.

Here's the link to the post:

www.rumormillnews.com...

snip

London experienced one of the worst riots in its history--yesterday. It began after impromptu CHECK points stopped a cab. The rider protested the stop and the police shot him. A peaceful protest held within days was greeted by phalanxes of police officers on London streets. The pushing and shoving and "show of force" escalated to Molatov cocktails and violence.

WTF? If this is true, what right do the police have to set up impromptu check points. I haven't yet been able to confirm that this is true - has anyone else heard about these check points?

This police 'show of force' is being seen all over Europe, and all over the world.

The Spanish have been protesting about exactly this, and the riot police all now wear the same NWO black gear, no matter which country you're in.

I hope, I sincerely hope that they don't push people into a position where they feel that violence is their only option.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by MissConstrood

He was probably cheering the police on, hoping they would spill some "immigrant" blood.

Those rioters were probably as british as the rest of us.

probably... probably...

"deny ignorance"!!!

I live in North London, close to the areas where it's all kicking off. Your kind of prejudiced speculation speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

hypothetically speaking ,who would you "KILL" if your shop,or mothers home would be destroyed by mother nature ??????

I'm talking about rioters whio have no regard for person or property. Where does mother nature come in to it???????

Sorry,sounds to me you have an "itch" to kill........

I have a great anger against those determined to destroy my way of life and determined to ruin the lives of my compatriots. Is that wrong?

BTW,what do you mean by "we"? Is there many in Britain that share your similar view?

Most. Though few post on sites like ATS.

People want to destroy our way of life, have no regard for us, and you question why we would want to fight back??????

Fortunately these incidents will not in the end amount to much. But it still makes me angry. And even angrier that peple object to my anger.

Maybe next time it'll be your car overturned and your business burnt down? And maybe next time I won't care?

What then?

Those who want to destroy our way of life are the Criminals who have taken control of our government and institutons.

We need to stay focused on the cause of the problems and not the symptoms. Abolish the bank of England's right to print our currency, get the corrupt government and institutions under control, restore a proper judicial system and replace corporate pollce brutality with peace-keepers.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Essan I'm not sure what you mean that 'these people' want to destroy 'your way of life'. Could you explain?
Whilst I don't support violence on the streets, neither do I support the police abusing their powers. It doesn't seem to bother you very much.

And with respect weren't you the one talking about wanting to kill all those people in the streets dead personally, rather than prosecuting them?

I think that violence breeds violence and kneejerk, bloodthirsty attitudes combined with blind belief in the police or TPTB is just as bad as anything going on in the streets at the moment.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I understand your anger,albeit I dont understand the means to the end. I think violence on violence doesnt work.Those that are in POWER should be help to a higher standard,and held to a higher accountability. I say this because just one mistake,and it brings out those who don't have morals and principles,and who think its alright to destroy,the things ones worked hard to build. Those are the rioters,who are selfish,and are willing to do harm...That I understand. Now if its protection,in ones home,I understand that also. But remember,killing is final.You cannot take it back. It just surprised me how final you were with the word. I always found you, brilliant in your posts,I was just taken aback by what you wrote,and had to give you a hypothetical........

BTW,Star for your honesty.
edit on 7-8-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
From twitter
Rioting and looting have broke out in Brixton, Finchley too.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
These are just lazy doll scrounging parasites protesting against the death of some scumbag.
In the UK police dont shoot people for no reason.

On the news this morning many residential properties and businesses have either been burnt down or looted on an unpresidented scale. These parasites dont know anything about community, they are destroying their own neighbours livelihoods. In a few years time they will probably moan because there are no jobs or opportunities in their area.

Rant over

charles de menzes got shot on the tube, and the police dont shoot for no reason!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join