It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The blatant destruction of property is just absolutely disgraceful. It's a damn shame the police didn't shoot the lot of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sicul2012

That article is racist and biased, and its taken its image from the Daily Mail, which says it all I think.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Probably not as the bus'd-in anarchists all have to go back to their office jobs in the morning, and the looters will be too busy posting their ill-gotten gains on ebay

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

So you are saying if you were in a similar situation, you would do things entirely different? Typical British ignorance and hypocrisy. The police are animals and the right thing was done, albeit for the wrong reasons. Who gives a damn about property at the end of the day, buildings can be rebuilt. They are insured. And if you want to go down that road, what about all the buildings, homes, lives, all around the world, that have been destroyed by British soldiers and bombs, for corporate interests? A lot of immigrants in this country are victims of that damage. Then when the imimgrants arrive here for a better life and to escape persecution, they are treated badly by ignorant bigots who think they are god's gift to this earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I guess it's easy for people to blame everything on the government. People need to start taking responsibility for there action.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I would never put myself in a similar position, because I'm not a stupid moron and there's nothing like blowing things out of perspective, as nothing you say is even remotely true. You're so caught up in your own hatred, you can't even see the real truth. Stop trying to make out that these thugs actually stand for something. They are complete idiots who are in servitude to nobody but themselves. Any conscious human being knows that two wrongs don't make a right. My life is no bed of roses and yet I would never behave like this, simply because I have strong morals and ethics and a conscience. Since when has violence ever solved anything.

What evidence do you have that these people are immigrants and even if they are, it doesn't give them the right to go on the rampage and turn our streets into a warzone. Shame on you for implying that it's ok for people to burn down people's property and their cars.
You wouldn't be saying that if it was your property, that had just been burnt to the ground by some stupid moron.

edit on 7-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Whoa, take your anger somewhere else man. You're entitled to your views, just as I am and just as each of us is..........but back off with that anger.

What I said is fact, whether you like it or not, and there was nothing in my statement which either condoned or criticised the riots.

I'm not your enrmy. If you've got to be as angry and aggressive as you are, at least direct it towards those who are wrecking our world, not those of us who are resisting them.

As for your comment about the judge, I don't give a toss what a judge thinks, the court system as it is today is all part of the the massive and criminal fraud being played out against the people.
edit on 7-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm still of the opinion that there might well have been police instigators in this - it has been proven that this has been the case with some of the violence which erupted during protests. The important question is to ask why policemen disguised as ordinary protesters were sent into the protests to instigate violence.

The issue has been swept under the carpet by the MSM but that essential question, to my knowledge, has NEVER been answered...

There's something about this story which isn't adding up to me. I can't put my finger on it, but my gut feeling is there's something that isn't right.

I'm disappointed to see so many people buying into the MSM official story so readily and are so quick to get fired up into all sorts of judgements and finger pointing. We know the MSM is a state propaganda machine and we know we are lied to again and again... I expect more details about this will emerge .....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I did. Also a white person making an observation of a majoritively black crowd of rioters is not allowed to make such an observation, since that is also racist.

Despite what the tv screens show us - of black rioters attacking police, buildings, thieving, robbing, burning, mugging - we should not be allowed to make such observations, because it is politically incorrect.

See what I don't understand is when did this become about race?

Where were the "look at those stupid white kids" in the G20 protests?

Why are we talking about black, asians and immigrants at all?

I find all of this ridiculous... they are people rioting and looting.

There were people who rioted in Canada and burnt cars and all that and I didn't see a mention of the race of the people (almost entirely white)

Same with G20 and every other student protest.

I think this is why people are annoyed about all this.

This is not a black, asian or white issue.... It's a police, thugs, hooligans, looters and protesters issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Your ignorance astounds me. Your attitude is so typical in this country, it is the REASON these people are living their lifestyles. When they or their ancestors came here, they wanted a new life. Ignorance, discrimination and intolerance greeted them, and while some rose above it, others were manipulated by criminals (many of whom are government and police). One thing Britain is full of, its predators. Most of the current generations have been born into it, its their way of life. Yes they are British, but their ancestors were immigrants.

Look in America, where there are black gangs, which came as a result of their mistreatment by the white majority. Is it any wonder the same patterns are being repeated here? And you just want to shoot them all, because they are fighting back against an oppressive regime? You cant judge them by your own standards, because the world they live in and the world you live in are entirely different.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

I have a feeling we are descending into civil war, and it will not be a war of clear sides, but everyone for themselves. Gangs vs other gangs, muslims vs the rest of us, neighbours vs neighbours. Society is barely functional, especially in the cities, with law and order (relatively) intact. When that barrier is broken, all hell will literally break loose.

Maybe its the beginning of the end?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I'm still of the opinion that there might well have been police instigators in this - it has been proven that this has been the case with some of the violence which erupted during protests. The important question is to ask why policemen disguised as ordinary protesters were sent into the protests to instigate violence.

The issue has been swept under the carpet by the MSM but that essential question, to my knowledge, has NEVER been answered...

There's something about this story which isn't adding up to me. I can't put my finger on it, but my gut feeling is there's something that isn't right.

I'm disappointed to see so many people buying into the MSM official story so readily and are so quick to get fired up into all sorts of judgements and finger pointing. We know the MSM is a state propaganda machine and we know we are lied to again and again... I expect more details about this will emerge .....

I think you'll find police instigation happens at most protests. It's one of the gross evils the police are allowed to do. Its nothing more than predatory thugs looking for a way to beat up the weakest people they can find. Disabled people, 16-year old girls, they are #ing animals and need wiping off the face of the planet.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sicul2012
reply to post by mr-lizard

An army of black thugs burned historical building down, beat white pedestrians, send eight police officers to the hospital, torch police cars, and looted stores. An entire double decker public bus was reduced to ashed.

Meanwhile, in the bigger picture, US/UK and coalition armies are killing people all over the globe, destroying buildings, bombing infrastructhre and all to support the criminal banksters who are holding billions of ordinary people to ransom and robbing them of everything....but that seems to be alright with you guys who are soooo outraged at what has happened in Tottenham.

The timing of this riot is suspicious - and people are ony too willing to be stirred up into racial hatred, as evidenced by this thread - and that plays RIGHT into the agenda of the criminals currently in power. The MSM is whipping you all up nicely.

Murdoch and his gutter newspapers have done a great job of brainwashing the British people. No wonder Cameron wanted one of Murdoch's minions as his adviser.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You lot need to wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Stop using excuses for these people and realise that it is unacceptable! I live around 2 minutes away from all these problems and it is alot worse than the media is reporting. Right now there is at least 3 - 4 helicopters over enfield town and Tottenham combined as the neandathals have another riot planned in my area.

Also, for people claiming that they are immigrants. No, sadly they are not. These people are 3rd and even 4th generation West Indian/African Youths who have nothing better to do than loot.

I know as I am from this area!

Stop defending them, saying that this was all the police's fault as it wasnt either. The police were fired on first after giving a clear warning to this person to drop the weapon, after he pressed that trigger, it was all over. Like it would be also if ol' whitey here shot at a policeman.

GET A GRIP.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I think you'll find police instigation happens at most protests. It's one of the gross evils the police are allowed to do. Its nothing more than predatory thugs looking for a way to beat up the weakest people they can find. Disabled people, 16-year old girls, they are #ing animals and need wiping off the face of the planet.

No it's much more than that. It is absolutely and totally outrageous and unacceptable that police send instigators in to create violence and then blame it on the protesters. They want to CREATE violence so they can tighten the police control over this police state.

They did it in the Canada too at the G20. It's an NWO tactic with a view to rationalising police states and martial law.

Like I've said - I'm very suspicious about this riot in Tottenham. I'm smelling a rat.....

edit on 7-8-2011 by wcitizen because: wo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I did. Also a white person making an observation of a majoritively black crowd of rioters is not allowed to make such an observation, since that is also racist.

Despite what the tv screens show us - of black rioters attacking police, buildings, thieving, robbing, burning, mugging - we should not be allowed to make such observations, because it is politically incorrect.

See what I don't understand is when did this become about race?

Where were the "look at those stupid white kids" in the G20 protests?

Why are we talking about black, asians and immigrants at all?

I find all of this ridiculous... they are people rioting and looting.

There were people who rioted in Canada and burnt cars and all that and I didn't see a mention of the race of the people (almost entirely white)

Same with G20 and every other student protest.

I think this is why people are annoyed about all this.

This is not a black, asian or white issue.... It's a police, thugs, hooligans, looters and protesters issue.

The MSM are churning out this garbage and people are swallowing it hook line and sinker.

As you say, it's NOT about color, race or anything like that, it's simply people rioting, and as yet we don't even know the full story.

But there are plenty of idiots who, like lemmings, swallow the propganda and run with it, hatred and all.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

I'm not defending them, (although I do support their action against their oppressors, albeit if it was for the wrong reasons) I am trying to make people understand their situation a bit better. I am not from there so I don't know fully but I know enough to know that they have entirely different culture down there to the majority of the country. There is a lot people don't understand yet they still judge and condemn based on their own world view, which is ignorance.

And it makes no odds now, regardless of how the riots started, the way the police have conducted themselves shows their true colours, so get out of denial and realise what they really are like. They have done the same things repeatedly over the years. How do we expect those communities to break out of their destructive cycle if they treated so badly by everybody? And yes, I know some of them throw things back in the faces of those who help them, but as the saying goes, once bitten, twice shy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Your ignorance astounds me.

Passion is fine, and you're free to express your opinions on the issues, but please go easy on the personal commentary.

Yes, it can be argued that's not technically personal, but let's err on the side of caution.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Well here is some typical leftist gobbledyook for you, that devolves everything to 'power relationships'

ie people who are not 'in power' cannot by definition be racist. - they are allways the 'oppressed victims' and therfore allways 'justified'

wwsword.blogspot.com...

That's not from this forum though and that person is an idiot, as most people on the left would acknowledge.

Stating that only one race can be racist is by definition racist.

edit on 7-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

This is standard leftist ideology!- and is what underpins the whole media reporting of incidents like this - very revealing that you seem to have absolutely no idea of the foundations thatl your recieved liberal views are actually based on - that is the very definition of a 'usefull idiot'
edit on 7-8-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: spell

Mod note: Please do see above. Thanks. -- Majic

edit on 8/7/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
If the police themselves are the criminals then justice finds a way regardless. Who is to say these people are criminals?
The confusion of the times I suppose. Can't say the police are really here to help us anymore after what i've seen.
There is always that one good cop but most of them are unaware they are the State's personal security rather then defenders of the civilian population.

Exactly - their function is to protect the wealth and corrupt systems of the elite, and increase it.

edit on Sun Aug 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join