It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's Ancient Aliens EPIC episode: "Aliens and Monsters".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So far season 3 hasn't impressed me. Let's put it like that.
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Why are you asking ATS?

Because people keep telling me about it. I've had at least three different users mention this mountain top. They never provide a link or source for their claims though. I wouldn't be asking for information about it if people would actually provide sources when they bring it up to me. It doesn't do anything for their argument that when I inquire about it the response is "Research it yourself."

The mountains around it have their peaks. How did that happen?

I'm not a geologist however I don't think its impossible for a plateau to exist when nearby mountains have peaks.

The mountain is flat with lines that look like an airstrip on it.

I've seen the lines, if this is an airport as ancient alien proponents suggest than its the most scattershot dangerous airport in history. The lines crisscross every which way and near the rectangular lines are giant images of various animals. In other words its layout is nothing like an airport. Let's also not forget the key assumption that not only were aliens there but that they would need airstrips to land their vehicles.

It also doesnt explain how in 6000+ years we cant figure out how to do anything but in the past 500 years only we end up on the moon with all this technology.

Evolution has to do with how we biologically evolved, cultural anthropology and archeology are the branches of science concerned with our rise to civilization. Evolution has no responsibility to demonstrate why we were able to become so advanced in the last 500 years. I think that anyone who's studied history should recognize the steady progression of civilization and how things like modern medicine and travel technology allowed our population to grow and spread and allowed civilizations to grow more permanent and sedentary. None of that has anything to do with Evolution of course.

The human race has been around for about 200,000 years but it took until about 10,000 years ago to form the first civilizations.

without the fairy tales of a holy book.

That's funny because most of the people I've seen argue for ancient aliens DO use the Bible and other mythology to try to prove their point.

Do you wish to bring forth something better?

Legitimate archeology, defending actual science that has actual evidence from the encroachment of fallacious reasoning and absurd pseudoscience.

and we have nothing to look back on other than what our ancestors wrote about.

Bone fragments, fossils, ruins, monuments, pottery fragments and other artifacts. I'll admit that most layman have very little idea about ancient history and I'd love the opportunity to talk to a historian or take some college courses on the subject of archeology (the closest I ever got was an intro to anthropology course) but ignorance of the subject is no excuse to insert aliens. Simply because we don't have all the details, because of lack of academic knowledge or whatever it may be, doesn't mean we get to put aliens in the gaps of our knowledge. An alien of the gaps is no better than a God of the Gaps.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Homo Sapiens have been here for 300,000 and a little over 10,000 years ago a we were in caves then a few thousands years after we're establishing civilizations and building all these maginificent buildings and have knowledge about the stars and that just pop out of no where right? According to evolution it should of tooken much longer for us to advance and Alien Genetic Engineering can solve this mystery.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The whole "Nazca Airport" theory brings up another point that these guys often link to which makes no sense and annoys me.

You often hear these guys on this show talking about flames and rockets and airplanes and things that sounded like jet engines. My question is: Why would these aliens who, at the very least, traveled across the solar system and set up shop here (if you believe the Annunaki tales), or at best the galaxy/universe, be flying airplanes and rocket ships? I mean, it makes it sound like these aliens only had technology equivalent to what we have today (airplanes, fossil-fueled combustion engines, rockets). Why would they have such 'primitive' technology?

What also gets on my nerves is how they always say "Well the ancients said this, but they actually meant that". "The Ancients said Garuda was a giant fiery bird monster who terrorized people and had to eat snakes to survive, and all of the art clearly depicts him as such, but the ancients didn't have any words for UFOs and airplanes and couldn't comprehend such technology, so they just described it as a bird! And the fire clearly represents rocket propulsion! And some accounts (Which we're not going to cite) describe Garuda as looking like he's made of metal, so it MUST have really been an alien spacecraft and the ancients just described it as a bird because they had no other context!"

If the ancients were really seeing these alien spacecraft and if the ancients were really "drawing and describing what they saw" as these AA theorists suggest, then why is it always "oh, they saw a flying saucer but they drew a bird". Doesn't sound like "drawing and describing what they saw" to me.

I admit there are some artworks and text descriptions that describe objects/craft/beings that DO sound and look 'alien', but I don't buy this whole "this picture of a bird/turtle actually represents a UFO, the ancients just had no context so they described it as best as they could by depicting it as a bird because it could fly" nonsense. If they really saw flying silver disks or whatever in the sky, I'd expect them to draw silver disks.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I've watched maybe five episodes of this show and every time its a non-stop face-palm fest. I'll be sure to watch the full episode on Netflix at some point but right now I'm just not in the mood for the painful agony of their fallacious reasoning and constant baseless speculation. My stomach still hurts from the nausea mixed with laughter from when they claimed angels had jetpacks and one of the guys said that angels were extraterrestrial humans (I kid you not, those are the words he used).

Of course its more reasonable that these 'angels' had glowing wings and halos. Seriously.

And, of course, it's simply out of the question that these "angels" never existed, I suppose? Seriously?

Harte

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Aliens visiting Earth with highly advanced technology could be mistaken for something divine.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Harte

Aliens visiting Earth with highly advanced technology could be mistaken for something divine.

Monkeys flying out of my butt are very often mistaken for something somewhat less simian.

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Wow nice being a smartass . It doesnt prove your point any further.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The first creature they showed was a raccoon, poor coon probably had it's hair boiled off, but none the less still a raccoon even without it's hair. Some people say it taste delicious, but I'll pass.

after that I stopped paying attention but will review the show again later

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
IMHO the real history of mankind is systematically being kept secret and twisted. This history was so bizar and cruel and caused by forces that prefer to operate in the 'dark'.

The truth of our history is known to the 33rd and maybe the 32nd degrees of certain freemasons lodges. Everything in their power and riches is used to recreate these bizar times....

The time of Noach will return and the world be created to the wishes of lucifer...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Thanks for the post, I quite enjoyed watching that, some well constructed arguements. I always like listening to new theories.

I have always found in interesting how all cultures all seem to have different stories, or representations of hybrid animals.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Zeer0

Deal with it

The only thing that's going to "solve" whether we were visited by ancient aliens is hard evidence.

Not the baseless assertions and fallacious reasoning applied on this bad joke of a tabloid TV program. All the episodes I've seen have been endless streams of "We don't know why/how the ancients built this - therefore aliens" fallacious leaps in logic and claims about artifacts and monuments that have good earthly explanations to begin with.

If any of these guys really wanted to prove ancient aliens they'd all have legitimate degrees in archeology and be out there looking for physical evidence. Instead most of them are content to sit on TV and baldly assert that Puma Punku and Nazca are best explained by aliens while employing fallacious appeals to mystery and arguments from ignorance.

If this is seriously the best representation believers in the ancient astronaut "theory" can conjure up than I think it's YOU who have to deal with it... us skeptics just get to sit back and laugh

Actually they do have 'legit' guys on there as you put it from respected universities including oxford university. You should watch things before spouting off.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

That's probably the only analogy the Egyptians and other people had to give to what they saw. That was their best way of explaining what they had encountered.
In WW2 when Americans landed in the jungles they came across tribes that never have seen anything outside where they were from, so planes were something unheard of and unknown to them. The Americans traded them food and a bunch of things for some of their goods and fed them and gave them blankets. After they left the tribes had built airplane models that they had seen out of sticks, leaves, and bushes. They set them all up where the planes landed hoping that the gods "Americans" would come back again.
I think the drawings could relate very well to what you laugh at. The angels that came and helped could fly or had some sort of device and in their minds that's what they were thinking to what they saw so they drew it up, just like the tribes I stated about. They actually thought we were god not from this world.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeattlesFinest

I do agree with your point, but the problem with the History Channel's AA Theory is the winged birds, and how the historians believe they are really planes, and it is illogical to think they aren't birds. They also love to reference the the famous Madonna painting and the "ufo" in the picture is actually an identifiable image from biblical text and you can youtube the AA Theory in paintings debunked video and see what I'm saying.

I do believe some ancient art, text, or stories could be describing aliens, essentially they are all extra-terrestrial in nature. If you believe the actual mythical or religious icons/characters actually did physically exists and came from where the text and story describes their origin.....then are they really aliens?

To me, that is what the History Channel's main AA theory is trying to explain.

My traditional AA theory is Aliens came down and altered our DNA to make Humans, and that is the missing link, or they seeded life on Earth, either one. And in this case ET would remain relatively unknown to us.

Sorry to sidetrack but in the recent movie Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Caesar, didn't know he was given a chemical/medicine that made him radically smarter than other apes, he thought he was born that way. The same idea can be applied to humans having no clue about their origin early on. Look at where we are now, 200,000 years later, and we still don't know. It would require our creator flat out telling us the mystery.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The HIS-STORY channel is owned by the military industrial complex aka GE/NBC

Enjoy the BS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I understand your point now, I thought you were saying you had an unopened mind and were sharing it with all of us.. People like that get me ha ha. But yes indeed we are a lost civilization and will continue to be until our creator show's forth or until we evolve enough to find the answers we seek but until then we will remain in the dark.
I do believe the drawings we see today from our past ancestors have much more meaning then we could imagine. Just like how a tattoo work's, you have picture or a symbol and everyone else can judge what they think but only you know it's true meaning behind it until someone asks and you tell.
We are very lost and disconnected from what we should be, we could stay this way for another 200,000 years but we will find our way. Everything is a cycle, where something begins it will end in the same place it started, but on a much bigger scale.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Loopdaloop

You should watch things before spouting off.

I'm sure I mentioned this elsewhere in this thread but I did make sure to mention that I've only seen a handful of episodes of this show. The only legitimate scientists I've seen on any of them are the ones that very briefly get to argue against the ancient aliens proponents.

reply to post by SeattlesFinest

After they left the tribes had built airplane models that they had seen out of sticks, leaves, and bushes.

The old cargo cult analogy at last, I was wondering when someone would bring this up. This is commonly pointed to by believers in ancient aliens but what evidence is there that ALIENS in SPACECRAFT would illicit similar reactions to human beings in AIRPLANES?

We have lot's of examples of higher tech human civilizations coming in contact with ones viewed as more primitive. Usually what happens is either slavery or the complete genocide of that native group. Yet most ancient astronaut proponents seem to suggest that the aliens HELPED early man with setting up our earliest civilizations. So according to many proponents of this theory human precedent, namely native populations being devastated or enslaved by invaders with better technology, IS NOT analogous to what happened with the aliens. So why should the cargo cult claim be any better? Why should that apply to aliens? Furthermore how can we differentiate between an ancient religion started by humans who saw aliens and thought they were gods and typical human superstition and mythology? In other words which gods are the aliens and which are just made up? And why are so many gods depicted as looking human instead of like an alien race?

They actually thought we were god not from this world.

Or angels could just be part of mythology, completely fictional. Is there a reason why they almost exclusively appear to those who believe in them? If they are aliens why would they discriminate? And why aren't there stories of angels in every single culture, why are they almost entirely exclusive to the Abrahamic faiths?

Even if I were to accept, for sake of argument, that these myths are actually attempts at eyewitness accounts how exactly would that prove anything? There are eye witness accounts of EVERYTHING, from elves and Elvis to the Virgin Mary. Eye witness accounts, be they ancient or modern, are not enough to be considered evidence for aliens.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

just pop out of no where right?

What modern historian would make this claim that civilization just pops out of nowhere? Do you seriously believe that? What level of education did you achieve because I find it hard to believe that anyone can get out of highschool still believing that civilization just popped out of nowhere all of a sudden.

There's evidence that civilization gradually grew as populations increased and people became able to build more permanent sedentary lives. Some of the earliest evidence for civilization stretches back to 10000 BC.

Natufian Culture for instance is dated from between 12,000 and 9,500 BC and shows many of the hallmarks of permanent civilization.

Our species is genetically very similar to the way it was when we left Africa, it's why they can actually trace back the paths your ancestors took out of Africa using DNA. If aliens had tampered with our genetics in any way that would have completely altered the results of that test. If the did mess with our genes than why are we still almost genetically identical to Chimpanzees?

I know the desire to believe our species is too special to have evolved is strong in some folks but all the evidence points towards natural evolution and a gradual rise to civilization. It's also easy to see that once we got over the hurdle of developing written language and forming more permanent settlements with hierarchies technology would begin to increase at an accelerated rate. There are mysteries still in our past, but inserting aliens into those gaps is fallacious and cheapens those mysteries.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
The whole "Nazca Airport" theory brings up another point that these guys often link to which makes no sense and annoys me.

i agree, nazca airport was the funniest one, you gotta be a uneducated person to believe that theory ufo don't need landing stripe there spaceship is anti-gravity.

only aerodynamic ship need landing stripe and you cant use aerodynamic ship in outer space. Plus Nazca airport look all mess up, zig-zag like it was design by a child

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Its an expression and its funny how you try to insult my intelligence by an expression i used.

But none of these more Ancient Civilizations did anything that was done 6000 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join