It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's Ancient Aliens EPIC episode: "Aliens and Monsters".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The guys of Ancient Aliens are always provocative, but this time they surpassed themselves elaborating about Chimeras and ancient alien genetic engineering:

There's no coincidence of the timing between this episode and the recent articles of Daily Mirror, reporting that hundreds of hybrid human-animal embryos have been engineered secretively in several laboratories in the UK, including King's College London, Newcastle University and Warwick University.

(...)Last night a campaigner against the excesses of medical research said he was disgusted that scientists were ‘dabbling in the grotesque’. Figures seen by the Daily Mail show that 155 ‘admixed’ embryos, containing both human and animal genetic material, have been created since the introduction of the 2008 Human Fertilisation Embryology Act. This legalised the creation of a variety of hybrids, including an animal egg fertilised by a human sperm; ‘cybrids’, in which a human nucleus is implanted into an animal cell; and ‘chimeras’, in which human cells are mixed with animal embryos(...)

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
is this really new? About 10-12 years ago I remember reading in WIRED about experiments being done with cow and human embryos. They let the "thing" go 30 days gestation before destroying it..if they did in fact destroy it. I mean you have to believe that they have actually done these things and possibly let the "thing" come to term. I mean if you had the power and know how wouldn't you play mad scientist?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just watched that episode recently on Netflix.

Not sure how much I buy of it, but it was fun to watch all the same.

Still, the timing you point out is really quite eerie. Never fails to amaze how often this very sort of coincidental timing occurs.

Not to mention this genetic, "hey gang; wanna play God" b.s. is downright nauseating. Who would you consider the monster. The hybrid, or the scientist that created it? Chicken, or egg?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
is this really new? About 10-12 years ago I remember reading in WIRED about experiments being done with cow and human embryos. They let the "thing" go 30 days gestation before destroying it..if they did in fact destroy it. I mean you have to believe that they have actually done these things and possibly let the "thing" come to term. I mean if you had the power and know how wouldn't you play mad scientist?

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton (1834–1902)

Greedy-ambitious-warmonger-wicked men possessing technology to create engineered chimeras, is a ticking time-bomb.
It's said that history repeats itself. If ancient aliens decided to trigger a cataclysm, flooding the planet to wipe off their own scientific madness, and the modern Illuminati overlords like to play the Anunnaki, nothing good can come along.

edit on 8/5/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I might point out here that the myths of the Nephilim say that they are to return to the earth. I forget who said or theorized this but it is beilved or put forth that the creations of genetic manipulations would be born without souls. so you have a created organism without a soul wich would allow the Nephilim to inhabit said organism and thus regain entrance to the world and wreak untold havok. Im sorry I cant rememerb the fellows name who originated this idea,,,I belive he mentioned it on C2C AM and some other radio shows, anyone know of this idea or who it was that put it forth?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I've watched maybe five episodes of this show and every time its a non-stop face-palm fest. I'll be sure to watch the full episode on Netflix at some point but right now I'm just not in the mood for the painful agony of their fallacious reasoning and constant baseless speculation. My stomach still hurts from the nausea mixed with laughter from when they claimed angels had jetpacks and one of the guys said that angels were extraterrestrial humans (I kid you not, those are the words he used).

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Even though its highly speculative its the best we have to solving if we were visited in Ancient Times. Deal with it

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have to say I didn't enjoy this one at all. I'm used to these guys making big leaps but this was just too much. Saying that aliens came here in the distant past and just started mixing and matching species and genetically crossing humans with animals to make things like centaurs and nagas just doesn't make any sense. Why? How? Where's the evidence? Where are these hybrid monsters now? Not all of the ancient writings should be taken literally.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Educated people have contemplated that very question since Mary Shelly wrote "Frankenstein." There is no question who the real monster is.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I will watch this. I have never watched this show before until I heard about it when I started to visit ATS again.
So far it looks like it is full of BS, to be completely honest. Guess I will have a less superficial opinion once I watch an episode.

I'm glad I always take everything I see in the media with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Deal with it

The only thing that's going to "solve" whether we were visited by ancient aliens is hard evidence.

Not the baseless assertions and fallacious reasoning applied on this bad joke of a tabloid TV program. All the episodes I've seen have been endless streams of "We don't know why/how the ancients built this - therefore aliens" fallacious leaps in logic and claims about artifacts and monuments that have good earthly explanations to begin with.

If any of these guys really wanted to prove ancient aliens they'd all have legitimate degrees in archeology and be out there looking for physical evidence. Instead most of them are content to sit on TV and baldly assert that Puma Punku and Nazca are best explained by aliens while employing fallacious appeals to mystery and arguments from ignorance.

If this is seriously the best representation believers in the ancient astronaut "theory" can conjure up than I think it's YOU who have to deal with it... us skeptics just get to sit back and laugh

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

About the hybrid human-animal part on ancient alien "Alien and monster" I'm very surprise that they forgot to mention about the Hindu god Ganesha which is a very popular god in Hindu.

Ganesha is a half elephant half human god.

The story goes that Ganesha used to be full human but his human head got cut off by Lord Shiva. Long story short, the other Gods force Lord Shiva to bring Ganesha back to life but lord Shiva couldn't find Ganesha human head so the first head he saw was a elephant, so he cut off the elephant head and put it on Ganesha body and bring him back to life. That how Lord Ganesha became half elephant and half human

Makara is half elephant and half gator, very popular in Hindu and Buddhism folklore

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Is it mostly based on interpretations and speculation? Yes but how do we go about explaining some of these things. And saying "dont put down Human Ingenuity" because theres things done that we cant do today.

And yes how people can move a whole mountain top in Ancient time has Earthly origins, and yes the Ancients built, carved and stacked 2 million 20-40 ton stone in 20 years...right thats so possible in Ancient Times.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

Seems like that would depend on his character.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I've watched maybe five episodes of this show and every time its a non-stop face-palm fest. I'll be sure to watch the full episode on Netflix at some point but right now I'm just not in the mood for the painful agony of their fallacious reasoning and constant baseless speculation. My stomach still hurts from the nausea mixed with laughter from when they claimed angels had jetpacks and one of the guys said that angels were extraterrestrial humans (I kid you not, those are the words he used).

You say you've only watched 5 episodes and plan on watching this one, but talk about it like you can't stand the show.

If you hate it that much, why have you bothered watching 5 episodes and plan to watch this one and post in threads about it?

Trolling or secretly enjoy the show, but don't want to admit it?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Minotaurs and Centaurs.
There was a place in Turkey discovered recently and thought to be the garden of Eden where carvings of animals and humans on rocks led archeologist to believe this is where genetic manipulation was tried on other creatures before settling in the chimpanzee. I can't remember the name of the place but google garden of Eden and Turkey to find it. Nazi's were famous for these type of experiments and there is even a small segment of a video I watched that was reported to be confiscated footage of one of the science labs with people being experimented on. And Then there is this recent news story. Of course it is probably true and worse than we know but I don't understand what type of human could do this. Not a 100% human...they must be a human-snake-rat mix.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Lol. Hes even gone as far as saying hes Debunked the whole notion of Ancient Alien Visitation. The thread he has i a good laugh.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was actually going to make a thread on this because I just watched the episode and theres no question the timing was done on purpose. The woman near the end actually attempts to praise the scientists and their work playing God as a good thing too. Its sick and these people dont understand what crossing species is going to do to our planet.

S+F

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Of course its more reasonable that these 'angels' had glowing wings and halos. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i just love they way they assume that ancient humans were morons and that if any "tinkering" was done it must be ALIENS. if a Russian could mount a second head on a dog in the 50's i don't see why someone way back would be any less successful. i have seen a few documentaries on the fact that ancient people in south america were apparently doing brain surgery, based on skulls found with sections of the skull cut out and even healing taking place. as well as things like dentistry. why is it so hard to believe that this type of thing is new? if they understood how to do that then what else did they know?

we have had a period in the west called the DARK AGES, so called due to loss of knowledge. a time where pretty much any science was demonized. if you didn't believe as your "betters" did then you were a heretic, Galileo for example was persecuted due to his beliefs, many of which are now accepted fact. even cleanliness was not a "good" thing at the time, as it apparently pointed you out to be vain. makes you wonder why sickness and disease caused a lot of problems at the time. even into the Napoleonic wars cleanliness was not observed in the medical field. no sterilization of medical instruments, blood letting, leaches and maggots (actually not a bad thing on the last two), were used in the healing process.

just because they didn't apparently have technology like computers and microchips, doesn't mean they were retards, (no offense to the mentally challenged out there intended). why do we assume that only WE have the smarts to do stuff? before the computer, we had the slide rule. a non electronic device that someone who knew how to use could do astounding calculations on very quickly. that in itself is an amassing accomplishment. god knows i couldn't use one, even with the technology we do have i would need to know how to use it. if anything i suspect our currant technology actually makes us dumber.

also we have to consider that in the past there was no internet around to find information we want. there were things like the probable library of Alexandria around, but you'd have to first get there and then probably would need to know what you were even looking for to be able to find it.
the thing is that knowledge was passed down by training and working with a master. trade secrets was the norm. Greek fire is a good example of this. we do have some idea of possibilities of how to make it, but we can't be sure because no one has ever found a scroll "Greek fire recipe". yet we are pretty sure that greek fire DID exist. who is to say what knowledge has been completely lost.

consider for example the reaction to someone in the dark ages who was able to say reattach an arm. what do you think the chance of their surviving would have been if they had done it and it was found out. pretty good they would have been killed as a witch. now reattaching a limb would be close enough for someone to tinker around playing Frankenstein. IF someone like this existed they wouldn't be advertising. and if the knowledge wasn't passed on to someone else it would be lost completely.

now also consider that back in history power was pretty much held by two groups. the rulers- kings and such, and religion (doesn't really matter what religion). now rulers would have kept any knowledge like this closed , due to national security, (gee some things never change
). this is what seems to be the case in regards to greek fire. much like today's "super weapons", it is only really effective if everyone else doesn't know about it.

as for religion, miracles aren't effective if everyone knows it's not magic, or a show of a gods power. again i have seen some documentaries showing some of this type of thing, like flying chariots in a temple of a god. and as even seen in this particular video the religious leaders would have had cause to keep a fact like someone able to attach extra limbs on a person for example a secret. as a miracle, is only such if people don't KNOW it could be done by a human. "touched by the gods" just shows the importance of something like that remaining secret.

we seem to be constantly amazed by things that the ancients were apparently able to do. building pyramids and stuff. just because they didn't have our wonderful machines and technology doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't achieve stuff in other ways. there is typically more than one way to skin a cat after all. but some of us just have to assume our ancestors were dumber than dog crap, and so any time something comes up that we don't THINK they were capable of or even maybe we don't know, then it MUST BE ALIENS. personally i am on the fence as to whether we are, or have been visited by species from off world, underworld, or other dimensions.

even this possible ancient nuclear blasts, doesn't mean anything. the really scary thing about nukes is how SIMPLE they really are. in fact the HARD part is getting the material for it. this city in india seems to have been advanced, who is to say they didn't build a nuclear pile themselves? maybe the blast was a big OOPSI on their part. or maybe like some now fear, there were two or more powers with "the bomb" and they actually did a mutual destruction shot at each other?

point is WE JUST DON'T KNOW, all currant archeology really is, is a series of educated GUESSES, based on what they find, (and things that don't match their theories seem to disappear). as well as the ASSUMPTION of what the people of old were capable of. not a really very reliable way to go about things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join