It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's Ancient Aliens EPIC episode: "Aliens and Monsters".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
they have season three on netflix already?
I was watching season 1 and 2 earlier this week and didn't see any new additions =/

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

I think he was just trying to see how many times he could say fallacious in this thread...

I watched this episode last night whilst going to sleep, did they ever show any proof of higher radiation levels in india?
that seems like it would be an easy thing to test.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Now we all know where the term "Playing god" really came from

God: Supreme being.

Supreme to what, us?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

They need to call it what it is, the Disney channel, and then make Jessica Rabbit be the host

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 6-8-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I already posted this, where's my S + Fs? Jeez, you guys are tighter than a 17 year old chick

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
I already posted this, where's my S + Fs? Jeez, you guys are tighter than a 17 year old chick

lol... wonder if this will stay or not.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

EPIC episode ?
I have just sat through most of this , when they started linking the Loch Ness monster to Alien Astronauts I could take no more .
I thought the first series was good , the second was stretching it a bit but if this episode is representative of the third series then I think enough is enough .
If anything devalues Ufology its flight of fancy rubbish like this .

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

When did I suggest such a thing?

It's far more likely that they are clever inventions of mythology and never existed in any real form at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Yes but how do we go about explaining some of these things.

You're not serious are you? Hmm... let's think, how did we eventually explain that lightning WASN'T caused by Zeus?

Science -> archeology. Looking at actual facts, artifacts, making reasonable inferences based on actual evidence, not wild speculation invoking modern ideas of aliens. How did they put such massive stone blocks on top of each other? I don't know but we wouldn't consider magic a good explanation, and along that same vein we wouldn't accept aliens as a good explanation without some evidence that they were involved. Invoking them to explain ancient mysteries is what I've referred to as an Alien of Gaps argument (look up what a God of the gaps argument is). The supporters of this "theory" will take an ancient mystery (or sometimes something that already has several plausible explanations like the Pyramids) and invoke aliens to fill in the gap in our knowledge in the same way the ancients would bring in Zeus to explain lightning.

right thats so possible in Ancient Times.

Apparently it is. Who are we to say that it's not? Are we experts in what these ancient civilizations were and were not capable of as feats of engineering? And even if we accept that the building of these monuments is unexplained do we then get to make stuff up? Do we get to invoke aliens, gods, demons, giants and other absurdities just to cover an uncomfortable question mark from our history? I think not.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
AA is speculation on the possibility that the Ancient Astronaut Theory is true, and how we can debunk some of our ancestors "holy stories" by having the holy beings actually being Aliens. I love this show to death, but at times it only makes me wonder why we all evade the ancient knowledge. We have the stories, but no tools. We have the theories, but not the proof. Not to be a skeptic, but I really wish they would look into the flower of life and how every culture in that time knew about it, and found it's true meaning. Aside from it being a part of sacred geometry, it also held the key blueprints to making our greatest monuments, so I am hoping that with some more personal research and library hopping, I can find out some more about it. However, the books with the real truth in them aren't normally in arms reach...
Anyways, the show is spot on when we put the AAT into the equation. =]
I didn't know youtube had it... That's something I have tried to look for before and ended up getting 9-10min clips.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.haystack.mit.edu...

MIT theorizes Aliens use Gamma Ray Bursts for communication....they could also theoretically blast DNA structure to a planet in the information....causing the half animal/half human creatures.

Just as our uneducated dabbling with gamma rays changes DNA structure.....

What if MIT is correct?

There would be no purpose to your life. You are just a program running that they are watching...and can change at any time. Your purpose is to mine materials and process them and place them on a planets surface. Then a catastrophe happens every 12,500 years knocking us on our rears and almost to extinction and they go down and harvest all the forged/processed metals we got for them.

Slaves.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for that .....you just ruined my Saturday night

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Lol. I never mentioned Zues but ok.

I dont think you can explain how the Ancients Flattening a whole mountain top by normal means.

And there is speculation because its a THEORY. No ones saying this is 100% fact. Dont you notice that they ask alot of questions and say it "looks like" and also say "Ancient Alien Theorists THEORIZE" and variations of that. Dont get so butthurt dude.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I guess some people don't understand what a "theory" is. It's not called the Ancient Astronaut Law. I am a believer but I did not care much for this episode. It felt like they were reaching a little too much in this one. This subject feels like something you can't continuously come out with new material for. If they talked a little about the alien abduction phenomenon I could see a whole episode based on that. They've already covered pretty much everything else.

The fact is some people will listen...and some people will shoot it down without a second thought. You can't change their minds. They're going to say that these people are all armchair archaelogists and astronomers but the fact is, most of them have degrees. Most of them are scholars. Sometimes they say things like "aliens did it," but most of the time they are just theorizing and asking questions.

I think it's funny though when people say that the Egyptians definitely built the pyramids. The funny part is that they documented everything they did....but not the building of their most prevalent and famous landmark? If that doesn't say there is something more to it than I don't know what does.

There may be a lot of holes in the AAT but there's also a lot of questions...and they are not being answered.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

I dont think you can explain how the Ancients Flattening a whole mountain top by normal means.

When did they flatten a whole mountaintop? I've heard this claim before but never from any legitimate sources, about their being some mountain near Nazca that was cleared off artificially. Where's your evidence that this flattened mountain is not merely a natural plateau, or the result of volcanic or tectonic forces?

And there is speculation because its a THEORY. No ones saying this is 100% fact.

There's a reason why when I talk about ancient astronaut "theory" I put the word in quotations. Because this "theory" is not the same as a scientific theory, in scientific terms the ancient alien claim barely qualifies as a hypothesis (and I'm not even sure about that much). Theories, in actual science, are built around facts, they're a framework for understanding a phenomenon. Evolution is a theory in the scientific sense of the word, it attempts to explain biodiversity. Theories, actual scientific ones, should not contain baseless speculation and fallacious reasoning.

and also say "Ancient Alien Theorists THEORIZE"

Qualifying their statements doesn't make their reasoning any less flawed. If they want their ideas to be taken seriously they should be out there working with legitimate archeology to discover the real answers behind these mysteries. Rather than seeing how many arguments from ignorance they can shove into a 60 minute TV program.

Dont get so butthurt dude.

Sorry but BS tends to get me riled up a bit. This is ATS and denying ignorance is the name of the game, I call it as I see it and this TV show is FULL of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Zeer0

The only thing that's going to "solve" whether we were visited by ancient aliens is hard evidence

There is nothing wrong with speculating or theorizing based on what we see as circumstantial evidence. Your mind is made up, nobody is interested in convincing you one way or another as it would be a waste of time.

Obviously we are not 100% sure and yes hard evidence would "solve" it. That does not mean people shouldn't discuss it.

The majority of the world's population believes in a god or gods without 'hard evidence'

A lot of useful idiots think Osama was killed by a bunch of SEALS and dumped in the ocean without 'hard evidence'

People think that molten inner earth and plate tectonics are responsible for volcanoes and earthquakes without 'hard evidence'

Why is it when people want to discuss a theory that might not be popular that you people come out of the shadows and ask for evidence, sources, citations, etc? I say the big bang theory is BS and red shifted galaxies prove nothing, where is the hard evidence? How dare I question mainstream science. These people are so educated and smart and have hundreds of thousands of dollars in papers that make them experts and such. The theory of evolution still hasn't found 'hard evidence' in the form of a missing link.

IMHO people like you are no different than a troll or a kook. No different than an irrational close-minded religious extremist. But that's just my opinion. I don't have any 'hard evidence'

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Well the Ancient Astronaut Theorists use the word Theorize alot because they dont know 100% what happened in our past its not they say "This is so amazing and it this has to be Aliens" they just gave their own Theory of what could of happened in the past. Basically the whole theory is just an Alternative on what we think happened in Ancient Times and even though alot of speculation is incorporated in this it shouldnt be laughed at.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

maybe it was Steve Quayle who said this. He has his own website.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

When did they flatten a whole mountaintop? I've heard this claim before but never from any legitimate sources, about their being some mountain near Nazca that was cleared off artificially. Where's your evidence that this flattened mountain is not merely a natural plateau, or the result of volcanic or tectonic forces?

Why are you asking ATS? Google it and look for it yourself. The mountain is flat with lines that look like an airstrip on it. The mountains around it have their peaks. How did that happen?

There's a reason why when I talk about ancient astronaut "theory" I put the word in quotations. Because this "theory" is not the same as a scientific theory, in scientific terms the ancient alien claim barely qualifies as a hypothesis (and I'm not even sure about that much). Theories, in actual science, are built around facts, they're a framework for understanding a phenomenon. Evolution is a theory in the scientific sense of the word, it attempts to explain biodiversity. Theories, actual scientific ones, should not contain baseless speculation and fallacious reasoning.

The problem with the evolution theory is that it doesnt work for humanity because we havent had enough time to evolve naturally. For every other animal on this planet it works though. It also doesnt explain how in 6000+ years we cant figure out how to do anything but in the past 500 years only we end up on the moon with all this technology. It doesnt make any sense. We dont know what happend in our past, but this 'theory' atleasts attempts to explain parts of it without the fairy tales of a holy book.

Sorry but BS tends to get me riled up a bit. This is ATS and denying ignorance is the name of the game, I call it as I see it and this TV show is FULL of it.

And what alternative do we have? Do you wish to bring forth something better? Like I said we dont know our history and we have nothing to look back on other than what our ancestors wrote about. All this show attempts to do is figure out what exactly it is that they saw and documented.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't think the theory is too far out of the question, but I do agree the show is overly sensationalized. It is completely plausible, since we have in the past and currently practice genetic manipulation here on Earth. Intelligent creatures may do the same somewhere else in the far reaches of space.

Now, did Ancient Aliens come to Earth and genetically alter human DNA ? Our missing link? Who knows...

Did they create mythical creatures? That is purely up to your imagination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join