It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
post removed by staff

Especially considering it just became legal here, to conceal carry. First thing my husband said, after I told him about this, was "well, I guess we need to hurry and look into the conceal carry permit".
edit on Fri Aug 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
WOW. I stepped away earlier because I could see this thread going to a disturbing place and now I come back and it's like I have been redirected to Stormfront. I feel sorry for all the ignorant people on here making their racist or "counter" I suppose comments because they don't understand how bad they are making it......for themselves. All that hate and bitterness that is being expressed is no different than what the youths did at the fair. Returning evil for evil brings shame on you too. Not just the ones you are directing it towards.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm not into making racists comments but it's stupid not to look at any reality head on.

IF there is a large group of black people that are willing to gather en force and commit violent acts against innocent, random people, then why aren't THEY on some 'extremist list?'

Perhaps they have not been marginalized enough by society?
We've got a problem in this country, IMO, and it concerns seeing reality for what it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

You are being really naive if you think that is all that is going on. Living in the past? Black youth feel helpless and hopeless from what is going on today. 1) They have the highest unemployment rates than other races- The jobless rate for black teens has consistently been higher than any other demographic since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began publishing results in 1972. 2)They have the highest incarceration rates than any other race -disparties in prison sentences

So what are you trying to say? What is the reason for this? Dare I say it might be due to people not taking responsibility for their own actions and their own lives? Everyone in America has access to public schooling. Everyone has access to free birth control if they can't afford it. Everyone makes a choice whether to commit a crime or not. I no longer believe in the notion that black people are less likely to be hired by an employer. That theory has worn out its welcome in America.

If we are going to discuss the issue of blacks having the highest unemployment rates, then, in all fairness, we should have statistics on just how many of those unemployed blacks have actually tried to find work.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by Cuervo
Do you really think that white people are minorities? Do you just think that the census folks are lying to you?

Yes....

But you've got it backwards.....It isn't the Census workers lying to us, its THEM lying to the Census workers...

Its a cold hard truth that 'minorities' in high poverty areas lie to the census workers and for good reason....

If they were no longer minorities they lose benefits.....They've been working the system long enough to know how to keep working the system....

I actually know of a family that drives a Lexus on a daily basis, but keeps a Ford LTD on standby to drive to the DFACS office....

It's all a farce....

You really believe that?!

An ethnic minority group in a congressional district would benefit far more by reporting all of the children in the household. By your rationale, I could say that white people are lying in order to make their numbers seem smaller.

Not only to i believe it, i've witnessed it and know it to be FACT....

what fairy tale land do you live in?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
You are being really naive if you think that is all that is going on. Living in the past? Black youth feel helpless and hopeless from what is going on today. 1) They have the highest unemployment rates than other races- The jobless rate for black teens has consistently been higher than any other demographic since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began publishing results in 1972. 2)They have the highest incarceration rates than any other race -disparties in prison sentences. Among the findings... bla bla bla...

And all that is whitey's fault, right? The one's you're referring to, use the concept of racism, projected upon themselves, to justify to their own psyche, why they don't have a job. Fortunately for them, it's equally as easy for them to convince themselves that they're only in prison for being black too...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I agree most people have no clue what is actually happening. The black youth does not give a damn about the past. The past is an excuse. With a combination of affirmative action, extreme political correctness, a society that gives a group a nearly free pass to act in any way it wants to in public with a racial excuse they are just getting away with whatever they can and doing whatever they want.

Its time to put some social pressure from everyone on the black youth and get these predators under control.

First, you can't really make the blanket statement that black youths are the only ones responsible for this overall issue (maybe this attack, I'd have to see more info), but there are plenty of white and hispanic, and asian gangbangers too....

There is no free pass for race..the law is the law, and race isn't a factor when it's being broken. Whether I'm white, black, etc., if I kill someone, I'm going to jail. (Money...on the other hand, is a different story...the rich can buy their way out of such things, regardless of color too....only the color GREEN matters...just ask OJ....)

That said though, this idea of sticking it "to the man" is a bit ridiculous, when one looks at the Oval Office. The President is black folks...this idea of whitey being the one completely in charge and keeping blacks down is not only dated, but incorrect....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You understand why they chose to beat people to a pulp over your "statistics"?

They have the highest unemployment rates? How is that our fault? How is that the fault of some innocent fair goer? How about get off their ass and do something about it instead of whining and deciding to start a mob at a local fair.

They have the highest incarceration rates? Again, their fault...not mine, yours or any other person in the United States but their own. If you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime. That goes for black, white, purple, yellow or whatever color/race you decide you are.

As for the rest of your so called "statistics"...I guess since I am a white male, it is my fault that black people die of diseases that are out of my control.

Your statistics are rubbish and if you sympathize with these goon punks that just wanted to beat a bunch of peoples face in, then you are no better then them. If you can provide proof that your ridiculous statistics have been engineered to wipe out black people, then I may change my tune...but you will never be able to provide that proof because there is no such thing.

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Originally posted by chaztekno
And they moan things will never get better, is there any wonder. I'm affraid the only racism i see nowadays comes from the black community who are living in the past still and blaming the white folk for what happened generations ago. When this turns ugly, and it will, who will end up with the blame???

You are being really naive if you think that is all that is going on. Living in the past? Black youth feel helpless and hopeless from what is going on today. 1) They have the highest unemployment rates than other races- The jobless rate for black teens has consistently been higher than any other demographic since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began publishing results in 1972. 2)They have the highest incarceration rates than any other race -disparties in prison sentences. Among the findings: Blacks in the United States are imprisoned at more than five times the rate of whites, and Hispanics are locked up at nearly double the white rate, according to a study released Wednesday by a criminal justice policy group. The worst of the states: In five states - Iowa, Vermont, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Wisconsin - African Americans are incarcerated at more than ten times the rate of whites. 3) They have the highest death rates than any other race. Although cancer deaths have declined for both Whites and African Americans/Blacks living in the United States, African Americans/Blacks continue to suffer the greatest burden for each of the most common types of cancer American White women have the highest incidence rate for breast cancer, although African American/Black women are most likely to die from the disease.African American/Black men have the highest incidence rate for prostate cancer in the United States and are more than twice as likely as White men to die of the disease It's not about poverty. It's not about teenage pregnancy. It's not about use of drugs. … If you self-identify as black, there's a greater chance your baby will be born before full term and be too small." Nearly 600 babies in New Jersey died before their first birthday in 2007, the most recent year for which figures are available. Of these, 194 were black and 180 were white, even though black women accounted for only one in eight births. For every 1,000 live births in the state, 11.2 black babies and 3.4 white babies died. This is TODAY, not in the past. I am not saying what they did is right, I condemn what they did- I am just saying I understand...
edit on 5-8-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Well one great tool im sure wisconsin has is mob action....basically any crime that was committed...even criminal damage could be put under mob action just for things like this...its an automatic felony. Great tool for the police....just for situations like this. Each one caught will snitch on the other to get a reduced sentence and before you know it the majority of them will have charges....the down side is they are probably mostly juveniles and it seems no one wants to punish kids these days.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
“Retribution for the man keeping them down!”
Wake up! Ever one is like that.
And if a black man becomes rich and has a nice car nice home.
And works with the white man. He’s a traitor! Huh?
They are so full of hate. They make the Racism and hate.
Break up the back villages that are in the cities.
It’s the same with the Muslims.
Don’t let them build little villages in the cities.
They blacks and other rases are not trying to be a part of the world.
They just fortify themselves in and Hate ever one outside.
They and all of us need to mix.
So we don’t have black/Muslim Community.
We just have people! All mixe’t up!
But we all stay in are bit and hate each other.
and it is they who have the most hate.
and will not let it go.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
IMPORTANT REMINDER

The topic is, unsurprisingly, somewhat inflammatory and will tend to inspire emotional responses. That's fine as long as it doesn't devolve into conduct that violates the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Specifically, members should be able to express their opinions without being attacked for doing so. Ad hominem attacks are an insult not only to other members, but to what ATS stands for as a community.

Attempts to derail the thread by steering discussion to the identity of members constitute trolling and is subject to the same actions applicable to any acts of trolling, so please don't do it. While most posts in this thread so far avoid such digressions, some posts already do this. Let's not see more of it.

Likewise, racist commentary is prohibited and subject to staff action. That does not mean discussions of race or issues related to race are prohibited. If you see what you believe to be racist behavior, please ALERT it and do NOT play "thread cop" by labeling other members or otherwise disrupting discussion.

If anyone disagrees or has any questions or comments about anything I've posted here, please send me a U2U. Do NOT argue with a moderator in-thread, as that can lead to a post ban.

Threads like these can either crash and burn in a tedious orgy of finger-pointing or lead to unexpected insights and understanding. Let's aim for the latter and avoid the former.

As always, thanks to everyone who didn't need to be reminded.

edit on 8/5/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

Hey!! Somehow that sounds racially motivated. Read the T and C. Oh That IS the T and C.

I've read every post so far. You probably chimed in at a good time. So far,it could almost have gotten out of hand.

There's a LOT of people of people that resent being called a racist when there are different races involved in a discussion.
If this were to happen in white suburb's,we would say "those spoiled white kids,where's their parents?"
If it happens in a poor black community "we did it to them,we gave them every chance to be better citizens,and we failed them,where's their parents"

When someone won't go to a State Fair because of racially charged fighting,Someone says why let fear control you? Ummm How about safety?

Now,to reassure evryones safety,they'll pay to have extra uniformed cops on duty.
When the city gets the bill,evryone will say..We didn't want to pay for THAT much safety.

I'd stay home,play Xbox,BUY a cotton candy machine,spin my kids in a circle until they're dizzy,and beat the little tykes on xbox while their heads are still spinning.

It's tough out there I tell ya.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

I can't say I quite agree with all you said. Most blacks don't go to crappy schools with crappy teachers and crappy books as you state. Most attend schools which are racially mixed. These kids still struggle to read even when taught by the same (sometimes black) teacher as the white kids. They still get into more incidents with the law. They still underperform as to their abilities. They learned from parents that life was never going to be even and whites would always win, so they give up without trying. Maybe 1/10th of the black kids I work with actually shows some work ethic. We need to be teaching them they can succeed with effort. Instead, and I quote from one of my students, "School is a white person's institution and I want none of it." You could have a new building with gold faucets in the lavatories, MIT professors, and give each kid a new PC, but with that attitude it's not going to help. Slavery taught the blacks to slack as a survival method and a way to save face and get back at the white authority figures. We have to unteach this trait before they will ever be on an even playing field. The whites can't give the blacks self esteem and equality if a person doesn't have self esteem or feel equal. All the govt programs in the world and free money aren't going to change that.
edit on 5-8-2011 by mjfromga because: grammar

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Well,

When the zit finally pops and you realize that blacks and whites have more in common than they have uncommon and that when you ignore their plight, you suffer along with them, then maybe you will stop with the taking sides crap whenever someone posts a story like this. Ask yourself why was this posted in the first place. In any event, you will see very very very soon just how interdependent both blacks and whites are in this country.

Very soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Sure we are ALL interdependant. But if authorities are that intent on keeping law and order - like they say they are - they will quit turning over every leaf looking for extremism in oathkeepers or Ron Paul supporters or Christians or whatever else group it is they keep demonizing - and they will go after

A ***LARGE*** GROUP OF PEOPLE GANGING TOGETHER AND BREAKING THE LAW AND HURTING PEOPLE

Duh?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I sure hope I wasn't violating any rules. This subject sure gets people riled up though.

I just hate what's happening to us and when I think we might start learning how to have peace with one another , this happens and everyone is back in their little made up corner talking stupid again.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Damn thats crazy, I woulda pulled out my 380 and started busting at all of them watch them scatter like chickens

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

One has to wonder how innocent the so called innocent were to merit such an act. I have seen similar almosts in other race groups. Sometimes, nobody's innocent.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This violent act by these young people only hurts the African American community. They're shooting themselves in the foot. This just causes more whites to stereotype African Americans as being violent. It's just amazing that young African Americans can't understand the suffering and strides their ancestors went through during slavery and the civil rights era. They should be focused on improving their image rather than causing Caucasians and other cultures to revert back to being racist against the black race.

Unfortunately we'll always have racism on both sides, but it sets us back years and hurts the civility of humanity when violence is used against another race based upon the color of their skin.

This reminds me of the flash mobs that enter stores and rob the store in full view of the general public. The trend for crimes like this is really showing the violent tendencies and the disrespect for people by today's young generation. What is this world coming to?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think perhaps we should be asking..."Parents, do you know what your teen is doing tonight?" And people get on my case because I'm always complaining about the dumb ass parents in this country.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

That's right. Blame the victims. Sheesh!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join