It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by wcitizen

I disagree.

We are divided...NOT by race. That concept is so easy to foist upon the populace. The divide is producers (taxpayers) vs. those (who 'take'--and have been raised with the thought they are 'entitled' to take...a welfare babymama or a tax, tax, tax pol. Same difference.)

That's following the exact line the government want you to follow - it is about creating divisions in society. It is NOT those on entitlement who are the problem. What is spent on entitlement is a drop in the ocean. The problem is the corrupt banksters, politicians and judiciary. The Fed Res is the largest crime headquarters on earth - and is perpetuating massive fraud. THAT is the problem TPTB don't want you to focus on, so they use their MSM to demonise those on entitlement who are not the problem at all.

Virtually every word which comes out of the mouths of these politicians are lies construed to deceive the public and protect their own crimes.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Cuervo

Ummm, the majority of the US Army are....BLACK...

Not even close dude. Only 13.5%!

In fact the last I heard from THAT angle was that there weren't enough AmAfs enlisted to show a proportionate promotion rate. In more simple terms, too many black boys are staying home and out of the wars so that the only group available for promotions are predominantly white, which of course is a problem...off topic I know but that was just a silly thing to say...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This has turned into an attack and an excuses thread... You can site all of the reasons these youths would have done this..... But, imagine if this had been a gang of white kids running car to car PULLING PEOPLE FROM THEIR CARS, simply for being black... Do you understand the outrage that would be taking place right now?

The whole country falls victim to some of the same mentality as the black youth that feel they are being held back.. Their lifestyle and poor choices are the major contributor to their social failure. There are re-vocational programs that are set up to help these impoverished youths succeed. BUT, very few actually follow through, they abuse the system just like they have watched their parents... So they are impoverished youth that rely on drugs and crime to get "Dat Bling" --- Living that lifestyle, they are striving to be ghetto famous. This usually involves violence at all levels..

This brings us right to the fair.. A large group goes into the fair.. Then decide to chase after white families?? Heck anyone white was a target.... REALLY? If I felt my kids were in danger, I would have simply plowed them down shooting any clingers.. This is beyond your little social excuses... This was violent thug mentality, racist riot.. Grab "whitey" We are BAD we are going to fight 1 man with 50... That's real tough.. Bunch of punks!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I can only say that I think you are misreading me. I don't believe there will be a race war. I believe there will be a war against the poor but the rich will garner support from white people by using racism to have white people defend the rich.

It's the same way they fool poor people into defending corporate capitalism and into thinking that ultra-wealthy people are "job creators" who need more money.

Why do you think a bunch of old white dudes created the gangster hiphop culture to begin with? It certainly wasn't to garner respect for black youth.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I find it interesting how this sort of thing never happens in states with liberal gun laws...
These dumb punks keep pushing this crap and they will get what's coming to them eventually even in states with restrictive gun laws...

link   

link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

Oh goody! You found an example of white racism.
Racism exists everywhere, in every race, on every continent. What is the point of this one story?

Oh wait!!! I get it now. Those black teens were running around beating white people so that this girl could be valedictorian! It all makes so much sense now. It is completely justified.

I found an (one) example? I could fill up pages of it but that is not the point. I was responding to the poster that said stay in school and get educated. We try but be still cannot get a fair shake. Kymberly had the highest GPA in her school but she had to share the honor with a lower scoring white person. The school system never had split honors before-just when the valedictorian was black. How do you explain it? Violence is never justified. But think how your would feel if no matter how hard you tried, you still got kicked in the teeth.

See, here is the problem... "We try but we still cannot get a fair shake." What does that mean? The world is not fair. No one is entitled to fairness. I'm white and I'm not treated fairly. I had to pay my way through college and you want to know something? Because I was a white male, I wasn't eligible for most of the government programs that are available to minorities - is that fair?

And you know what else? I work my ass off every single day and STILL get kicked in the teeth every single day. It's not fair. But "fairness" doesn't exist anywhere in the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Maybe because they did not grow up in a world that is fair and just, maybe because they are a suspect just for walking into a store, maybe because they have less chance of success than their white counterparts, maybe because they are tired of being racially profiled,

Then maybe they should stop randomly attacking white people.

Maybe they should concentrate on getting an education, and staying out of trouble so they have a chance at a decent future.

Maybe they should stop idolizing gang culture.

They should definitely stop listening to the people who claim that being black is a handicap in the U.S..

They should start believing in themselves, and their abilities to succeed in the U.S.. If you can't make it in the U.S., you can't make it anywhere.

The people who put out these garbage lame excuses need to stop spreading such lies. You people are the heart of the problem.

I never beat up a white person, I am college educated, I do not think gansta rappers are heroes, I have never been in jail. I just get fed up listening to people saying that the reasons that black people face so many hardships is their own fault. I agree some of it is, some of it is not, Some racism is this country is institutional and deliberate and ongoing. Anyone with eyes has to admit this. Most black people are just as hardworking as any other race, just as driven to succeed and want as much as any other race for our children to succeed, be educated and to be happy. It bothers us just as much as anyone else to hear stories like this.

link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Of course there are no "California Ghettos" in Wisconsin, just like there are no "Wisconsin ghettos" in Michigan.
Maybe you have never been to Milwaukee mainly in the north central area???

link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Good point.

I mean, they have to be pretty dang organized. Or someone is doing something to make sure they are organized without them even realizing they are being used as tools somehow.

You might have something here.

Who likes to spread the anit-white, hate America, and Western culture propaganda

Islam.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If this behavior bothers decent blacks then why don't they do anything about it?

Why do they encourage that rap crap and the ghetto clothing?

I don't buy that it bothers black adults.

If it did they would address the problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I never beat up a white person, I am college educated, I do not think gansta rappers are heroes, I have never been in jail. I just get fed up listening to people saying that the reasons that black people face so many hardships is their own fault. I agree some of it is, some of it is not, Some racism is this country is institutional and deliberate and ongoing. Anyone with eyes has to admit this. Most black people are just as hardworking as any other race, just as driven to succeed and want as much as any other race for our children to succeed, be educated and to be happy. It bothers us just as much as anyone else to hear stories like this.

That is refreshing to hear. Of course there are very upstanding african americans just as there are racist white trash thugs. Hasty Generalizations and stereotypes aside, most of a person's lot in life is based on decisions they make. Circumstances may shape those decisions and require one to work harder to achieve their goals, but the bigger question is: Are those goals in line with societal norms? Sadly, as others have pointed out, in the inner city, they are usually not. To be clear... I am not talking about African Americans as a race. I am referring to inner-city african americans as a culture.

link   
reply to post by nunya13

Who cares why its happening? Its happening and the best we can do is shield ourselves from it.

I grew up in the inner city of a rough East Coast city. A city that has historically been in the top 20 of most violent cities in the country. In the early 70s, you could walk anywhere you wanted to in that city, no problem regardless of what color you were. My schools were majority minority at that point and there was never a problem with racial violence.

You know why? Because if some kid(s) beat up another kid, white or black their FATHERS would kick the crap out of them. If the police came, they knew that all they needed to do was take them home and their FATHERS would take care of the punishment and that would be far more severe than anything they would dish out. I can't tell you how many times a black friend's father gave me a talking to or noticed I was upset or down, pulled me aside and chatted with me - as a father figure, as a friend, as a man to be respected in the community. Or how many times I knocked on the door unannounced and watched a ball game at a black friends house or vice versa.

The system, the Great Society, the War on Poverty destroyed inner city families. Marriage and relationships are hard. One of the things that keeps them together is the need for shared economic support. When you hand someone money that requires no work, why bother working to maintain a relationship? The value of men in inner city societies as real men has been destroyed. Men who work, regardless of how fun it is, men who stick by their wives, men who are in their children's lives and do the hard work of parenting has absolutely been destroyed by the welfare state. Boys need positive men in their lives to become young men, period. You want to understand what is happening in today's inner cities, read Lord of the Flies by William Golding.

In the 1950s the rates of divorce for black families were lower than white families. Today over 70% of black kids are born to unwed mothers. There in lies the problem and there is no amount of government program that is going to correct it. If it is corrected and frankly I don't see how that is possible, it will be corrected one family at a time.

Again, who cares why its happening? Look at demographic trends in the US. Folks of all races have been voting with their feet for decades. The more that happens the fewer functional families live in those communities and the worse it gets. It is not going to get any better.

link   

Oh goody! You found an example of white racism.
Racism exists everywhere, in every race, on every continent. What is the point of this one story?

Oh wait!!! I get it now. Those black teens were running around beating white people so that this girl could be valedictorian! It all makes so much sense now. It is completely justified.

I found an (one) example? I could fill up pages of it but that is not the point. I was responding to the poster that said stay in school and get educated. We try but be still cannot get a fair shake. Kymberly had the highest GPA in her school but she had to share the honor with a lower scoring white person. The school system never had split honors before-just when the valedictorian was black. How do you explain it? Violence is never justified. But think how your would feel if no matter how hard you tried, you still got kicked in the teeth.

See, here is the problem... "We try but we still cannot get a fair shake." What does that mean? The world is not fair. No one is entitled to fairness. I'm white and I'm not treated fairly. I had to pay my way through college and you want to know something? Because I was a white male, I wasn't eligible for most of the government programs that are available to minorities - is that fair?

And you know what else? I work my ass off every single day and STILL get kicked in the teeth every single day. It's not fair. But "fairness" doesn't exist anywhere in the world.

I am saying that they changed the rules to exclude her. The rules for valedictorian are that the highest GPA wins. She had the highest GPA and still did not win. I am aware that the world is not fair and I am sorry for anyone that is subject to this kind of behavior. I am a black person and by your reckoning I should have had my education paid for by the government. I and my Dad paid for my education by working just like you did. I think it is messed up that things are the way we are- the hate, the violence, the lack of empathy and compassion. I keep hoping that sooner than later we all realize that we are all human and learn to start loving and respecting each other.
edit on 5-8-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Why do you think a bunch of old white dudes created the gangster hiphop culture to begin with? It certainly wasn't to garner respect for black youth.

Global innovationsThough created in the United States by African-Americans (some with Jamaican heritage), hip hop culture and music is now global in scope. The Middle East, Africa, Canada, France, Germany, the U.K., Australia, the Netherlands, and the Caribbean have long-established hip hop followings. According to the U.S. Department of State, hip hop is "now the center of a mega music and fashion industry around the world," that crosses social barriers and cuts across racial lines.[35] National Geographic recognizes hip hop as "the world's favorite youth culture" in which "just about every country on the planet seems to have developed its own local rap scene."[36] Through its international travels, hip hop is now considered a “global musical epidemic,”[37] and has diverged from its ethnic roots by way of globalization and localization.

Jamaican born DJ Clive "Kool Herc" Campbell is credited as being highly influential in the pioneering stage of hip hop music,[13] in the Bronx, after moving to New York at the age of thirteen. Herc created the blueprint for hip hop music and culture by building upon the Jamaican tradition of toasting—impromptu, boastful poetry and speech over music—which he witnessed as a youth in Jamaica.

Herc and other DJs would tap into the power lines to connect their equipment and perform at venues such as public basketball courts and at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue, Bronx, New York, a historic building "where hip hop was born".[15] Their equipment was composed of numerous speakers, turntables, and one or more microphones.[16] By using this technique DJs could create a variety of music. According to Rap Attack by David Toop “At its worst the technique could turn the night into one endless and inevitably boring song” (12).[17] In late 1979, Debbie Harry of Blondie took Nile Rodgers of Chic to such an event, as the main backing track used was the break from Chic's "Good Times".[18]]

en.wikipedia.org...

I am still trying to find where it says that "white dudes" invented hip-hop.......Can you show me?........

Of course the record industry wanted in when the found out that it will sell. It is all about the money.........

I have read most of your comments and I can truly say that you are confused and possibly a little biased in your opinions....... Imagine that

ETA: Oh, and I am white and I really do not like hip hop. I am a metal head.....
edit on 5-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

If this behavior bothers decent blacks then why don't they do anything about it?

Why do they encourage that rap crap and the ghetto clothing?

I don't buy that it bothers black adults.

If it did they would address the problem.

A gentleman by the name of Bill Cosby tried that once and the black community basically disowned him. He was called an "Uncle Tom", "Whitey Lover" etc... So, how can a community correct its ills when one of it's own cannot even speak the truth?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Well, now we know where the garbage originated.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join