It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's ATS's Opinion on RT news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just discovered them as a source to get news. From what I've seen so far I like it but I was wondering for the people more familar with it, is it any good for news? Or is it just another corrupt organization.

For those who don't know:

rt.com...

How I found them:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Sounds like something I've heard of before.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I actually like their reporting. They don't lie nearly as often as US networks, and they cover some interesting subjects that would be taboo on US MSM TV.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I like them as a source.

Its always interesting to hear the news from the perspective of another country and they have a lot of hot chick news corrospondents, always a plus in my book.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah I like RT more than MSM as well.

I have heard a few people on ATS say that RT was controlled by the Russian media, and has a secret communist agenda
. To which I say BS

No evidence supports the above allegations. RT continues to be the most balanced news source I have seen.

Thom Hartman can be a little extreme sometimes, but he does a good job of getting good people to debate.

I love Crosstalk, very balanced and intelligent debate.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
RT news is awsome in my opinion, I hav found them to be invasive on issues the msm doesn't even touch with a 40ft pole. They have one correspondent featured in the video post above to whom I find to be a "Glen Beck" persona for the left wing agenda and I don't like as its not objective news at all. The Alyona show is my favorite by far she is to the point and has great interviews( also looks fantastic
).

As RT is in Russia and I can only assume has the agenda of "winning the news war" which the North American viewing audience is in they are doing a good job. They have had programs openly exposing the Federal Reserve , Builderbergs, Bohemian Grove, Obama's totalitarian form. Hope you can find way to enjoy it I just hope that agenda doesn't change as I don't know who owns RT and their affiliates.
edit on 2-8-2011 by tonyinawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Look at it this way: sure they provide a different perspective but it's most definitely skewed. The name of the company should make that an obvious point. I love RT but don't throw in all your chips on it. It was started by funding from the Russian government and is beholden to it's interests. As long as you see it for what it is, you can separate the news from the propaganda. It's very subtle but it's most definitely there. Anyone can see this.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Its important to avoid the opinions of fellow ATS users and form your own based on facts.

Russia Today = USA Today. Its a public/global source so they have to stay close to the facts like any other agency trying to make it out there. The challenge is to find any agency without a slant.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
Look at it this way: sure they provide a different perspective but it's most definitely skewed. The name of the company should make that an obvious point. I love RT but don't throw in all your chips on it. It was started by funding from the Russian government and is beholden to it's interests. As long as you see it for what it is, you can separate the news from the propaganda. It's very subtle but it's most definitely there. Anyone can see this.

agreed it's propaganda, but for the masses that seem to only be swayed by propaganda it's certainly better then fox news and nbc, honestly though i think theres some rich ass russian whose bored #less of his money, realized how #ed the world is and decided # ill take one for the team and decided that he'd take hold of the oppurtunity to blow it all out in the open while TPTB are scrambling trying to put the finishing touches on there master plan, and seeing how this is also russian gov't funded i cant be anything but happy.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Way better than any US msm outlet.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I like RT alot, especially the women reporters! dang they are hot!

I subscribe to RTAmerica, and Russia Today on youtube...

I would admit its somewhat biased against america, but its still good points I think... stuff our media is afraid to talk about...

Plus they have Gerald Celente on often, and Max Keisers show is always good

new topics

top topics

join