It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think "The Rich" Aren't Paying There Fair Share"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
if the uber rich and corporations have it so rough how bout we all pay a flat tax? everyone! every corporation ,every business .every politician. no deductions. no exceptions and no other taxes.

earn one dollar pay x% tax no math beyond that no forms no overly complex laws or loop holes. that way if someone/thing bribes or controls our government the only way to lower their taxes is to lower everyones equaly like our constitution prefers.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you think the wealthy are paying their fair share of taxes (and I also mean wealthy as in corporations) then you haven't done your homework

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen3273676

How about we just enforce the tax laws we already have and close all the loopholes? And don't tell me about trickle down theory. It's proven to be BS

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
let us not forget that neo has previously said that 'all' taxes are theft.

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

yeah all taxes are theft considering the congress are only who ones who creates them and raises them and who tells who can get out of them are theft.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

I think this is the most sensible solution. No particular industry should get special treatment. Oil companies, hedge fund managers, Starbucks, and hot dog cart owners should all be treated the same.

I am not one of those people that think the Internal Revenue code should be less than ten pages long, but it could be less than four telephone book sized volumes by eliminating all the "special treatment" provisions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

The problem with this graph is that it does not say how "income" is measured. I know of individuals who consistently have millions of dollars flowing into their bank accounts who have very little "income" for tax purposes.
A CPA friend of mine told me he had one client with multiple houses and yachts who made reported an income of $9000 this year on his tax return. This person ended up getting a few thousand dollars back on his return. (Like he needed it!)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
ok people if you really want to help people

get rid of the federal reserve and end the devaulation of the dollar

raising taxes is putting lipstick on a pig

lets say a person in 1960 was receiving 100 on either welfare or social security

that 100 dollars would be equivilent to $762.57 today

that same person in 1960 getting $1000 bucks a month would be getting $7,625.74 per month in todays dollars

edit on 31-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
fun facts for ats readership

according to the huffington post the number of billionaires numbers at a staggering 396 yep three hundred and ninety

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=1_United_States

millionaires are at a staggering 8,4 million americans so lets round that up to and even 9 million

money.cnn.com...

so tax increases on 9 million people to pay for how many millions of americans again?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Say you want the poor to pay just as much as people with lots of money?

So person who makes 10,000k a year gets taxed 35%?
A person who makes 1,000,000 a year gets taxed 35%?

Now add all the taxes one pays (sales) again who is hit the hardest?

GOP wants to make USA into a 3rd world hell hole.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

so tax increases on 9 million people to pay for how many millions of americans again?

Who is paying for who now? I am neither a billionaire or a millionaire and I pay a ton of taxes so I would love for you to explain to me who is paying my share and how much they are paying towards it. You mention the people that get away with paying less taxes than the rest of us and claim they are picking up the tab? Yeah, I should probably pay far more gas taxes to cover my fleet of trucks that damage the roads because most middle class people like me use just as much infrastructure as the average millionaire.

So just tell me who is paying for me and how much they are paying so I can hurry up and cut them a check.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"so tell me [again] who isnt paying their fair share?" Well, when "the rich" pay little to zero taxes, then they aren't paying their "fair share", especially if they take advantage of every take loophole possible.

What I don't like are "the rich" keeping whatever they earned (assuming dollars) locked away in their "vaults". That wealth needs to be lanced like a festering pus and "spread liberally" like butter on bread to feed the hungry.

So perhaps a nice FLAT TAX could be implemented to keep things "fair". It's already hard on "common people" to pay taxes.

After all, what is wealth if you can't share? And by that, I mean open up shop(s) and hire people. You can't "spread the wealth" by giving free money/handouts to the lazy, able-bodied, fat and happy subjects, err, citizens and expect them to be motivated in life.

Remember, it's not nice to hoard "money" whatever form.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by searching411

My guess is that you only think that you are rich..The rich we are talking about is not $500,00 a year or even a million per year..those "rich" people are just like me..one disease or accident away from homelessness.. Insurance drops you and you pay $120,000 per month in medical bills..won't take long until you are on the street. One thousand pardons if you are a billionaire.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Sorry, but as others have stated this thought experiment is severely flawed. The taxes you would pay on a large lump sum from winning the lottery are MUCH different than the taxes you would pay on an income with proper deductions and management. How you could possibly think these two things are equivalent is frankly astonishing.

That said, the top 5% already account for over half the income tax in the country. Though they also have well over half the wealth, so take that for what it's worth.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Akasirus because: Additional Clarification

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
lol, a rich sympathiser thread. Goddamnit.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by atomicn
reply to post by neo96

Say you want the poor to pay just as much as people with lots of money?

So person who makes 10,000k a year gets taxed 35%?
A person who makes 1,000,000 a year gets taxed 35%?

Now add all the taxes one pays (sales) again who is hit the hardest?

GOP wants to make USA into a 3rd world hell hole.

So not only do you want wealthy people to pay their 'fair share' of the pie, you also want them to pick up the slack for the poor people? People who are that poor would be exempt from taxes anyways. Otherwise they can contribute like the rest of us.

Honestly, there is not fair share unless it's an equal percentage, in my opinion. The top 5% in terms of income already pay over 50% of the taxes. You want to bump that up to 80%?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

Do you really believe that the CEO of Exxon uses that same percentage of tax funded rewards that the US offers? Do I get the same police protection? Infrastructure use? Is it proportional even? How about political influence?

I would dare suggest that the richest corporate shills enjoy far more of the tax funded country than the average person does and therefor, yes they should pay THEIR fair share.

These people got where they are because they managed to accumulate more wealth by more efficiently utilizing benefits available to all of us? I must keep forgetting those no-bid military contracts I get handed. Maybe my factory pollutes too much and my trucks tear up the road too much? Maybe the military is overseas fighting for my best interests? Or maybe I am just an average middle class person who is not enjoying nearly the benefits of the US that the most rich among us are. Yes, when you get more and better service, you should do something more and better to earn it. Should anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JustinSee

Hi,

I think you usually are ok to listen to but that post you just made was simply just idiotic.

"All rich are evil etc etc" Why do you think that? - Lol man you are just jalous.

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

so i hear that all the time on this board and i offer the something to ponder and i am going to use the lottery to either prove or disprove the urban myth.

everyone has heard of the powerball its projected jackpot tonite is $133,000 dollars

so if you take the cash option which is $69,800,000 that what you get right?

well not so fast after federal and state taxes you lose half that which leaves you with around $34,450,000 million dollars after taxes.

over $30 million in taxes before you ever see a dime.

so tell me agian who isnt paying their fair share?
edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Sure, i'll tell who. The rich,

Firstly, the taxes on won money are higher than earned money. Secondly, the rich have in place a tax break to lessen their taxes.

But lets say all taxes are flat taxes AND that everyone's equal AND let's go so far as to say its enormously high like 50%.

I make 1 million dollars. After taxes, I have 500,000 dollars. Boo hoo, i can't buy that mansion till next year.
You make 20,000 dollars. After taxes you have 10,000 dollars. Hmm, can't put the kids through college or afford healthcare.

Frankly, I don't shed a bloody tear for the rich.

But lets also note that YOUR taxes pay for giant-sized subsidies to oil companies who made record billions this year, the most billions they've ever made. yeah, they need a tax break AND our tax dollars while WE get told by the GOP that WE'RE feeling unfairly entitled.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
To be honest...the people that aren't 'paying their fair share' are those: not working, living off welfare/unemployedsoaking the system, that thinks the 'system' owes them something. This is just ANOTHER example of people that ARE paying their 'fair share', getting reamed; and people that aren't doing ANYTHING, getting freebies. And you wonder why the big companies are leaving, to go elsewhere? Really???

Maybe, what you need to do, is cut off those food stamps and government cheese, and FORCE people to work! Do something other than sitting on your arse all day, while other people are busting their hump to feed your sorry arse! WORK! Since the government and companies are paying these spongers...they might as well get their money's worth. There's roads that need to be fixed, and garbage that needs to be picked up; and communiies that need rebuilding. You want free food and free money, EARN IT!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Oh, and all those people in prison, gettin' free room and board....time to work the chain gang! "Swing lo, sweat chariot!"

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
To be honest...the people that aren't 'paying their fair share' are those: not working, living off welfare/unemployedsoaking the system, that thinks the 'system' owes them something.

Now all you have to do is back that up. Show me all the welfare recipients that got billion dollar tax refunds like GE did. Can you show me one? Yes, lots of people get away without paying all the taxes they should. I am more than willing to believe those people are only the poor as soon as someone can back that up. When I was poor, nothing I did got subsidized. Not my billion dollar farms, not my oil wells, not my R&D department. I actually had to find a way to pay for all the stuff I needed and or wanted on my own AND pay taxes. When we see giant corporations and the richest clearing enjoying tax havens not available to the common man these cries that the people not paying their fair share are the ones with nothing to pay get tired and old.

One of you just needs to show that the people not paying taxes are only the poor because it has already been more than proven that is how it works for so many of the rich.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join