It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or what but I think you come across as absolutely out of your mind.

Your idea of a controlled world is not everyone's and thus you are imposing on others' free will.

I think we have a serious difference in outlook on life.

But thanks for admitting that you are obsessed with controlling and dominating the planet and everything in it. Does it make you feel good about yourself? Compensating for anything?

I think you are more excited about the power than about doing any good.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Dan Miller - A Really Inconvenient Truth (2009)

I often refer to this presentation for a simple look at the big picture, but this thread has me thinking now. Just how much of this presentation is true? And what isn't?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
NASA says more heat is escaping into space. Every summer the heat waves get longer in duration and at higher temps. If global warming is just a myth then where is all this excess heat coming from?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
carbon dioxide is only 1 greenhouse gas. methane is far more potent, and humans are responsible for 60% of it. the planet is getting warmer, and the sun is in a HISTORICALLY WEAK CYCLE.

professor muller, a global warming skeptic and gore basher, was hired by the republicans to testify in front of congress that global warming is a myth, and that the data collected is cherry picked and from unreliable stations. he eliminated all but the highest quality stations, and did a massive random data crunch

much to the republicans chagrin, he corroborated prior studies in his testimony before congress that;

the planet is getting warmer and
the rate of the increase dove tails with post industrial timeframe

this data is actually frightening if you think about that

if the nasa data shows the models were inaccurate but the planet is still getting warmer, and the sun is in a weak cycle.......when the sun gets more intense, we're screwed, plain and simple

currents will stop or change, and many coastline will dramatically change, and some locations will experience an ice age

it may feel good to demonize gore and sluugh this off as a conspiracy, but it feels better to actually fight the ignorance surrounding the issue, raise awareness and make changes in how you live your life for the good of mother

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
NASA says more heat is escaping into space. Every summer the heat waves get longer in duration and at higher temps. If global warming is just a myth then where is all this excess heat coming from?

This makes too much sense to be considered a valid argument.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What happens now with the victims of Carbon Credits in other parts of the world? Let's not forget that Obama nearly put Cap and Trade in effect by Presidential Order which would have caused a massive rise in unemployment and made the Chicago Carbon Exchange fabulously wealthy along with Gore. Food would have skyrocketed in price along with the cost of energy.

But then hey, they are always reminding us they are Harvard Brats who know all and see all.

I wonder how much the scientists involved got in research money based on false models and data? Plenty I'll bet.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Anyone and everyone who has not based their opinion around one video (Al Gore) knows that the entire Solar System is warming up, but only because of the 11 year sun cycle. It's entering it's most active phase btw.

Also, Why has no one accounted for residual heat sources? Such as Roads, Black tops for parking, Houses with black shingles.

I'm in the North East.

This past winter was the most snow I've seen in my life time. Yet after a sunny day, even if the roads are still covered in snow, any area which has black is significantly warmer then all surrounding areas.

Apply the above when it's the dead of summer.

So what if, at night, it's 72 degrees with a due point and humidity of 51. During the day it could have been 100.
The residual heat left over on the black tops is a main source of "global warming".

Black tops is the reason major city's have a 15 to 25 degree difference then it's surrounding rural areas.

My point is even when it is minus 20 out, all black tops will be 15 to 20 degrees warmer. Same goes for black tops in the summer and I believe black tops to be the main source of global warming.

Al Gore is a farce.
edit on 28-7-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Where were all of the record lows coming from this winter?

Global average temperatures are what we are really trying to measure, here. The task is a hell of a lot more troublesome than you would first think. For starters - you have a complete lack of controls on the temperature stations used to report temperatures. There are plenty of pictures out there showing just where some of these things are located (right next to power transformers, above heat exchangers for the HVAC system, exposed to direct sunlight, in some hole near the garbage bin, etc). Further - an increasing number of these are located in cities - where local temperatures are often made quite warmer in the daylight hours due to concrete and steel being an excellent converter of sunlight into heat.

Compensating for these factors is impossible without an accurate reference - which has never really been done to an extent that can satisfy the usage of this data. Even more important is the fact that this is even more difficult to compare to previous decades - weather stations go in an out of service and increase/decrease in number depending upon any number of factors. Considering urbanization has been on the increase with human population - it can only be deduced that the number of weather stations would increase - which complicates comparisons to previous decades with fewer stations over a geographic region.

To this effect - the temperature records we have are good for what we generally use them for - weather predictions for a few days in advance and hazard awareness (heat/cold/spinning whirl of death). However, to use them to try and prove that the global average temperature has changed by fractions of a degree over the past decade or five is simply well outside the margin of error for the data. Attempting to draw that kind of conclusion from the data is simply irresponsible.

Further - there is the raw concept of statistics that states you will see variances from the statistical average within a small sample group. Taking the global average temperature for each day and graphing that over 10 years would give you a pretty chaotic looking graph. Taking that same graph and using the global average temperature for the quarter would tame things out a bit. Reducing that further to a years' resolution, or even a decade's resolution (plotted over 100 years) would make any trends appear to be nice and gentle. However, at any time, were you to compare the low-res graph to a high-res graph showing daily/quarterly averages, the graph would become a flurry of up-and-down zigzags that float around your low-res graph's trends.

As for the most obvious answer - all of the heat we have comes from the sun and tidal forces acting upon the planet. All of the energy - chemical or otherwise - comes from (or has come from and been stored) the sun and our planet's relationship with it. Barring events like asteroid impacts and other uncommon/irrelevant factors (such as starlight).

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

so now we believe nasa?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Humans play a part just like bacteria and kangaroos. Its just nothing at all like you think.

kangeroos don't clear cut forests, nor practice mountain top coal removal, nor strip mining, nor do they drive any of the 49,886,549 cars that emit a rather dangerous exhaust, nor do they operate any of the the 1000s of coal burning power plants... etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
carbon dioxide is only 1 greenhouse gas. methane is far more potent, and humans are responsible for 60% of it. the planet is getting warmer, and the sun is in a HISTORICALLY WEAK CYCLE.

professor muller, a global warming skeptic and gore basher, was hired by the republicans to testify in front of congress that global warming is a myth, and that the data collected is cherry picked and from unreliable stations. he eliminated all but the highest quality stations, and did a massive random data crunch

much to the republicans chagrin, he corroborated prior studies in his testimony before congress that;

the planet is getting warmer and
the rate of the increase dove tails with post industrial timeframe

this data is actually frightening if you think about that

if the nasa data shows the models were inaccurate but the planet is still getting warmer, and the sun is in a weak cycle.......when the sun gets more intense, we're screwed, plain and simple

currents will stop or change, and many coastline will dramatically change, and some locations will experience an ice age

it may feel good to demonize gore and sluugh this off as a conspiracy, but it feels better to actually fight the ignorance surrounding the issue, raise awareness and make changes in how you live your life for the good of mother

Well, you have definitely been drinking 'ol Al's secret sauce.
There is no global warming pure and simple. The Sun is not in a weak cycle, it has just been mostly absent
of Sunspots. CO2 is good.. helps plants grow and make more O2. The carbon trading scam is just that, a scam designed to line the pockets of Al and his cronies with the assistance of people who they have scared into believing we are destroying the planet. What a load of #!%* !!

Every human being on Earth will fit in a "box" ONE mile on a side with more than 15% left over space and somebody is stupid enough to say that we are causing the atmosphere to heat up... gimme a break!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I take what NASA says with many, many grains of salt.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
We'll both be dust before any of the doomsday scenarios you propose come to pass, so in the meantime I'll just try to treat my fellow man the way I would expect to be treated. When someone says they want to control nature, I get very, very skeptical.

Ya, see, thats the difference between you and I

I see myself as part of the species of man, and I am alive so long as mankind is alive...I personally may die tomorrow, that doesn't mean don't bother planting a tree today so to speak so others may enjoy it.

Its not about just securing the 4 score I have on earth, its about helping build a foundation so later generations, long after I am dust, have something to build on. the every man for themselves attitude sickens me and is the cause of every single issue we have today...its a virus mentality of consume and destroy with no thought of consequence.

and I don't even have kids, nor plan on having any, yet I do care about what future generations inherit from us..if only to be judged as somewhat sane by our legacy...granted, this will be considered the time of insanity and this general era will be judged pretty harshly, but hopefully some of the things we do ensures that there will be future generations to bitch at us.

link   
The only hot air around here is coming from al gores mouth. There i said it.

link   
Let me get something straight here.

"I'm super cereal guys!"

This is just a natrual process,like it or not.
Climate changes arent the same repeating cycle like everyone seems to think,because the cycles are always different,they are unique.
It might be simlular or very simular,but its never the same.its impossible because we live in a random world where nothing is perfect.
Anyone that thinks we are going through the cycles exactly the same as we have been through before is mistaken,its false.
We are travelling through space as a solar system,so that means our weather is always new,with different patterns and such.

JuLIAR Gillard,the Australian prime minister says all this about a carbon tax and how its the "right thing to do",when she wants to sell large amounts of coal from Western Australia(the resource state) to China for them to burn as fossils fuels.
So its not alright for a state like Western Australia(where the coal comes from) to burn coal for electricity in Perth because of "global warming",but its alright to sell it all off to China so they can burn it? talk about double standards.They cant be serious,surely.

Dont get me wrong,im all for cleaning our act up,but not with a "global warming" theory and a "carbon tax" that will only cause problems that arent needed and a even more expensive cost of living,its ridiculous and it isnt the answer.Its not even a decent attempt.

You cant half tell that governments arent really serious about man made "global warming" or "climate change",or they wouldnt be doing things like this,obviously they dont even believe it themselves,or know its not true.

Good ideas,unlike bad ones,once proposed,dont need the person that said or anyone else to keep repeating it,it will take its own course if its a good enough idea and if enough people support it.Just like the truth.
It takes effort to sustain lies,unlike the truth.

Cheers

edit on 28-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Every human being on Earth will fit in a "box" ONE mile on a side with more than 15% left over space and somebody is stupid enough to say that we are causing the atmosphere to heat up... gimme a break!

Yeah? You might want to check your math on that... But that's science and you don't seem to trust science...

If you're talking a BOX, then how tall is that box? It's going to have to be pretty tall to contain the volume of every person on the planet.

I'd say that you can probably fit 6 people per square yard... You should be able to do the math from there.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I thought maggie thatcher made up global warming to help her shut down the coal industry in the UK?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or what but I think you come across as absolutely out of your mind.

Your idea of a controlled world is not everyone's and thus you are imposing on others' free will.

I think we have a serious difference in outlook on life.

But thanks for admitting that you are obsessed with controlling and dominating the planet and everything in it. Does it make you feel good about yourself? Compensating for anything?

I think you are more excited about the power than about doing any good.

You realize you use a computer, which runs on energy, coming from powerplants using (most likely) fossile fuels. This in turn is a result of countless wars, raping of lands, etc.
You are no doubt surrounded by plastic, another petrolium product...taking part again in the fueling of a destructive force imposed on the entire earth.

Controlling the weather so people don't die is perhaps one of the least destructive things we could do to the already ravaged environment...I guess the difference is, you were made aware of it verses just in blissful ignorance..much easier to shake your fist at science if you are not already saturated in its destructive propertys for your own personal enjoyment.

I don't see this earth as something we should dominate, I see it as something we already dominated, and are destroying, I propose a new form of control that allows us to reduce both our damage and natural damage over time...this is the path we will absolutely be taking in the future, be it in the next 50 years, or 500 years...it will happen, the only thing you can possibly do is toss a wrench into the works to slow down the progression of science...and that is something I doubt anyone on ATS has the power to do considering this is mostly made up of random no power knuckledraggers...so, just sit back and enjoy the ride...enjoy the internet, all the wonderful plastic crap, and cheer on the human race.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Tree huggers? Enjoy the video.

www.youtube.com...

This always made me grin.

edit on 28-7-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I thought maggie thatcher made up global warming to help her shut down the coal industry in the UK?

Im pretty sure your right on that LvSLoLo.

You realize you use a computer, which runs on energy, coming from powerplants using (most likely) fossile fuels. This in turn is a result of countless wars, raping of lands, etc. You are no doubt surrounded by plastic, another petrolium product...taking part again in the fueling of a destructive force imposed on the entire earth.

Ummm...correct me if im wrong SaturnFX,but i dont think you,or anyone else here on ATS created the use of plastic for materials,or created the use of coal for power/energy,creates wars or raped anyone elses land? did we? Obviously we didnt,so you shouldnt blame a group of people for it.
We are just using whats available to use,simple as that.

Kinda like we have since...i dont know,through the history of our existence maybe?

Thats a pretty silly thing to say.

Tree huggers? Enjoy the video.

I love trees,you got a problem with trees?

edit on 28-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join