It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94484705b971.jpg[/atsimg]

reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted. The new findings are extremely important and should dramatically alter the global warming debate.

In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth's atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space. Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth's atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Well now. Even MORE proof the whole "Global Warming" ordeal is a completely fabricated and/or manufactured LIE. With one heck of a Cast of Characters... from Obama, to the UN, to the "scientific" field and on and on.
All caught with their pants down.... by Facts.

Not hysteria and fear mongering. They should be arrested or at least have their credential in the science field removed. Shame on them.

Go ahead you nay sayers. Lets have it. Try and defend this one. I am sure it will be interesting-as always. And funny.

Wait, I take it back. There has been some documented proof of an increase in the Hot Air about now-a-days..
The source has been tracked down and identified:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ac0fd3b55c0.jpg[/atsimg]

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So now NASA is covering up aliens and global warming...
Kidding

This is great news, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to try and improve our care of the planet. Thanks for sharing S+F

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
Al Gore should be put to sleep.

Amen, like that elderly dog you cannot get rid of. I thought something blew up- it did Gore's crappy theory.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hey, now, we should all listen to Al Gore, he's super cereal! Manbearpig and global warming are real!

Seriously, though, we do need to find better sources of energy on this planet, if not for Gaia herself then for the people.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
said it all along co2 = myth fabricated lie nothing more than a tax on breathing
2nd line

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Global warming is a LIE to increase our taxes to directly fund the overspilling pockets of Governments. This report will most likely be debunked by "mainstream" officials and the NASA dude would mostly likely be sacked or might mysteriously die of unknown causes.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I think you didnt get it... All NASA says is global warming maybe slower then thought.. Not that it was not an issue.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What awesome news! I was worried for awhile that we were the ones causing ice caps to melt and glaciers to disappear. Now we all now it is just coincidence!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by anon72

I think you didnt get it... All NASA says is global warming maybe slower then thought.. Not that it was not an issue.

A valid point and true, but i think the imoprtance of this news is that it debunks the current models and projections bein rammed down our throats as the reason we all need to cut back on carbon use.

Interesting to see where this will lead, if anywhere. Hope the discussion keeps going.

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Remember people they are saying less than expected, I would prefer a bit more detail as to how much. Still it doesnt say anything about global warming being a myth. The thing is we need green energy so it is important we move away from fossil fuels. Co2 and the other gasses surrounding us still need to be cut down even if global warming is one day proven to be a lie. We need alternative energies if we want less polution and to protect the enviroment/our health.
edit on 28-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins
No, you don't get it. Even if the globe is 'warming', mankind isn't responsible. Mother nature's power is such that puny little man can have no effect. Sure, man can pollute a stream, but please don't tell me that we have to tax our industries to combat this so called threat, while countries like India, China, Brazil laugh at us while they produce R-12 and R-22 'round the clock. Global warming will be followed by global cooling, just like it has for millions of years. Find something else to worry about, because this one's beyond your control.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Why do we listen to "experts" as if they have a clue? Especially Weather "experts"?

It's the only job you can be wrong at everyday and still be employed!

It's one of the few jobs we see in action everyday (meteorology). We know they're guess isn't any better than our own and yet breathing is taxable...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So, global warming is a myth, because its proven to be happening, but slower than current models.

I say great, we have more time to develop proper technology...not sure what the thread is about...I am however glad cons are accepting the reality of it and actually looking at the data...perhaps they can help us find the actual rate of warming/destablization verses just denying it is happening...

Welcome on board righties.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
yup, nothing to worry about, all that extra carbon dioxide, and other harmful fumes in our air is no big deal. who needs clean air, when you can bash al gore

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Most of us knew this whole "ahhh we're all gonna die from cow farts" BS was just that.. BS. Of course there is global warming and climate change.. it cyclic and if anyone read anything that wasnt pop culture they would have learned in grade school that weather and changes happened throughout history. If you pay attention to diet changes, different eye witness accounts and etc throughout history that mention weather.. youd see that this has happened over and over. I was shocked that almost no one knew what the "little ice age" was on here a few months ago in a thread! Im sure if that happened today it would completely be blamed on "global warming" concerning big cars and cow feed lots... and backed up with more ham handed data to prove it. Believe me, these days, someone would be making money off of hysteria. I do believe that we contribute to it with out modern lifestyle, but not as was touted as fact by the so-called experts. Certainly not as the alarmists used to try to control every aspect of our lives concerning it and tax us into oblivion for it.
This group of lies, bad data, and BS was making a few folks very rich. Too bad for them the truth surfaced.. as it usually does.

I have always been of the opinion that this earth is too sturdy to be overly influenced by us. Maybe we contribute to natural cycles, but we certainly dont command this planet and sometimes overestimate our power.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
All NASA said is they found new data to take into account... better understanding helps to improve current simulations and make them more accurate.

Nothing more - nothing less.
edit on 28-7-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Not hysteria and fear mongering. They should be arrested or at least have their credential in the science field removed. Shame on them.
I think that's really extreme. They believed in a completely plausible theory backed by manmade causes such as factories or millions of automobiles pumping tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. You have to admit there's at least some evidence backing the theory, so suggesting throwing them in jail or taking away their scientific credentials for being wrong about something is completely insane.

Plus for every study and piece of data that says global warming is a myth, there's another study and another piece of data that says the exact opposite.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If anyone actually went and looked at their charts and data they would see that increasing carbon is a lagging indicator of global warming.

I wonder how many people actually looked up the percentage of Co2 output comes from humans?

How many people are even looking at who Al Gore asked to help design carbon credits? (see former enron employees)

Polar bear alarmist boy also got busted for lying like a politician about his studies.

wildfires, exhaling oxygen breathing creatures, volcanic eruptions, all those have a MUCH greater impact on the C02 content of the earth.

Isn't h20 also responsible for over 70% of greenhouse effect?

Yeah I think people need to start checking the numbers for themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Again, you didnt get it.. The full report also states that in the long run it wont be enough to solve of fix anything.. Same as more co2 is more flora, only temporary relief.

What i find really funny is not one person has looked into the history of "James Tayler"

Well, i have.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join