It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This article is not in a peer reviewed journal, in fact the data is not corroborated at all.

Who is this "scientist" - hes not, this article is taken from a yahoo, which has taken it from a blog, which has taken it from a far right wing conservative think tank (Herritage Foundation), - this "Scientist", has been discredited more frequently than 14th century flat earthers.

Come on guys, you can not use the work of Dr. Roy Spencer and expect anyone to take you even remotely seriously - you might as well dust off Krusty the Clown and roll him out to provide your "Science".

Another absurd thread from the ostriches.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yay!!!
now we can continue polluting the planet and feel great about it!
Yay!!!
now we can continue sending $$$ to saudi arabia, iran, vanezuela and other
repressive, terrorist sponsoring nations!
Yay!!!
now we can continue expanding the trade deficit, destroy jobs and the economy!

wow! this is a Republican's dream world.
continue keeping all the power in the hands of a few multinational
oil companies who can raise or lower prices at their whim!

naturally, it makes no sense at all to you anti-GW intellectuals that we
are destroying the planet by liberating 600 million years of stored carbon in
a few centuries.

how we can possibly NOT revert to a tropical paleoclimate by releasing many
gigatons of paleolithic co2 in the air is inconceivable... inconceivable only to those
who stand to gain the most (exxon mobil, shell, conoco, etc) and to those
weak minded enough to believe the preposterous.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Pretty interesting video, reminds me of a cross between native america and druidic style ceremonys (weep for mother earth stuff).

I think its pretty natural to walk to a once lush forest, see all the trees hacked away and feel both anger and sadness over it, but ya, taking it a bit far to literally cry for the odd downed tree...but then again, I was never into religion.

As far as their philosophies overall, I couldn't feel any less identified by them, they are rejecting modern world, whereas I am a futurist...I quite like nature, but I don't plan on moving into a cave anytime soon.

Like seeing a cow, I am sad that they die, but cheeseburgers are soo tasty, so they serve a purpose for numero uno species...that doesn't mean I want to never explore alternative means of tasty food that removes the need for cows...I will cheer when the star trek style food replicator comes online for us so we don't have to murder animals anymore...and trees, well, we use wood for tons of stuff, and I look forward to the day we create a synthetic material that works equal in all ways to wood so we can have the forests reclaim land.

Does that make me a "tree hugger"? meh, don't care if it does, frankly, all people should see things that way.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by arufon
Yay!!!
now we can continue polluting the planet and feel great about it!
Yay!!!

Naa
This whole thread was put forward by a neocon far right wing mentality that its all a lie, and what it shows is that its in fact absolutely true, its just moving at a much slower pace than extreme models predicted...so, the blood isn't squirting out of our necks, but the wrists are still cut and we are bleeding nevertheless, aka, we bought some time..enough to think things through logically.

Will this be fuel to push off what needs to be done? perhaps...hopefully what will happen is a serious investment in alternative fuels, green energy, and atmospheric scrubbers (yay, no more acid rain). etc...that is the only real way to go from a slow creep to doom, to a creeping back to eden.

So yeah, their best argument against global warming is still admitting it is going on...and thats not even looking at the article and siteing the research done..I am going fully on face value that they did not spin it at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting and related to this thread.

www.fas.org...

ENERGY
To meet even the conservative growth rates posited in the economics section, global energy
production would need to rise by 1.3% per year. By the 2030s, demand is estimated to be nearly 50%
greater than today. To meet that demand, even assuming more effective conservation measures, the
world would need to add roughly the equivalent of Saudi Arabia’s current energy production every
seven years.
Absent a major increase in the relative reliance on alternative energy sources (which would require vast
insertions of capital, dramatic changes in technology, and altered political attitudes toward nuclear
energy), oil and coal will continue to drive the energy train. By the 2030s, oil requirements could go
from 86 to 118 million barrels a day (MBD). Although the use of coal may decline in the Organization
for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries, it will more than double in developing
nations. Fossil fuels will still make up 80% of the energy mix in the 2030s, with oil and gas comprising
upwards of 60%. The central problem for the coming decade will not be a lack of petroleum reserves,
but rather a shortage of drilling platforms, engineers and refining capacity. Even were a concerted
effort begun today to repair that shortage, it would be ten years before production could catch up with
expected demand. The key determinant here would be the degree of commitment the United States
and others display in addressing the dangerous vulnerabilities the growing energy crisis present"

Hmm was just trying to find the op orig. thread on the above link, to include here and I can't find it?
You guys better copy it then...copy first, read later.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=11918616#pid11918616

found it, stop looking there's no conspiracy here (tongue in cheek)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

Ok.. did you learn to read? "a box one mile on a side", would be a "box" 1 square mile at its base and 1 mile tall.
That "box" would contain slightly over 147 BILLION cubic feet. The average human takes up approximately 3 cubic feet of space.. (considering everyone is an adult). So lets allow for the obese and even make it 4 cubic feet which is a gross exaggeration. Divide 147 BILLION by 4 and you still get over 36 BILLION people who would fit in the box...How many people on Earth? Less than 7 Billion... Now try to convince me our presence on the planet is changing the weather..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
yup, nothing to worry about, all that extra carbon dioxide, and other harmful fumes in our air is no big deal. who needs clean air, when you can bash al gore

Carbon Dioxide is what plants breathe, and a basic building block of life on this planet...not a harmful fume...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If CO2 does not provide an open door to most solar wavelengths through and doesn't radiate the infrared scale back out then explain to us what happened to Venus, home of our solar system's highest terrestrial temperatures. It beyond proven that CO2 and water vapor are the best insulators of heat in an atmosphere than any other molecular gas. Simple chemistry.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by anon72

So because this contradicts the more alarming computer climate models that somehow means people get to jump to the conclusion that ALL climate science is bunk? Really? Cause that seems to be the attitude of some people around here.

The data shows that some computer models were wrong about the severity of the greenhouse effect, that doesn't change the fact that it is getting warmer, though it may buy us the extra time we need to do something about it.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

What makes you think we(humans)can stop a natural global process that has been in cyclic motion since the earth solidified???

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by grahag

Ok.. did you learn to read? "a box one mile on a side", would be a "box" 1 square mile at its base and 1 mile tall.
That "box" would contain slightly over 147 BILLION cubic feet. The average human takes up approximately 3 cubic feet of space.. (considering everyone is an adult). So lets allow for the obese and even make it 4 cubic feet which is a gross exaggeration. Divide 147 BILLION by 4 and you still get over 36 BILLION people who would fit in the box...How many people on Earth? Less than 7 Billion... Now try to convince me our presence on the planet is changing the weather..

You're going to smother all those people in that box... Well, climate change should be somewhat resolved after that... My suggestion would be to poke holes in the box so they have a way to breathe...

www.theonion.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Global warming should be welcomed, because in the next couple thousand years, the next REAL global ice is going to happen just like it has through the history of the world.

FUN FACTS about CARBON DIOXIDE

Of the 186 billion tons of carbon from CO2 that enter earth's atmosphere each year from all sources, only 6 billion tons are from human activity. Approximately 90 billion tons come from biologic activity in earth's oceans and another 90 billion tons from such sources as volcanoes and decaying land plants.

At 380 parts per million CO2 is a minor constituent of earth's atmosphere-- less than 4/100ths of 1% of all gases present. Compared to former geologic times, earth's current atmosphere is CO2- impoverished.

CO2 is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Plants absorb CO2 and emit oxygen as a waste product. Humans and animals breathe oxygen and emit CO2 as a waste product. Carbon dioxide is a nutrient, not a pollutant, and all life-- plants and animals alike-- benefit from more of it. All life on earth is carbon-based and CO2 is an essential ingredient. When plant-growers want to stimulate plant growth, they introduce more carbon dioxide.

CO2 that goes into the atmosphere does not stay there but is continually recycled by terrestrial plant life and earth's oceans-- the great retirement home for most terrestrial carbon dioxide.

If we are in a global warming crisis today, even the most aggressive and costly proposals for limiting industrial carbon dioxide emissions would have a negligible effect on global climate!

www.geocraft.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94484705b971.jpg[/atsimg]

reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted. The new findings are extremely important and should dramatically alter the global warming debate.

In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth's atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space. Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth's atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Well now. Even MORE proof the whole "Global Warming" ordeal is a completely fabricated and/or manufactured LIE. With one heck of a Cast of Characters... from Obama, to the UN, to the "scientific" field and on and on.
All caught with their pants down.... by Facts.

Not hysteria and fear mongering. They should be arrested or at least have their credential in the science field removed. Shame on them.

Go ahead you nay sayers. Lets have it. Try and defend this one. I am sure it will be interesting-as always. And funny.

Wait, I take it back. There has been some documented proof of an increase in the Hot Air about now-a-days..
The source has been tracked down and identified:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ac0fd3b55c0.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice find OP, this issue is far from settled. It's too bad that when it is settled at some point in the future there will be no penalty to the side that was shown to be spreading bad information.

Thanks for a great read.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Fine, there's absolutely no such thing as global warming. I suppose the glaciers are receding for the fun of it? And the methane being released by the thawing tundra and muskeg is just hot air? And the increasing sea levels flooding island countries all over the world is just propaganda making waves? And the encroachment of tropical animals and diseases further north here in the U.S. is just vacations? All those photos taken of glaciers over the last hundred plus years showing recession must be just photoshopped. Huh. No doubt ALL scientific support of global warming actually happening is just academic fibbing. After all, only global warming belief advocates are deluded or have ulterior motives!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You really think this planet wasnt designed to recycle itself. It was clearly made for inteligent species, which in turn create things, which in turn give off gasses, which the earth recycles. Its a perfect design. The maker isnt going to let that happen anytime.

God none of you even knew what it was until it was fear drilled into your subconscious. Just let it go, its not happening.

And its SUMMER, of course its freakin hot. If it was hot in wintertime, (sure as hell hasnt from where im from) then id be concerned, but guess what? Im still looking for my reproductive parts during the winter.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I know this global warming is all nonsense. Unfortunately, it's EXTREMELY hard to convince people here in Australia otherwise. We're getting a carbon tax here now in Australia, and everyone believes our PM when she says that Global Warming is a serious issue and that a carbon tax will fix everything. I try so hard to tell people it's all BS, but it's pointless.

Anyway, I'm glad some people here all agree that global warming is BS!
edit on 28/7/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
Fine, there's absolutely no such thing as global warming. I suppose the glaciers are receding for the fun of it? And the methane being released by the thawing tundra and muskeg is just hot air? And the increasing sea levels flooding island countries all over the world is just propaganda making waves? And the encroachment of tropical animals and diseases further north here in the U.S. is just vacations? All those photos taken of glaciers over the last hundred plus years showing recession must be just photoshopped. Huh. No doubt ALL scientific support of global warming actually happening is just academic fibbing. After all, only global warming belief advocates are deluded or have ulterior motives!

This is a cyclical event and we are in fact coming to the end of this warming cycle. Its pure science.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko

The guilt tripping 'Global Warming' headlines were altered to 'Climate Change' but that will run its course eventually too as the Earth's climate does constantly change. Follow the ideas/memes/data to the money makers of the CCX industry... funny how so many are the voices behind the game when it started... eg Al Gore. Funny too how the scientist who back up this data receive huge Govt handouts. Yep I've become a sceptic of all the hype especially considering the long term history of earth's climate change before the industrial revolution.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

THIS THREAD IS TOTALLY LAUGHABLE IF NOT A FRAUD

That study was written by ROY SPENCER... in case nobody knows of him, HE'S A FRAUD scientist who's KNOWN to frequently B.S. his reports and hold terribly unscientific views on evolution/AGW. He has ties to industry and related industry think-tanks:

www.sourcewatch.org...

OH YEAH! And the writer of the VERY ARTICLE that the OP links in this thread is written by a corrupt FRAUD. He writes DIRECTLY for the freaking HEARTLAND INSTITUTE... in case nobody knows of them... well, they're the LAST people to trust on issues of global warming. Here's MORE information on the Heartland Institute's pro-industry, anti-science, anti-environment, anti-health, and anti-Democracy stances:

www.sourcewatch.org...

GLOBAL WARMING HAS

NOT

BEEN PROVEN A FRAUD, THIS ENTIRE THREAD AND ITS SOURCES ARE PROVEN FRAUDS. And the fact that Yahoo/Forbes featured this is an embarrassment to them.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Global warming is a BS operation to ease the peoples minds who rely on information straight from the mainstream media, which is sadly about 85% of the population. Science has proven that the earth goes through ow everytimes of great cold and heat, it has happened in the past,and those people had no technology to induce "global warming" Everything is twisted right now because 2011/12 is real and on steady approach.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join