It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Just downloaded some shots of this; a couple of posts above. I think it is going behind the clouds, myself.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It really does just look like a bug to me. If it could be proven that this is off in the distance I would change my stance of course, but to me bug seems the right answer.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar

Thank you for the still shots.

Tree branch eh? Hmmmm....

So the mothman is behind the branches...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by burntheships

But hey if an expert comes along and proves its a bug, then I will accept that.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no...No you wouldn't accept that...You've got your mind made up...There have been plenty of people in the know posting on this thread, and you refuse to accept it...

Plenty of people "in the know" posting in this thread, that made me laugh.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totek

Originally posted by OneEleven

But hey if an expert comes along and proves its a bug, then I will accept that.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no...No you wouldn't accept that...You've got your mind made up...There have been plenty of people in the know posting on this thread, and you refuse to accept it...

Plenty of people "in the know" posting in this thread, that made me laugh.

Yes, me too. I think his tree branch broke.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Yes one would think that I understand but there is flight curfew here in Adelaide (11.30pm planes must stop flying over Adelaide to reduce noise pollution). Have seen helicopters in the sky but it didn't look that way either. These lights looked as if they were "parked" next to the moon. Looked exactly like that photo shown earlier. Wanted to run in and grab my camera but had my mum with me and didn't want to hurt her feelings as she was already very upset (thought about it though). Anyways, yes, sighted these flying headlights.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Clearly you know nothing about perspective.

Before calling people retards, make sure you understand the simple things.

See any similarities here?

So imagine a bug flies into the field of view of this webcam, catches the light behind the camera whilst doing so, then drops out of the light slightly as it goes low, (maybe caught in the cameras shadow?) makes a fast turn and flies back into the light where it gets brighter again before disappearing out of view...

Does this sound retarted?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It looks like a UFO to me as well. A UFO does not always mean aliens either, it means its an unidentified flying object!
By looking at the video, you can clearly see the reflection of light on the top of the hull as it comes into the pic, then as it goes parallel to the ground, with the horizon, it clearly goes behind somekind of smoke or clouds as well as showing it's edge to the camera, then almost all of the reflected light is lost from it, then exactly as it turns upward, you see the bottom of the hull fully reflect the light! Cmon people, lets really, really look before just talking.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

In the mean time, here are some flying bugs at night, they dont make
the same movements.

Amazing you just debunked the Texas video.... Those bugs do move like that, the only difference is the view and the amount of bugs.

It's official... it's a bug..

edit on 27-7-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
good call on the possibility of being a bug. unless this camera (looks like it is up high) has a bright light next to or surrounding it, there's really no reason for a bug to be attracted to this, especially at the altitude. who knows, I'm not a bug-guy, but I've been on plenty of rooftops. I've never swatted bugs off me on a rooftop.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ergastulum

Texas is not that high in altitude? Aircraft's are always cleaning bug juice off... so, yes there is a 99.9 % of that being a bug.

edit on 27-7-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar

It does appear to go behind something there,
it seems obsucred for a moment, then come back into focus.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

It's official... it's a bug.

I wouldn't be too quick to close the book on this one.

(The UFO that is; the bug would just make a mess...
)
edit on 27-7-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Thanks for your comments. I checked before posting that video from NBC news affiliate into this
thread, to date it has not been explained.

It must have been swamp gas.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
thats crazy i live 15 min from ft worth
haha

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A lot of you people are being absolutely absurd. Typical UFO thread on ATS lol. Everyone attributes it to some government project and immediately links it to another post on here. Don't be absurd. I think we can all agree that this was not a missile. So let's discard that absurd claim this very second. It was certainly not a meteor breaking at a 45 degree angle. It couldn't possibly have been manned since a change in direction like that would kill everyone on board. I should know, I'm an Air Force veteran. So what was it? Well it's been said a million times already. It's a bug. That is plain as day. For the people claiming to "debunk" this, you're acting childish. This video is not your baby. This will not be the video that forces disclosure, I promise. I know you're all chomping at the bit to believe but I'm afraid this just ain't gonna cut it.

My 2 cents? A bug. A moth to be precise. Cameras do weird thing with bugs. Anyone remember the rods that were everywhere that were debunked long ago? Same thing.

Is it a UFO? Absolutely. It certainly is unidentified. It is probably flying. And it's obviously an object. Now is this a secret missile, military experiment, or alien-manned spacecraft? The odds are very unlikely. I mean zero.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
A lot of you people are being absolutely absurd. Typical UFO thread on ATS lol.

All of us people on ATS?

Well since that was only your 10th post its seems premature to be judging us like that.

This is a very calm thread, logical thinkers abound.

Is it a UFO? Absolutely. It certainly is unidentified. It is probably flying. And it's obviously an object. Now is this a secret missile, military experiment, or alien-manned spacecraft? The odds are very unlikely. I mean zero.

Ya, like we actually believe that the 60 Billion Black Budget would never produce a secret black craft.

By the way, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looks like a bug to me. Firefly maybe? Otherwise you would have more people freaking out if it was that big, and lit up the way it did. Whatever you guys do, don't let JOSE ESCAMILLA see it, or he will turn it into a documentary.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Could be a bug... yet...

Why would this video only have one single instance of this flying insect in it?
Why are not more insects visible? Hard to believe only one insect would fly in front of the camera.
Are there flying insects in previous video recordings? If not, why?

These types are video cameras are usually set up in a way to prevent bird and insect interference with the video stream.

Not to say that it's not an insect, yet strange how this appears to be only a one time occurrence.

Also, it looks almost like it did a quick and abrupt u-turn when it realized it entered the camera view.
Maybe someone has been able to estimate the object size?

EDIT: Comparing other insect videos, this one seems too fast for an insect. And the light trail also seems to be an unusual effect compared to other videos of insects.

edit on 27-7-2011 by matito because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I love the people saying "I would love to see the debunkers on this one..."

Stop being idiots. "Debunkers" generally do not thrive on just denying the existence of extraterrestrials and UFOs, they generally enjoy using the full extent of their brain by applying rationality and discernment to information and "evidence" presented to them.

In this case, it's VERY difficult to determine the object's distance from the camera. If I was forced to put my life on the line, I would say it was a small flying insect fairly close to the lens.

Of course I could be wrong, but why would you ever bet the house on the extreme long-shot as opposed to a very common happening, such as bugs flying near cameras.

edit on 27-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

To Matito above me, the clip in question is a few seconds of video looped over and over. I would be willing to be my life that you could stare at this thing for hours and see plenty of similar bugs flying across the screen in such a manner. Given the height of the camera, there generally aren't as many "swarms" of insects just hovering around at that altitude.
edit on 27-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join