It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

So, based on your superior video analysis (I assume viewing it on a bigger screen is not the limit of your video understanding, but based on what you wrote I would be wrong assuming that) can you eliminate a bug based on the fact that you have no idea what type of camera and how it was compressed? I didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Those are 2 meteors..

I have seen very bright, long striding meteors.
They also have different colors..

I have seen thousands of *shooting stars*
That is all that is.
edit on 27-7-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
just my 2p but I don't see how it can be bug or a meteor.

bug: it looks like it's in the atmosphere not in front of the camera. You can tell this because it dims as it goes behind the city smog/clouds and does it's 90 degree turn, then it reappears from behind the smog/clouds and shoots out of shot and the fact that this is slightly sped up also disproves the bug theory where as the speed it moves at supports the ufo theory...

Meteor: as far as I know they don't do 90 degree maneuvers like that.

All of you saying bug or meteor I suggest you go back and watch the clip again, from start to finish... this is a good one IMHO... not that it's worth much

METEORS DO NOT Do 90 degree angles...

Neither did this...

It is 2 meteors one looking as if it is coming straight down and another one
looking as it came the other way...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Edit: Also wouldn't bugs be a common sight on this cam or common enough that it wouldn't have people at the station making inquiries to ufologists over?

Because the media would never hype a non-story for ratings...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Fort Worth. Bug or Bat attracted to the lights. I seem to see the rod type motion blur common to bugs.

Whatever it is, is close enough to reflect their lights and very small. The false impression of speed would scream to me it is insect sized and very close to the camera. That much is a no-brainer. A Bat is likely too large.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You know the idea here is to try and find the truth, not to argue like a bunch of unruly 5 year olds on a playground.

Over a silly video of a bug too

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I fully agree ... but a bug? for real? those people REALLY believe its a bug? I don't believe its a bug for 1 second.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If this is a bug, then there should be plenty of examples from this camera alone. We can watch it, bugs are attracted to lights, as are bats becasue they (well, some) feed off bugs. So it should be an open and shut case because it'll be happening all the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I fully agree ... but a bug? for real? those people REALLY believe its a bug? I don't believe its a bug for 1 second.

15 years of photography experience (film and digital), a Wife who is a Pro at it and over 10 years in CG experience and I think it's a bug.

What is your view based on?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Bugs and nothing more.... I don't know how anyone could think that was a UFO lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

The object is in close proximity to the lights and it's motion and the deceptive speed show it is very small. Question is why would anyone think it is anything other than a bug or very small bat? Wishful thinking.

I've been an avid UFO person since the 1960's and I know that most everything in this topic is pure crap. I keep looking for the smoking gun though. You have to sift a lot of stuff to find even one case that could be credible.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The way it moves kind of looks bug like/bat like. I would imagine a UFO to move more sharply. But hey... I'm no expert, and i'm not saying it isn't.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

why would the TV station then not recognize it as a bug? I can't tell what it is but I find it really odd that the station is admitting they called a ufo expert to look at the footage. Ratings?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I'm sorry, but to those of you who feel that the light is a "bug"...

you are retarded.

WTF kind of bug reflects BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT, FLYS THROUGH THE GOD DAMN CLOUDS, SHOOTS OFF INTO SPACE, AND IS CAPABLE OF MANEUVERING 90 DEGREE TURNS WHILE MAINTAINING THE SAME SPEED, oh and are bugs now so massive that they can bee(lol.. bee) seen from miles away?

I am begging you, tell me what kind of bug this is.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Gwampo because: stupidity of forum-goers

Nice. Classy even.
I can't even really reply to this because you don't understand. A BUG that is flying around and on a camera lense will look huge and menacing.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by Blaine91555

why would the TV station then not recognize it as a bug? I can't tell what it is but I find it really odd that the station is admitting they called a ufo expert to look at the footage. Ratings?

For what is happening here. Publicity and attention.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't know why they wouldn't regonise it. I'm not saying it definatley is a bug..like i said, I'm no expert. But when I first watched the video, it reminded me of when you startle a moth and it flaps about in all directions not really sure on which way to fly.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join