It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Plus-One coming to ATS on a trial basis...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Some of the posters here have no sense of reality.

You are already on google!

Do a google search on your username and see what happens!

Most of your threads and post turn up on the first line of the search!

So instead of slagging it off

Embrace it

Youre published dude

edit on 26-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Can you imagine the synonymous brain-explosions that would take place if most ATS members new the staff here could take their IP address and follow their every single move

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I think you assume a little more familiarity than you actually have, all of our mods are VOLUNTEERS, if we could generate the revenue to pay them I would be the happiest man on Earth, but alas, this is still (and likely always will be)a labor of love.

Really, if you "refuse to be a part of it" that's completely your prerogative and I have no issue with it, but, to come here and spew half truths and act as though you're "in the know" is a bit much.

S...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well ATS has this cool new feature, the POLL

why not make a poll about it, I must admit ,i'm curious at the outcome

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by budski

I think you assume a little more familiarity than you actually have, all of our mods are VOLUNTEERS, if we could generate the revenue to pay them I would be the happiest man on Earth, but alas, this is still (and likely always will be)a labor of love.

Really, if you "refuse to be a part of it" that's completely your prerogative and I have no issue with it, but, to come here and spew half truths and act as though you're "in the know" is a bit much.

S...

Oh dear Mark, that really isn't worthy of you, but I won't rise to your bait.

Like I said, why not at least be honest about the site owners ulterior fiscal motives in doing deals like this, instead of trying to say it's all for the benefit of the members?

Again, I have no problems with you guys making a trillion if you can do it - just don't tell me it's for MY benefit.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Like I said, why not at least be honest about the site owners ulterior fiscal motives in doing deals like this, instead of trying to say it's all for the benefit of the members?

Oh get of your high hobby horse, there's no deal at all... and pushing that there might be only reveals your refusal to understand/accept what I've written here, and what is easily accessible about the +1 all over the web.

Any site can sign up, many have. There's no direct monetary gain from it.

Deal. Laughable.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by budski

S...

Lol Springer. ATS would probably break Flippa records. Labor of love alright, this baby would hit six figures in but half a day of bidding
Springer and co have super sperm

Then again I imagine your hosting is pretty crippling with the traffic you see, considering you only have the most basic of advertisements running... But jeeze there's potential for money. ATS is lucky you haven't started putting memership bills on your radio, podcast, video series etc

I don't think people on here appreciate just how crap the website could get and just how much money you could make if you were so inclined. ATS gets more daily hits than like half the bottom half of internet websites COMBINED

But really people, ATS is a goldmine! Springer could be the next Alex Jones using ATS as a platform, if he wanted

Apologies, I'm a little turvy and envious. Let me control ATS, I'll have mansions scattered across the Pacific in but a few months income

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Oh get of your high hobby horse, there's no deal at all... and pushing that there might be only reveals your refusal to understand/accept what I've written here, and what is easily accessible about the +1 all over the web.

Deal. Laughable.

If there is monetary gain to be had I want to speak to the kingpin of Google, because I haven't seen a check yet!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Deal. Laughable.

Oh, come on Bill, we both know that this is an extension of advertising via google, in order to get more hits, in order to make more money.

And that's cool - like I keep saying, I have no issues with that.

Let's go back a couple of years to when I named "The Gray Area" - I don't mind that I make no cash off that. I entered a site competition in the full knowledge that it would be your forum and that I would reap no monetary reward.

What I DID mind was that I got no acknowledgement for that or any of the other things I have given my time for on ATS.

Which is why I no longer do.

link   

Realy you think they aren't doing it it if they can ?

This is the biggest conspiracy network on the internet,and you think they aren't making money out of it ?

And yet we are called naive ?

Again,there is nothing wrong whith making money with something you pushed out of the ground.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

link   
SkepticOverlord

You do realize though that if I was in one of your circles on google+ and you haven't divulged to your "google+ friends" (me) that you are "TheOverlord" at ATS yet you partake in "+1-ing" threads that you have posted in (likely)...and lots of them (likely) (That's the idea!) I could from simple division and subtraction determine your username, therefore attaching it to your identity, I would then know who you are through google, If you set your location I would then know where you are in google maps. The Overlord. Simple really.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Stella Lotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Stella Lotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
since my question didn't get answered I'll rephrase it.

Is it beneficial for all google users or only google + users?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I would like to be kept as far away from Google as possible who are ran by the CIA and this site already has more google in it's scripts than HTML on the pages.

No thank you

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Realy you think they aren't doing it it if they can ?

This is the biggest conspiracy network on the internet,and you think they aren't making money out of it ?

And you we are called naive ?

Again,there is nothing wrong whith making money with something you pushed out of the ground.

As an internet marketer I know full well they're making money. But I also recognise given the position of ATS they're making the minimum they could. This website isn't monetised in the bloody slightest!

NOBODY is denying ATS are making money, but given the size and potential of ATS they really aren't making anything. And they could, they really could. What ATS makes now in a year, they could make every month, were the owners so inclined.

Fortunately they aren't. But that doesn't seem to be appreciated. The owners could times their income by 10 if they added a store, a premium member zone, started selling their own merch and dvds etc

This IS the biggest conspiracy website on the internet, and at the most you see 2 ads on a page, that 99.9% of visitors don't even click.
edit on 26-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stella Lotus
You do realize though that if I was in one of your circles on google+ ...

No, I don't realize whatever it is you're trying to claim, as no ATS username is ever associated with the +1 click, nor any other ATS-specific data.

link   

Originally posted by Master_007
I would like to be kept as far away from Google as possible who are ran by the CIA and this site already has more google in it's scripts than HTML on the pages.

No thank you

HTML was obsolete about 10 years ago

link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

RATS

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Is it beneficial for all google users or only google + users?

As indicated in the opening post, anyone with a Google account. If you have a Google+ account, your +1's are a specific category you can show to your friends and circles... or not.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

What I DID mind was that I got no acknowledgement for that or any of the other things I have given my time for on ATS.

You did get acknowledged...they named the forum with your winning entry.

So, get over it...actually don't get over it - keep bitchin', as someone has to be that guy, and you're doing a great job of it anyways.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join