It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Plus-One coming to ATS on a trial basis...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Internet provider IP catch my drift

Something funny most people think they can change their IP with some software,however your real IP stays with your Internet provider ^^

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The goal is to sucker as many people in with as much eye candy as possible, once they get the numbers then it is game on and there is nothing to stop them. All they have to do is create a way to make everything "normal" then there will be no more arguments.

And it pisses me off to no end where sites require you to be a member of fb in order to leave a comment.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Well if they don't like what
I got to say
they can come see me!!

ride that wave for a minute

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's a good idea. People can scoff, but clearly don't understand how the internet works. How many of you complaining not only use Youtube, but post Youtube videos on ATS?

Google isn't some big all encompassing evil empire.

I've complained about what I perceive to be the commercialization of ATS in the past, but this isn't part of it. This is a common sense maneuver that website owners the internet over are implementing. Though most aren't fortunate enough to speak with Google and guarantee user privacy.

If anything you should be grateful that Skeptic and the ATS network have gone to the trouble of securing your privacy and data!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

We've also vetted the operation of the code, and monitored the communications.

Which is why we never installed a Facebook "like" or Twitter "tweet" button on ATS, as both of those widgets communicated data back to the source regardless of user action.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
The goal is to sucker as many people in with as much eye candy as possible, once they get the numbers then it is game on and there is nothing to stop them. All they have to do is create a way to make everything "normal" then there will be no more arguments.

And it pisses me off to no end where sites require you to be a member of fb in order to leave a comment.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Give me an example of recognized websites that do this. You've pretty much made that up. Websites offer you the convenience of posting comments without registration, through the likes of FB, Twitter, Google, Wordpress.

There is no conspiracy, this is done to promote community activity - Because most people dislike registering to websites, waiting on a confirmation email, confirming, waiting a few more minutes and finally being able to post their comment. There's nothing sinister about why websites promote the account linking function

Most this internet paranoia seemingly comes from those who don't know much about how the internet or websites operate. If you feel that strongly then get off the internet, because I assure you that your ISP is tracking your EVERY move.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is that for real. I am amazed you give any trust to google... They have a terrible privacy record and known for censorship...

Google was recently touted as 'worst on privacy' out of a sample of online organisations, according to a study by Privacy International.

www.frankahearn.com...
These are the peeps that will also hand over your search history with bread and butter to the government if requested.. No contention or questions asked. For those of you that use firefox there is a little download you can get that allows you to anon search...

These are also the people that allowed BP to buy key phrase about the oil spill in the gulf to stop people have access to the correct information about the environmental degradation in the area. You trust these peeps to offer you a service. You want to do business with them...?

These are the peeps that have decided what topics are news worthy and what topics need not be seen by the general public. Anonymous have recently been banned from google plus.... without warning and without viloation of there terms and conditions. Google are a political tool and have put their flag clearly in the sand...
For peeps that have enough of this social networking censorship and control Dispora is nearly ready.....

No offense ATS you guys offer a great service.. but I would not use google to pee in if it was the last toilet on planet earth...!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by NadaCambia

We've also vetted the operation of the code, and monitored the communications.

Which is why we never installed a Facebook "like" or Twitter "tweet" button on ATS, as both of those widgets communicated data back to the source regardless of user action.

It does, but honestly, you shouldn't have to. I could understand making a personal decision with these things, on grounds of morality or internet freedom... But really most ATS members aren't that clued up so it's a shame if ATS was stifled because of web paranoia.

Maybe I'm wrong but I really don't think websites like Twitter and Stumbleupon or delicious are involved in some big conspiracy. I mean, I have the share widgets at the bottom of every post on my website and don't think there's a damn thing wrong with it, personally.

Obviously on ATS it's different because FB is a CIA network and the CIA need you to opt-in to social networks to follow your internet movement...........

Unfortunately on this topic, rather than Google to be shown as reasonable and willing to hear out criticism and concern - rather than that, we've seen people accuse ATS of being in League with the CEO of Google and the Reptilian lizard kings.

But I've had a drink and maybe I'm being too hard on folk. Just puzzles me that your membership hasn't realised that if someone wanted to track their every move, they'd do it with or without a Google + button! As if these people would need ATS permission if they were really about that

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think sticking your head in the sand and not using the linking possibilitys is only promoting a slow withdrawl from staying updated.
I am not sure how this will enhance ATS as a whole overall, I am sure there is a reason for this that furthers the goal of the owners. Perhaps it will increase hits, keep the ATS threads at the top of google searches, etc..(which that in itself would be the best reason to embrace it...if ATS threads pop up at the top of searches in general about things like GM crops, aliens, etc..that is spreading both popularity of the site, and information about them from an ATS perspective into mainstream).

So, ya, if that is the push, then great...good call in my opinion, and to the naysayers...well, I am sure you can find some backwoods blog you can comment on that will never see the light of day...

link   

Originally posted by purplemer
These are also the people that allowed BP to buy key phrase about the oil spill in the gulf to stop people have access to the correct information about the environmental degradation in the area. You trust these peeps to offer you a service. You want to do business with them...?

These are the peeps that have decided what topics are news worthy and what topics need not be seen by the general public.

Elaborate

link   

These are the peeps that will also hand over your search history with bread and butter to the government if requested.

Any US-based Internet company (ATS included) is required to provide such details when subpoenaed, Google's not alone here. In our (ATS) case, we keep very-limited information and no server logs because of this.

These are also the people that allowed BP to buy key phrase about the oil spill in the gulf to stop people have access to the correct information about the environmental degradation in the area.

To be fair, anyone with a large budget can do that via AdWords. It's been done before, but just wasn't noticed as much as the BP situation was.

Anonymous have recently been banned from google plus.... without warning and without viloation of there terms and conditions.

There were lots of groups and companies who were terminated, not just "Anonymous," and the reason has been made clear. In these early stages of Google+, it's just for individuals, not groups or companies. That feature is coming soon.
edit on 26-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Is that for real. I am amazed you give any trust to google... They have a terrible privacy record and known for censorship...

Also its the most used search engine in the west...sometimes you got to sleep with the devil to sing with the angels.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I use Google all the time. I don't care if they gather info on me and pass it on to BigGov, like they always do. But, if you do, you may want to avoid Google completely. No doubt about it, they are OWNED by the NWO elites. Some have speculated that Google was in fact started by BigGov snoops.

If you have concerns that TPTB might be gathering private info on you, get off the internet, and never come back. You'll also need to get rid of that cel-phone and cable TV and put up a 10 foot high lead fence about your house.

You can't hide, folks. Best advise I could give is live your life out in the open, with head held high and as often as possible give TPTB a middle-fingered salute!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

To be fair, anyone with a large budget can do that via AdWords. It's been done before, but just wasn't noticed as much as the BP situation was.

Exactly. If that's a crime then me and Google are guilty parties in thousands of keywords. The police better arrest me now because I'm destroying about a hundred long-tail keywords on PPC Google Campaigns

Unless Google were shown to be manipulating actual results(those outside of featured results), there's nothing worth talking about.

And even if BP were dominating Google results it's probably because they exploited the pretty well established Google algorithms and back linked the shizzle out of the keywords... not to mention the BP website was probably atleast PR 6 before the incident

This whole thing reminds me of when Alex Jones tried to manipulate Google, breaking their TOS in the process... Then complained when he was partially sandboxed, as if it was some conspiracy. And all his taggers-on acted like Google were keeping him down, even though he was using blatantly black-hat methods

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Any US-based Internet company (ATS included) is required to provide such details when subpoenaed, Google's not alone here. In our (ATS) case, we keep very-limited information and no server logs because of this.

some companies fight these and dont take it lying down, look what happened with twitter of recent when they got subpoenaed to had over information about wikileaks. They fought the order, they never took it lying down...

but it is not far and it is not correct. It is withholding the truth from people and by doing business with them you are supporting this kind of activity

There were lots of groups and companies who were terminated, not just "Anonymous," and the reason has been made clear. In these early stages of Google+, it's just for individuals, not groups or companies. That feature is coming soon.

fair enough i did not know that..

I just wanted to share my views, im sure the google button will have some plus points.too. Once you let the devils horn through your letter box, there is no getting it out...

best of luck with your google button..)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

some companies fight these and dont take it lying down, look what happened with twitter of recent when they got subpoenaed to had over information about wikileaks. They fought the order, they never took it lying down...

but it is not far and it is not correct. It is withholding the truth from people and by doing business with them you are supporting this kind of activity

fair enough i did not know that..

I just wanted to share my views, im sure the google button will have some plus points.too. Once you let the devils horn through your letter box, there is no getting it out...

best of luck with your google button..)

I'm pretty sure Google has been supplying ads on ATS for a couple years! ATS use DoubleClick(owned by Google) and have done for a good while.

If ATS have rejected FB and Twitter buttons, do you really think they'd associate themselves with Google if they're as evil as everyone reckons?

ATS is probably the safest forum on the internet, fullstop. Because they have to seriously worry about their user base creating conspiracies about the ownership.

The Admins on here go so far out of their way, it's unreal. If Google want your details, they have them, with or without ATS - I guarantee this!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

some companies fight these and dont take it lying down,

And Google would be in those "some companies"

Google justified in fighting subpoena

The other companies complied, at least to some degree, but Google has taken up the fight for privacy by refusing to comply with the subpoena.

Google Resists U.S. Subpoena of Search Data

Google has been refusing the request since a subpoena was first issued last August, even as three of its competitors agreed to provide information, according to court documents made public this week.

Google's Privacy Fight

The Mountain View, Calif. company has refused to comply with a subpoena first issued last summer and revived this week when U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales asked a federal judge in San Jose for an order to hand over the requested file.

Not attempting to defend, just provide an accurate picture.

There was a misconception about this in the news, no normal searches were being omitted, just AdWords ads appearing before the search results, designed to be more compelling than the search results.

Lots of companies advertise using AdWords.

edit on 26-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
**pokes head out from under rock**

Mah priiiiivacy!!!! Mah PRIVACY!!!!

Look, unless you are beaming your responses here with interstellar mind rays and astrally projected your eternal life force into SO's server to create an account from the aether..... you are not as "private" as you think you are. From TOR to etc.. you are NOT a shadowy private conspiracy superhero. There is no skirting it.. if you are online in any capacity you are not enjoying anonymity or true privacy. Anonymous just discovered they arent so anonymous.Duh-duh-duuuh!! If you want anonymity and privacy.. never log into your computer again, never sign up for a bank account, never buy a home, never own anything that ever had a serial number ( better ditch those firearms and zombie apocalypse response 4WD vehicles.. and remove those hip, breast, or knee implants),No paypal, no drivers license, never and no blah blah blah.... ad infinitum.. and whatever you DONT BE BORN because you are automatically assigned a scary satanic tracking number upon your birth. Its the nature of the beast.. and I THOUGHT everyone knew this.

With as much personal info as the paranoid on here reveal in each thread.. you really dont realize how damned easy it is to find you. Even when you post your personal photos. Basically all one would need to do is observe you and your posts to locate you and research you.. no need for scary google to track you to offer you crap to try to make more income. There is honestly really no true privacy or anonymity and depending on the intent of the observer, Id feel safer with google tracking my every step than some of the posters Ive seen on this site.

This is a good thing for the site.. ahem..and site owners, of course... but I predict this will eventually become a pay site since they will have to hire an on site psychologist ( or psychiatrist because I can tell Im gonna need valium) for the rest of us with yet another influx of new-to-the-truth folks who see the cia under the rug and the FBI in the trees.... or even satan in googledom.

ANyhoo, go for it. Folks can opt out... hopefully they read and comprehend better with this than they do the T&C.

PS
Ive already requested a pay section for adults only with more money than patience... and Im in low stock of both recently.... for more "sensitive" subjects. Had to request this yet again. Dont beat me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The +1 button is now live.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The +1 button is now live.

Youre probably going to have to send out a mass u2u with instructions on how to opt out.... like a PDF with screen shots and instruction in all languages.. including Zeta Reticuli.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join