It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Plus-One coming to ATS on a trial basis...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It does makes sense thanks for the clarity. The circle feature is the better feature than Facebook but it does still mean I link from real name

I appreciate this is a excellent avenue for promoting ATS and I was happy to add it to a plus one if I could do so to the zazzafrazz persona but I will keep RL name and ATS separate as I do on fbook on the rare times is use it

Good luck though

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I seem to disagree. The more likes you have the easier it is too filter. lets say you have 100 likes of 100 threads. Even though there are tons of other likes absent of reply to thread and you even only reply in 75 of the 100. The chances of any other member showing up on all 75 of your replied to threads is very very low. So we know that SkepticOverloard was involved in 75 replies of the 100 +1's (mind you your google+ has directed me to all of those threads. Springer showed up with less, 32 replies and so on. This would indicate that SkepticOverlord is the common denominator. SkepticOverlord for some reason is in the majority of (real identity) Bills ATS +1 links. Every +1 of ATS threads on your google+ account is from SkepticOverlord period. If I follow your likes I will see.

20 pictures of a crowd. Man in blue vintage clippers hat front row in all pictures. Everyone else appears random. Except for blue hat guy. The crowd is of a campaign tour. I know that tom liked on his G+ blue vintage clippers hat. He also Liked "I attended every campaign stop and I'm proud of it link" put two and two together.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't trust Google and don't use it except for some throw away e-mail addresses when a web site insists on one for account validation.

Lots of folks bugged me to create a Facebook page. I did but it has no pictures and I don't accept friends. I can say I have a Facebook page when they ask.
edit on 7/26/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not sure what to think but I am not bothered I guess. One thing I have found interesting is that even before this modification, when you punch in your member name on Google, all of your ATS posts come up there. Prolly no big deal, but I was still surprised. I thought what was done in ATS stayed in ATS.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stella Lotus

20 pictures of a crowd. Man in blue vintage clippers hat front row in all pictures. Everyone else appears random. Except for blue hat guy. The crowd is of a campaign tour. I know that tom liked on his G+ blue vintage clippers hat. He also Liked "I attended every campaign stop and I'm proud of it link" put two and two together.

I believe this speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey!

Does this allow us to directly discuss topics with actual N.S.A. Officers and Agents? /joking

I want to see something / say something...

Like:

Me: "hey, I just read this recently declassified document... what does this part mean?"

GoogleBotNSAgent.1: "I cannot disclose that information at this time"

Me: "Could you please explain what R.E.X. 84 means to you?"

Me: "Are you Anonymous?"

Me: "Can you please provide the answer to the captcha prompt provided?"

GoogleBotNSAgent.1: "#$$:l65bbs5ax@__[Error51]"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
lulz to all the long term members and short term as well who thought "change" was within this site that are now completely face palming.

Does anyone not see that change can only come when any sense of money and gain is thrown out the window(which will never happen), when we are no longer obsessed with selling ourselves and putting ourselves on the market and creating a profitable image(never will happen), you can't get the change most want from that.
Change is never going to happen, the only thing you can do is let it happen within yourselves . create happiness, peace,civility within your little piece of the world and be content with that(maybe it will spread, most likely it won't) and get off of these big "idols" ban wagons, they are nothing but cancer.

But also, there is no big conspiracy behind this it's as simple as can be, ATS making bank.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
ATS making bank.

You guys just don't get it.

If you and others are really that concerned with what's going on then just opt out and stay away. Nobody is forcing you to use ATS or participate in anything that goes on here.

Wow.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I thought what was done in ATS stayed in ATS.

If I am not wrong, I think that the only Board where Google has no access is R.A.T.S.

And as far as this +1 thing goes...for me, it doesn't change a thing. Not that I really understand it though...but I am sure that the owners know what they're doing.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Yea, I'm not really concerned, plus I feel anonymity is a thing of the past for most of us really. I just operate as if everything I say can and will be used against me, keeps me on my toes I reckon'. But I believe I can still convey a point without inciting repremandable consequences.
However, if the day comes when I feel unsafe posting a civil and genuine complaint against the (a) system or leader, well shame on the status quo and those that took us there.

peace,
spec

edit on 26-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
Does anyone not see that change can only come when any sense of money and gain is thrown out the window

When seven servers (three of them custom-designed), a load balancer, 170 TB of monthly bandwidth, and a contract support firm don't require money... let me know.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
Are you serious ?

Embrace ignorance.

Indeed.
Stupid move.

Be careful..

Google Plus simply not worth the risk of losing everything..... Google have been mass deleting any accounts they feel violate their naming TOS of late....
Since a ban means loss of gmail and everything else.... I am out....
Even though I was using my real name, I don't feel that level of risk is worth it, especially since trying to appeal anything to Google is pointless..........
How is everyone else feeling about it? btw here is an article I just googled about it www.zdnet.com...

From ubuntuforums.org...

Seriously..
Deny what, now?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Let's go back a couple of years to when I named "The Gray Area" - I don't mind that I make no cash off that. I entered a site competition in the full knowledge that it would be your forum and that I would reap no monetary reward.

It wasn't a competition, it was a simple request for input. No promise of reward, just asking for ideas.

All these sour grapes over a three year old misconception?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
From ubuntuforums.org...
Seriously..

I've commented on this previously, it's fairly obvious.

Google made it clear that the early BETA for Google+ was for individual accounts only. Too many tried to jump the gun and great group or company accounts before that aspect was available and ready.

It's no mystery.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think this a bad idea and i think it will only lead us to complete lack of privacy here on ats

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Ahmose
From ubuntuforums.org...
Seriously..

I've commented on this previously, it's fairly obvious.

Google made it clear that the early BETA for Google+ was for individual accounts only. Too many tried to jump the gun and great group or company accounts before that aspect was available and ready.

It's no mystery.

Whatever dude, you know best.
and while my stance of "bad move" stands..
I'm still *almost* sure you know what you're doing.
So I'm fine. lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Nerd
World
Order

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
For those who may be actually interested in using this to share ATS content, I have a question...

Will there be any possibility in the future to use this to share an individual post within a thread?

Example link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I actually really like google+ as an alternative to Facebook or any of the others. If you intend to be a source of truth, you need to allow people to access you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
not into this but I'll hang around to see what blossoms

Peace,
-Bob

P.S) the 2nd most favourited comment from that video =

"YouNeedToSubscribeMe" - And now google wants your social life by making a new social site called Google+ (8 people like this)

P.P.S) I see the 'google' box top right & the option to publically +1 this...that alone is going to make me not want to post threads as much & definately will necessitate more careful thinking about it before posting...I also assume from the addition of that googlebox that the deal has gone through & the tech now implimented? if so what of RATS?
edit on 26/7/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join