It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE site is saying unusal geological event in Cali

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

dually noted.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is John Thomas of the Titor Project.

California is about to erupt everywhere.
The coast line will sink into the waves.
Tom Cruise will warn everyone to not panic.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Considering Dutchsinse didn't bother to take the time to learn that the location is on Marine Corps base tells me he doesn't put much time/effort into researching this event. All he did was see something on weather radar and he jumps to a conclusion, and makes a video about it.

He doesn't know anything about the wind/weather patterns of that area yet he feels he knows enough to come to a sound conclusion. This tells me he flies a little loose and fast with the facts.

All he had to do to learn about he Marine base was flip Google Maps from "Satellite" to "Map" mode, but he didn't even bother. Hard to take someone like that seriously, IMHO.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

I just boiled my kettle here in the UK expect a report from him of a new event very soon!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
So there has been venting of hot gasses there for years and this is the first we are hearing of it then? No meteorologist in the past has made reference to it like 'Storm brewing here, and volcanic vents blowing steam over there. Nothing to be alarmed at, happens all the time' They tell us every time the wind picks up in my neck of the woods, they don't do that for you guys out there in California?

And why isn't USGS just saying it is normal outgassing that happens every year in that area? Why is it still listed as an unusual event?
edit on 26-7-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

I used to live in California and this is the first time I have heard about it. As another poster pointed out, this is a pretty populated area, if hot gasses were vented every year, more people would know about it.

Regardless of whether this is standard stuff, I'm curious about what's causing it. The ground has to be heated, right? What could heat the ground to a high enough temp?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hi,

Reply to OP. Yes he is spot on in maybe OUR oppinion, but dont force your thoughts down on my DAD or he will be upset

Nice post by the way.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
For those of you quoting USGS as a reputable institution, always makes sure you check with another source as well as USGS. Here's why:

The USGS prides itself on its unbiased and independent views, but in 2006 it was announced that scientific data would only be made available to the public after ‘a peer review and approval process’, or ‘censorship’, as offended scientists called it.

USGS employees processing papers and data offered for publication were informed that USGS leadership and communications staff should be notified of “findings or data that may be especially newsworthy, have an impact on government policy, or contradict previous public understanding to ensure that proper officials are notified and that communication strategies are developed." Wikipedia
edit on 27-7-2011 by Cegullah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I just got back from 29 Palms... the desert. There is absolutely NOTHING going on there besides the fact that it is crazy hot. So all you people can come out from under your bed sheets and stop being so fearful and jumpy.

I own land out there, and have family out there as well. I used to spend a lot of time at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in 29 Palms also. I was just there, and there is nothing out of the ordinary.

That guy on the YouTube video has no idea what he is talking about. He thinks it's some type of steam release only because it appears to be coming from a certain point. He is totally ignoring the fact that there is pretty large mountains and hills that make certain passageways and valleys in that area that effect the wind patterns, and effect when and where clouds are formed. Some clouds only form in certain valleys when the wind is going the right direction.

....Just more fear mongering, and people who are trying really hard to become some "savior" so they make all these warnings that turn out to be false alarms, hoping for the day something actually happens so they can claim they helped and saved people. Go read "The Boy That Cried Wolf" already....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

True, but considering that the RSOE shows only a mere heat-wave in Japan should make you think. Did Japan's problems suddenly vanish and everything is hunky-dory?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
reply to post by TDawgRex

Me thinks that this is a large Geo thermal eruption. Very large steam plume. Would be very hard to pick up. Unless you were about 1 mile from the event. The next few days or weeks around that area, are going to be very interesting indeed.

This is what I am thinking too. A Geo Thermal event wouldn't register, it's just escaping steam from water that has reached the mantle and been heated up.

Totally safe..!! "knock on wood"...

We have a bunch of Geo-thermal springs here in Victoria, AU down on the Mornington Peninsula and they are harmless and quite pleasent to bath in..lol

Nothing volcanic about these things and great profit to be had opening spas

Mind you, I say this with caution as Victoria its self has more volcanic eruption points than most of the US, Canada and NZ combined... Over 400 individual cones and shields that remain "thankfully", dormant for now (who says that AU is the lucky country..hehe), with at least 40 points or eruption that are overdue as I speak..lol

The biggest one being Mt Buller (that'd put a crimp on the ski season)..

So who's to say the ones in the US aren't partially volcanic in nature...

Anything is possible...
edit on 7/27/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Isn't it a little strange though that the USGS responded to a youtube video???

Say Dutch is somewhat correct with his posts, could the recent 5.9 earthquake that went off the coast of the Baja California Peninsula in northwestern Mexico be tied to this?

Either way, this stuff is quite interesting, looking forward to see how this all unfolds over the coming weeks....
edit on 27-7-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

The USGS Geologist who commented on the video stated that 'IT ISN'T A HOAX, BUT A MISINTERPRETATION OF WHAT'S HAPPENING...

What this tells me is that the convection plume WAS caused by volcanic venting via thermal convection (HOT AIR) coming from the Pisgah cinder cone - likely due from a subsurface magma chamber... the low pressure weather front that blew through there provided the needed POSITIVELY CHARGED molecules to attract and extract the NEGATIVELY CHARGED molecules residing within the pervious material to provide the condensation needed to produce the electrically supercharged thunderhead that instantly formed. it was a sudden change in atmospheric PRESSURE that literally spewed out a charged thunderhead...

Thermal Convection

Once, a few years back I was travelling south on I-15 from St. George, Utah. I was about 25 miles south of Mesquite, NV. when I looked in my rear view mirror and witnessed a super massive COLUMN of grey, cloud-like plumage being emitted into the sky from the ground, which I'd estimated was around 10 km. in height and appeared to be forming a massive head, at least several hundreds of square miles in size.

I SWORE it was a volcanic eruption, but there was no seismic tremors, as well as the plume was only a whitish - grey in color. I turned on the radio... no one was reporting any volcanic emergencies... I was perplexed about it for several days... but I later came to the conclusion that it was a massive convection plume similarly caused by the scientifically correct description I provided above.

I'll tell you though... it couldn't have been any closer to Tonopah, which was my other shock, the prospect of witnessing a thermonuclear detonation in progress... It was very scary to behold indeed!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Southern California had radiation spike to +800 counts per minute one day a few months ago, I figured it was some severe solar flare.

Could a volcanic vent's emissions cause geiger counters to go crazy?

That's how you'd verify a plume event.

Use a geiger counter.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have yet to even find the rebuttal by USGS. Can anyone here provide the link to the rebuttal we are talking about here? The only link I have so far does not seem reputable:

www.vvdailypress.com...

Seems they are just looking for subscriptions: 'Daily Press E-edition, only $5 per month! Click here to try it free for 7 days. To subscribe to the Daily Press in print or online, call (760) 241-7755, 1-800-553-2006 or click here.'

Where is Dr. John Eichelberger's official statement? Link if anyone has it.

I personally don't think it exists.
edit on 27-7-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well I'm not jumping on any bandwagon here and say this guy's claims are correct. I've seen Dutchsense's videos before and nearly 100% of the time he is talking out of his @ss.

However, the radar return definitely looks a though it has a fixed point of origin. 3 days in a row? I have been looking at radar images, loops and the like for 20 years now. I am a pilot. These radar loops that Dutch is showing are peculiar. They all start at a very small point and spread from that point. Once is odd. 3 times 3 days straight is really weird.

It could be something other than the conclusion Dutch is jumping to. The USGS said nothing is happening - so i have to assume they are right. Why they would get involved in some guy's youtube video is strange - but whatever.

So if its not geological what is it? It doesn't seem like a normal meteorological event either how could this radar return start as a single point and spread as if by wind away from it. From the same point 3 days in a row!? I have never seen a storm on radar behave like that.
edit on 27-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I've looked through most of the USGS site: www.usgs.gov...

and find no mention of this event anywhere not even on this search of the site:

search.usgs.gov...

So I don't know where this information is coming from.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

It happens all the time... There is very rocky, hilly, mountainous terrain in that area, and it is next to really flat valleys as well. When it gets really warm, the warm winds pick up and rush through the valleys and then crash into the hills and mountains and are pushed upwards into the sky, and it creates clouds right above them. Then, the clouds will float a little ways then they will disappear. That creates what looks like a stationary cloud on radars, because the clouds always are created in the same spot, and seem to disappear in the same spot.

The clouds on the radar seem to be coming from the same spot because the terrain is shaped in just the right way, and the winds are going in just the right direction, to create this effect you see.

edit on 27-7-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

It happens all the time... There is very rocky, hilly, mountainous terrain in that area, and it is next to really flat valleys as well. When it gets really warm, the warm winds pick up and rush through the valleys and then crash into the hills and mountains and are pushed upwards into the sky, and it creates clouds right above them. Then, the clouds will float a little ways then they will disappear. That creates what looks like a stationary cloud on radars, because the clouds always are created in the same spot, and seem to disappear in the same spot.

The clouds on the radar seem to be coming from the same spot because the terrain is shaped in just the right way, and the winds are going in just the right direction, to create this effect you see.

Well I live out east where stuff like that never happens most of the radar I watch is out here. Have you seen that type of radar loop before?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I just don't see how either side could say either way, if it was or if it wasn't. I see no actual evidence, only conjecture.

Although, if it looks troubling, maybe someone needs to make an eyewitness accounting/ set up monitoring there, whatever, then we would have concrete facts.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

Maybe you missed my post where I stated I just came back from that area and there is absolutely nothing going on out there?

I am a first hand witness.

What we have seen in the radar, I have seen before, yes. Could I find the correct date, or an archive of it? Probably not.

All this seems just like another overblown panic attack caused by amateurs on YouTube and the YouTube zombie generation of followers who seem to be lacking much needed b.s. meters... yet again..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Ok, where's your proof? Stationary cam, ground temp readings, barometric reading, seismic charts do you have anything? or just conjecture? I believe you would have to be there when it was venting, and pretty close or the steam would rise pretty quickly and just look like any other weather pattern.

And where's the official statement? If it doesn't exist then RSOE report is a hoax and this thread is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What we have seen in the radar, I have seen before, yes. Could I find the correct date, or an archive of it? Probably not.

That's fine you don't need to find it I was just curious if you had seen it before. What you said sounded reasonable so I'll take your word for it.

All this seems just like another overblown panic attack caused by amateurs on YouTube and the YouTube zombie generation of followers who seem to be lacking much needed b.s. meters... yet again..

"panic attack" I don't see anyone in a panic over this. Let's not "over blow" the situation.

edit on 27-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join