It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE site is saying unusal geological event in Cali

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I beg to differ with you ,my fellow SC brother,
I have seen them do it before.
I just got to figure out where and when.

But really looking forward to their response to your request.
Thanks for taking action and contacting the people"in the know" sort of speak.
Peace.

edit on 26-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Guess that'll teach RSOE to NOT use YouTube as an alert source!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

here is their description:
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by OldCorp

I beg to differ with you ,my fellow SC brother,
I have seen them do it before.
I just got to figure out where and when.

But really looking forward to their response to your request.
Thanks for taking action and contacting the people"in the know" sort of speak.
Peace.

edit on 26-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Yup, there's no substitute for "boots on the ground" so to speak.

OOH RAH!

Have a star.

edit on 7/26/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

ETA: The USGS may be correct in stating there was no "volcanic eruption," but even a release of massive amounts of steam would be a significant event wouldn't it?

Sure. I guess.
But it seems to happen at this time of year quite often.
Go here and go to the lower right to see the archived radar data.
www.wunderground.com...

Try 7/24 - 7/26/2010, 7/15/2009 for starters.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by OldCorp

ETA: The USGS may be correct in stating there was no "volcanic eruption," but even a release of massive amounts of steam would be a significant event wouldn't it?

Sure. I guess.
But it seems to happen at this time of year quite often.
Go here and go to the lower right to see the archived radar data.
www.wunderground.com...

Try 7/24 - 7/26/2010, 7/15/2009 for starters.

OK, I did what you suggested. Does the phrase, "It's all Greek to me" ring a bell?

I rely on "official" sources to interpret data like this for me, as I'm not a meteorologist or expert on radar images by ANY stretch of the imagination. Are you saying that RSOE is unreliable? Do they often issue advisories based on unfounded speculation or "misinterpretation of data?"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
While I claim ignorance on most things geological, I do understand human psychology, I must admit I am infinitely more curious as to why a fed agency found it necessary to even bother to respond to this one youtube post about doom and gloom out of the thousands listed... Just food for thought....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So there has been venting of hot gasses there for years and this is the first we are hearing of it then? No meteorologist in the past has made reference to it like 'Storm brewing here, and volcanic vents blowing steam over there. Nothing to be alarmed at, happens all the time' They tell us every time the wind picks up in my neck of the woods, they don't do that for you guys out there in California?

And why isn't USGS just saying it is normal outgassing that happens every year in that area? Why is it still listed as an unusual event?
edit on 26-7-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

A YouTube user who claimed to have discovered a volcanic eruption in the Mojave Desert over the weekend was mistaken, U.S. Geological Survey officials said Monday. A YouTube video posted Saturday evening displayed radar images and Google Earth maps as a narrator described what he believed to be evidence of a volcanic eruption over Pisgah Crater, a young volcanic cylinder cone between Barstow and Needles about 2.5 miles south of Interstate 40. “There was no indication of a volcanic eruption on that date and time, and nor is there one brewing today,” USGS spokeswoman Clarice Ransom said. Dr. John Eichelberger, program coordinator of volcano hazards for USGS, said the video didn’t appear to be a hoax, but rather a misinterpretation of the data. T.

RSOE DETIALS

yeah wouldn't want to put the guy down or nothing but perhaps you should check the details
nice alfa1 you beat me with that edit
edit on 7/26/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

I live about 30 min from there. I can go check it out for you guys put this to rest... Also to add.... the past few days have been VERY VERY humid... Feels very un-normal...
edit on 26-7-2011 by NeillieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Two things about the same thing at once...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ChungTsuU

reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Well, not exactly.

I don't see anything from the USGS about geothermal activity being the cause or any such activity in the region. And there was no weather front.

I'm saying it's weather. Localized convective (from sunlight heating the ground) weather.

WOW...um jeez....

Probability of water being trapped underground in the tubes = geology?

Am I missing something? Water on the surface would equal transvaporation, values that we can go measure.

Sounds like a grant opportunity here to me! What are our operational definitions in this discussion?

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 26-7-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You don't see the link for archived radar data? Scroll down, on the right. You'll find exactly the same stuff in exactly the same area a year ago.

RSOE seems to have a good search engine. But the blurb about Pisgah is no advisory. They seem to have picked up on this story from yesterday. It seems the local newspaper contacted USGS to ask about the video.
www.vvdailypress.com...

They also provide this disclaimer.

RSOE shall not be liable for any customer claims based on the content and services distributed by RSOE. RSOE states that the EDIS content means information collected from the related and approved sources and therefore RSOE shall not be responsible for the content of these information.

edit on 7/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

You don't see the link for archived radar data? Scroll down, on the right. You'll find exactly the same stuff in exactly the same area a year ago.

RSOE seems to have a good search engine. But the blurb about Pisgah is no advisory. They seem to have picked up on this story from yesterday. It seems the local newspaper contacted USGS to ask about the video.
www.vvdailypress.com...

They also provide this disclaimer.

RSOE shall not be liable for any customer claims based on the content and services distributed by RSOE. RSOE states that the EDIS content means information collected from the related and approved sources and therefore RSOE shall not be responsible for the content of these information.

edit on 7/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

No, I saw it. I also plugged in the dates you suggested and saw the archived loops. What I saw was similar, but the radar returns didn't seem to have a static point of origin like Dutchsince's loops did. Still, as someone who doesn't know enough about what I'm looking at, I can't say for certain one way or the other, hence the "Greek" comment.

I do thank you though for taking time to try and explain it to me. I'm hoping to get an eyewitness account from the MPs at 29 Palms to put the issue to rest; or perhaps the poster above who says he lives nearby can go take a look with a camera in the morning and report back to us.

Can you answer the one question I put to you though? Is RSOE reliable? I understand their disclaimer to mean they are not responsible for what people do with the info they get from RSOE; but where does RSOE get THEIR info? Did they really put out this, whatever you want to call it, based solely on Dutch's video or did/do they use secondary, reliable, sources before they post something? If they post information based just on someone's YT video, then that damages their credibility in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

OldCorp. nice to meet you.

I live near where this is happening, and nothing is going on here. If something is, trust me, I will know before you or any other person(unless they are closer) if something does go down. A volcano, or even a venting is a significant event, and the i40 (as I've previously stated) is a very main artery between Arizona and California, not to mention a very popular OHV area. If their was an event, volcanic in nature, somebody else beside dutchsinse would have picked up on it. The sheer amount of traffic alone would justify hundreds of pics, and I have seen none so far.

Not much goes on in these parts, and when something does people talk.
edit on 27-7-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i want to just comment on RSOE feeds. i follow them on twitter, they are in my favorites box and have email alerts (plus what i pick up on them here on ATS). A couple of weeks ago we had an earthquake south of St. Louis and felt as far away as Illinois and Kentucky, yet RSOE had no mention of it. Yet i get alerts for car wrecks in china and near plane misses in the states. i am not going to undo my RSOE feeds, but it does now make me question there validitity

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Is RSOE reliable?

I have monitored RSOE for the past several years, and as it can provide actual data, in no way is it reliable...at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The "point source" is seen in one particular type of radar scan, one that isn't available in an archive I can find. But look at the radar archive from the 23rd, it doesn't show the point source either but it does show the cloud.

The RSOE disclaimer doesn't just say they aren't responsible for what people do with the data, they say they aren't responsible for the data (the content). I take it to mean they post what they find from what they consider reliable sources. In this case that source seems to be the Victorville Daily Press (and the USGS). The found something related to geology and posted it, including the part about it not being an eruption.

Look at a map. I-40 runs right through the area. If anything but clouds had been happening there would be more than a video from Dutchsinse about it. (As pointed out above).

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NeillieN

Also to add.... the past few days have been VERY VERY humid...

I also live very near, and the reason it has been very humid is because we are having a thermal low.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Isn't it a little strange though that the USGS responded to a youtube video???

Say Dutch is somewhat correct with his posts, could the recent 5.9 earthquake that went off the coast of the Baja California Peninsula in northwestern Mexico be tied to this?

Either way, this stuff is quite interesting, looking forward to see how this all unfolds over the coming weeks....
edit on 27-7-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Always a pleasure to meet new folks. Come see me.

reply to post by OldCorp

The "point source" is seen in one particular type of radar scan, one that isn't available in an archive I can find. But look at the radar archive from the 23rd, it doesn't show the point source either but it does show the cloud.

The RSOE disclaimer doesn't just say they aren't responsible for what people do with the data, they say they aren't responsible for the data (the content). I take it to mean they post what they find from what they consider reliable sources. In this case that source seems to be the Victorville Daily Press (and the USGS). The found something related to geology and posted it, including the part about it not being an eruption.

Look at a map. I-40 runs right through the area. If anything but clouds had been happening there would be more than a video from Dutchsinse about it. (As pointed out above).

Thanks for the schoolin'.

Enough doom & gloom for me tonight, I'mma hit the rack.

Nighty!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

I think there's been far more than enough evidence to show that dutchsinse is indeed nothing more than a charlatan. Consider the fact that there are countless videos on youtube debunking dutchsinse's 'evidence'...For instance his radar 'rings' that he goes on about are easily explained as quite normal things. Yet rather than admit his mistake he keeps on saying the same things.....He is quite aware that his evidence has been explained away, since quite a few people who have made the videos have commented to his videos, yet not only does he refuse to admit it...he goes on, and on suggesting the same things. He is either in incredible denial of the evidence....or he's a complete and utter conman.
Just type in 'dutchsinse debunked' or words similar and you should find plenty of videos debunking him, with well researched information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join