It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

DO you cut and paste your pro-war pro military talking points directly from 1987?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

oh in america they dont pay for schools homes education clothes pay people not to work or farm not any of that stuff eh.

the us goverment spends over 3 trillion on that stupidity and hey lets add more to it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

the rich guys are leaving the U.S. to nations where they would pay 0 taxes on property and such

hmm didn't say anything about income tax. but they would try to avoid capitol gains taxes... that are trying to avoid the taxes on the business itself, not themselves personally.. well they may be false.. I'm sure there's plenty of money in offshore accounts
edit on 25-7-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Paote

Since you are not rich tax breaks for them hinder you and does not help you.

Stop defending the private sector as they are only looking out for them as often as possible and care not about you this is just fact.

Quit calling them entitlements as that is offensie. Social Security is an INSURANCE PROGRAM and not an ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM SO QUIT WITH THE ENTITLEMENT CRUD AND NONSENSE! It is the insurance policy that you pay into for north of 50 straight years and will be there when you need it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Even so, Obama is the most transparent liar in my memory.

You mean better than IRAQ attacked us on 9/11

You can't make this stuff up

People in the future will think we are INSANE when they read the above

Believe it or not, there are those of us who are not married to a Party and many of us were just as offended by Bush as we are Obama.

The freaky thing is that so many are blind Partisans who follow marching orders no matter the Party.

Partisanship is in fact the equivalent of mental blinders.

If I post my thoughts on Bush the R's profile me as a D, if I post my thoughts on Obama the opposite happens. Proof of the blindness I'm referring to and in fact indisputable proof to those who think for themselves.

If any person pretends to be in complete lockstep with the Party Line, it means to me they prefer not to think for themselves and are as naive as Obama claims his opponents are. He has it backwards though; those who question are the intelligent ones IMO.

We have a 14 Trillion Dollar debt and both sides are to blame equally. Obama's policies to do with the current wars is identical to those of Bush and yet your first thought is to defend by bringing up Bush? Amazing!
edit on 7/25/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

So you are backing away from your claim that 'millions receive cradle to grave service' in the United states payed for by the 'rich'?

Good idea. It's not a defensible position.

link   
reply to post by neo96

and how naive are people who think what they pay into ss even amounts to what they receive.

Hmm...well wouldn't that be dependent on how long you live? Maybe when they get everything back that they've paid in...we can just throw them in mass graves. Those darn old people are nothing but leeches and parasites.

We could also say that billionaires are leeches and parasites to the welfare of the rest of country...but I know you don't by into that.

Let's just cut off the elderly....makes more sense.

You deserve an applause....mods...please give him 100 applauses.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Trillions are wasted in tax cuts, breaks, foreign aide to not so nice nations, the military industrial complex, the banks, subsides to companies who send jobs overseas are the direct causes of our mess and is not the fault of the day labourer making $500 a week or the mom who must stay at home and take care of her kids because the job she had got outsourced. People have been forced to choose between putting food on the table or to pay the mortgage or the medical bill they got after their insurer dropped them for getting too sick.

There are families of 5 (2 adults 3 children or 1 adult and 4 kids) who are living on less then $100 a week.
edit on 25-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

news flash didnt i see obama bail out them? yeah i did hmmm.

as opposed to agian 75 million stealing from all those evil rich people.

heres another tidbit multi national corporations its like this the revenue they make can not be taxes here when it is made elsewhere .

thats like me saying new york has the right to californias money.

doesnt work that way

and you are entitled to what i make

your not.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

So you still think the US should emulate China and other developing countries to attract jobs?

How young should we allow workers to be in factories, working 80 hour weeks? 10? 8?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

dude i am not responsible for you or any other american and it doesnt matter how big my bank account is.

your problem is yours someone else is theirs.

we tried it your way to the tune of trillions in money promised that can ever be paid back and to promise more is totally riduclous.

link   

Originally posted by neo96

and you are entitled to what i make

your not.

All you have are straw men.

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Ultimately the president demands only one two things, higher taxes on the wealthy and that any raise of the debt ceiling be longer term than 2013, so as not to come up again while he tries to win re-election.

The problem with raising taxes on the rich by the amount he is saying he wants to, it will net the U.S. Treasury a whole $70 billion a year. Meanwhile, the deficit will continue to rise by $1 trillion a year. That's hardly enough to matter when those "rich people" pass that cost on to consumers.

Bush tax cuts: What you need to know

Treasury estimates the costs of making the tax cuts permanent for everyone is $3.7 trillion over 10 years.

Of that, $3 trillion accounts for the cost of extending them for the vast majority of Americans, as the president has proposed. The remaining $700 billion is the cost of extending them permanently for the high-income earners.

He doesn't even include the tax increase caused by killing the Bush cuts in his deficit reduction plan, meaning that he wants to raise taxes "just because". Yeah, just because of jealousy.

Obama: Cut Spending, Raise Taxes on the Wealthy

Obama also wants to allow Bush-era tax cuts to expire for individuals making $200,000 or more a year and couples making $250,000 or more. The revenue that would generate is not counted in his $4 trillion in deficit reduction.

Interestingly this article, which is clearly a proponent of letting the Bush tax cuts expire, says that the tax cuts are not responsible for our deficit:

4. The Bush tax cuts are the main cause of the budget deficit. Although the cuts were large and drove revenue down sharply, they are not the main cause of the sizable deficit that exists today. In 2007, well after the tax cuts took effect, the budget deficit stood at 1.2 percent of GDP. By 2009, it had increased to 9.9 percent of the economy. The Bush tax cuts didn't change between 2007 and 2009, so clearly something else is to blame.

The main culprit was the recession -- and the responses it inspired. As the economy shrank, tax revenue plummeted. The cost of the bank bailouts and stimulus packages further added to the deficit. In fact, an analysis by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities indicates that the Bush tax cuts account for only about 25 percent of the deficit this year.

So all the Obama sycophants just need to keep on keepin' on. Go ahead and reelect him, let him raise taxes on the "rich" (yeah, that mom and pop store trying to keep up with WalMart is one of the so-called "rich"), and let him kill this country like he wants to. We can't have a New World Order with America still prosperous, can we?

/TOA

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

yeah sure whatever you say anything to justify your own position.

the difference between you and i

i could care less what you think

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
here is a link to the speech

www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I thought it was more than $250k. It's not?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

news flash, other than government workers, people are already putting in overtime to make ends meet, even opening lines of credit to make ends meet.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

people have their whole lives to prepare for their retirement and too many people just say meh let the government take care of it.

the smart people never put all their eggs into one basket.

to put their livelyhoods on one things is sheer stupidity.

that ss check is a guranteed live of poverty like every other social program.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I wonder if social security checks will go out regardless or if it is just a threat? How will people pay their rent or their own bills? I don't think the people should be punished for the governments mishandling of the SS funds. I talked to social security today they said they know NOTHING. They are being kept in the dark and the might not even get their pay for their job!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There are many people who live paycheck to paycheck and can't save up. There are also people who are disabled or work low paying jobs. Sure on ss you will live in poverty but through smartly managing money a person can do ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join