It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

yep tha rich person isnt creating wealth and a better life for themselves instead of the "so called poor" who wait all their lives for a handout from the people who work and provide for their families.

no no other people who have more and responsible for paying everything from cradle to grave for them.

nah.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

Sorry had a phone call.

I don't buy into his centrist act and I choose the word act for a reason. I base my views in large on who he has surrounded himself with and what they say. We know even though what they say does not come from him directly it is carefully vetted and approved before it is said.

His Czars messages have been very ideological in fact. Too extreme even for many Democrats I've spoken too.

As evidence I mention the fact that even though his Administration and the DNC had complete control of the entire Government, they could not pass a Budget over the course of two years. That is where we find out behind the screen his idea's are radical enough he can't even get his own Party behind him.

His choice of demeaning the US instead of trying to motivate the country to push forward is very telling as to who he is also. His inability to hide his own disdain for others when acting as our representative to the world is telling also. Sending the Bust / Gift back to the UK screamed his hatred of them. You would think a man capable of being President could control his impulses in that situation. Again I think those surrounding him have a lot to do with those actions.

Then again on the two occasions just recently where he flat out said on camera that we the voters are not knowledgeable enough to make decisions; We know we have a representative government, but do we want ideologues that tell us they will do one thing and then do something different after they are elected? Do we want Elitists who can barely hide the fact they consider us inferior and nothing more than a nuisance to them? Our wants are just things to be ignored as they tell us what lies they think we want to hear?

I've never agreed he is a great speaker and have found him one of the most transparent Presidents in my life spanning from JFK to now. He wears his ideology on his shirtsleeve for all to see. You likely noticed the fire in his expression whenever he is challenge? I've known many people like that and they are in no way the right people to lead and unite anyone.

Leadership is the art of compromise and we need leaders.

I know in detail where the R's stand and what they want right down to the numbers. I have not a clue what Obama's plan is beyond vague talking points and even the CBO said they could not rank his plan as they have none to rank.

One good thing is folks are seeing how phony both sides are now. You seem to lean Obama's way, but is he your idea of a Leader? I've only seen two; JFK and Reagan who were both masters at their art.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

ignorance is stealing money from someone else without a thought to as where that money comes from.

the ignorance here is when someone tries to do the same to you nope your not having that

but but but its ok to screw someone else over.

over petty bigotry.

I agree. Allowing multi-national corporations and their uber wealthy CEO's to steal wealth from this nation without contributing a substantial amount back to guarantee the long-term well being of this nation is hypocritical, and those who champion the 'rights' of these elite, ultra wealthy folks are very ignorant.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

whats pathetic here is that over 100 million people are on the government dime and it cant be paid for

and no amount of money you want to steal from people will ever pay for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by coldkidc

yep tha rich person isnt creating wealth and a better life for themselves instead of the "so called poor" who wait all their lives for a handout from the people who work and provide for their families.

no no other people who have more and responsible for paying everything from cradle to grave for them.

nah.

Cradle to grave? Do you actually TRY to make sense!? What freaking country are you talking about? Not the US, that's for damn sure?

Seriously, what planet are you transmitting from? Your claims have no basis of reality in this world.
edit on 25-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

link   
Looking forward to the critique of Boehners rebuttal...

Oh wait...there isn't one....because most of you could care less anyway....you're just worried about Obama when Boehners even more full of S then he is.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah - the rich have been getting richer at a pace way faster than the rest of the country...I don't see any trickle down.
Isn't that supposed to create jobs and make us peons lives wonderful? Oh...but it's not - we're getting left in the dust.
And here you are defending the rich who command an army of lawyers and lobbyists
Trust me - they don't need your help.
Try speaking up for the people who don't have a voice.

link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker

Steve lives in Cali because nobody really wants to live in China at present
But the manufacturing of the Ipod, Ipad and such are made in china, much like everything else. most anything in your house was made in China or Taiwan I bet. now imagine if everything in someones house was made in America

everything in the world is made in china except a few things that are made in other crap countries. and they are for the simple fact that the corporations increase profit margin and reduce spending. to assume it's cause of americas policies then you would be accepting a world in which americans work tons of hours a week in poor conditions for slave labor wages.

these halfass ideas of what capitalism should be spread the world over the last 10 years, and now countless countries are in our situation and all world leaders are blaming the poor and defending the rich. just cut the BS already and call for a euthanization of all poor people. what a pity they dare defy horrid work practices and wish to have a stable middle class lifestyle.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

LOL you are totally missing the point. Steve LIVES in the states, but his products are MADE in China, what produces jobs? the MANUFACTURING of those goods.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

gee let me look up just how many conservative sole means of support is that monthly check as opposed as those hard welfare workers.

and how naive are people who think what they pay into ss even amounts to what they receive.

last time i heard the person pays little bit in around 6 percent and then some genius said lets make the employer mathc that with another 6 percent and then another genius ( the government ) decides who gets it and then steals it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

whats pathetic here is that over 100 million people are on the government dime and it cant be paid for

and no amount of money you want to steal from people will ever pay for it.

Funny how you NEVER whne about military spending or corporate subsidies.

Funny how you only attack social programs meant to ensure that America does not have poverty on scale with a third world nation.

But, that makes sense since your ideology would like to turn the US into a third world nation, where corporations can pay us what they pay workers in china. Think of all the JOBS!

link   
reply to post by krossfyter

this isnt india this is america when people fell and rose on their own and asked for nothing but to be left alone

thats what bult this country and people with their hands out is what is destroying it.

link   
I find it hard to stomach all the vehement angst against the rich.

I am not rich. Not by any means.

But please try to think about this in another, more generalized context; If you and your neighbor had a garden and your neighbor worked hard all summer long to procure food and you watched t.v., would you demand - quite literally legally ensnare - him/her to give you some of that food simply because they had more? Really?

This is a horrible mentality. There are circumstances in this world that make one person's life hard. Other circumstances will make another's life easy. Some people strive the whole of their lives to acquire monetary wealth. Some people, like myself, do not.

How do you demand someone give up their hard work, time, and effort to support people they don't know? Don't we, as a nation, want the incentives to lie with good 'ol hard work? Don't we, as a nation, want our children to know that if they strive for an earnest, honest goal, they can get it? Don't we, as a nation, value INDEPENDENCE?

Entitlement from taxes on the rich says the opposite exactly. Entitlement says, "if you work hard, they'll take more from you." Are these our national values? And there's really this much support for such values? I'm ashamed.

Please go find me an example of when a government has spent money more shrewdly than the private sector.

Get real, folks! Man up! Make your own damn life. Live within your own means. Do not ever expect entitlement.

"Tax the rich!" "They don't need it!"

...wow.

They may not "need" it... but by god, the people who go out and strive to make that kind of money by creating jobs and doing "good work" for their company should never have to suffer for it! $250k a year is peanuts anyway! Besides, you're really not "rich" at all (in my book) until you're takin' in at least two million...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker

LOL you are totally missing the point. Steve LIVES in the states, but his products are MADE in China, what produces jobs? the MANUFACTURING of those goods.

No, you're moving the goal posts (which is why you dont quote our conversation, since it gives context to these claims)

Your clam was the rich PEOPLE were leaving the states to avoid INCOME tax.

Are you saying that the US should be more like China to attract jobs?
edit on 25-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Your right, but that's a different thread I think. There was a time when the employer cared for the employee. but that's all changed. and I would think its in part due to over regulation... A friend of mine started his own business, and he said it was a major headache to get things rolling, and he has to keep up with certifications, permits and such, on top of payroll, maintenance etc.

link   
reply to post by Paote

your comparison is absurd. We arent talking moderately wealth people. We are talking those who have become BILLIONARES.

link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I guess by the tone of this discussion that TPTB's plan is still reaping benefits..

:shk:

Stop playing tennis.. and start looking for a solution?

Ha!

ATS's profit model DEPENDS on that game of tennis!

I beg to differ....and I still hold out hope that those members' voices, seeking a solution, will eventually outweigh the left/right noise...

It certainly looks like it still further down the road than I would like, but I won't give up hope

link   

you never attack anything except the poster.

defense spending go ahead and cut it and put peoples lives on the line with walmart pay and walmart systems

sure why the hell not its not you that has to go off and fight and die for your country.

every single person in this country benefits in more ways than one from defense spending.

aint noone driving tanks up main street and dropping bombs on your head.

and 100 million people getting paid by taxes instead of generating tax revenue makes no nevermind to you

its great to see where your priorites lay.

link   
reply to post by neo96

How the hell can you blame the person when it's the system that's eff'd up?
What are they going to say?

"Oh no Mr. Goverment guy, I don't what that check because I'd rather let my kids go hungry than take your handouts"

You're taking about amounts that are fractions of what the richest American's make in a day.

Would you let people starve so you can pad your already huge bank account?

The rich obviously haven't created enough jobs with all the cash they've stashed to support us all.

Thank God that there's some assistance for the poor otherwise they'd all be on the street.

link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Steve Jobs lives in Califronia, and they have a fairly high (according to you guys) tax rate. Not 0%

Got any other examples?

Oy vey.

Steve Jobs salary is $1.00, yes, one dollar a year:

Go to frame five.

I'd bet my grandmother's secret recipe for gefilte fish that he's not paying much on taxes with that level of income.

Do you have any other examples?

Shalom.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join