It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I bet the Federal payroll could be cut in half tomorrow.Veterans excluded, they earned it all, Social Security.
I would start with pensions and prevailing wages. Getting all illegals, and fakes off government programs would be next.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes the government is too big. Yes it over reaches.
However, the rich have their hands out and have for a really long time.

The RICH.

Sad and pathetic. 98 percent would not be impacted by tax hikes and yet somehow the yahoos in congress feel that they are representing the country by refusing those tax increases? Oh, I see, they are representing the people that pay for their campaigns.

Our government is bought and paid for and neither you nor I have the reciept.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
Shorter Obama Speech

“Since nothing else has worked, I’m going to try some mild populism tonight, but I’m still prepared to meet the GOP 90% of the way and enact Hoover-like policies in a recession.”

Shorter Speaker of the House John Boehner: “Get stuffed.”

Ya

Obama is more conservative than Reagan

He could birth Ayn Rand and still be a Commie

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The gall of him! Doesn't Obama know that history began in January 09?? Unless, of course, you're blaming previous DEMOCRATIC Administrations, in which case you can blame Clinton for 9-11 and the mortgage crises, while blaming Carter for Iran Contra and probably blame FDR for all sorts of stuff.

But never ever mention the past if it was during a GOP Administration! Then it's the previous admin's fault, or the Democratic Congress!! Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
After Obama's "Blame everyone but myself and my party back 10+ years" game for his total lack of management skills, Boehner's address was good to hear.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I agree with all of this. he ran on all that "small business" BS then turned around and doled out super-government jobs. hes to much of a pansy to stand on any real platform, and with that the republicans can beat this guy if they had half a brain.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's funny most of the replies are focusing on who's fault it is or who created the problem, exactly what the two of them did on tv.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The ultimate punchline to this tragic joke is that both the president and congress are only seeking to protect their interests not the American people and to push this problem beyond the 2012 elections.

They don't care about anything but the upcoming elections.

Nothing in any of their plans address the problems longer term, only goal is to raise the debt ceiling for as long as possible.

It is do or die for the nation, and lose or win elections for them.

Don't you wish you could endlessly raise your own debt limits and print your own money when you get into trouble?

Yeah, its all Bush's fault.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
It's funny most of the replies are focusing on who's fault it is or who created the problem, exactly what the two of them did on tv.

The problem is we are trying to establish a base line for reality

Do you extract water from the boat?

Or

Do you set it a fire?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i hear one more person say take more from the "rich" i am going to go scream

half this country does not even pay taxes so when i hear people saying tax the rich more when they do not even use the services it is infuriating.

finance.yahoo.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

money.cnn.com...

end the blind blgotry and actually know for once what is what in this country.

edit on 25-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I want a well thought out answer please if anyone can find one.

Why was the debate brought out in the open on TV with nothing solved?

What was it's purpose?

Was it free advertisment for the president?

Looked like two bad boys blaming the other for their 'mess'.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem that the Deficit Issue seems to far out of whack to do anything about it at this point, and both Obama & Boehner are just struggling to accept it, these two people are supposed to be the one who figure out these though issues.

The S&P ( Standard&Poors ) are hinting at the fact that the American Credit rating has already fell below Triple A because of everything going on, Maybe we are already screwed and this is Pointless bickering back and forth is just a ploy to distract the citizens from the harsh truth. But they are doing it to Cover their butts so they can say we Tried.

i dont know anything for sure, other that the fallout is going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i hear one more person say take more from the "rich" i am going to go scream

half this country does not even pay taxes so when i hear people saying tax the rich more when they do not even use the services it is infuriating.

Totally. Those ultra wealthy deserve all their money. They worked hard, and screwed over countless individuals to get it, and even if that VAST majority of us will never, ever, ever, ever be that wealthy, we should all vote AS IF we might be that wealthy one day, because rich people make all the jobs, and just as soon as they get those tax cuts, they will be making all those jobs for us...

oh, they've had the tax cuts the whole time?

Then where arr the jobs?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
After Obama's "Blame everyone but myself and my party back 10+ years" game for his total lack of management skills, Boehner's address was good to hear.

Yes those republicans are so awsome. I can't wait for them to get into power and fix this country back to how it was in 2008!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I guess by the tone of this discussion that TPTB's plan is still reaping benefits..

:shk:

Stop playing tennis.. and start looking for a solution?

Ha!

ATS's profit model DEPENDS on that game of tennis!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Rich Elites used people like you to vote in their agenda 30 years ago

These rich elite people used you and your concent to manufacture a bubble and a crash
based upon love for the rich and business. The concept was a scam, you guys are proposing the
same ideas and you disregard why the economy was hit worse than any economy has been hit in history.
It was hit because people like you lionize the elite, which created the support to engineer destructive policies,
create loop holes and change laws. You always win NEO, you are winning now, the rich are getting richer and
have been...

why are you complaining?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

you say screw the rich people, yet don't you see whats happened? the rich guys are leaving the U.S. to nations where they would pay 0 taxes on property and such. we need to bring jobs back into this country, and if we just keep threatening the ones who have stayed with higher taxes, they'll leave too. so for you the decision to live with at this point would be, lets the rich have their tax cuts, or accept mass deportation, so Americans can have the
jobs that are left. sadly this may be what it comes down to

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

you say screw the rich people, yet don't you see whats happened? the rich guys are leaving the U.S. to nations where they would pay 0 taxes on property and such.

They are? Like who? Like where?

we need to bring jobs back into this country, and if we just keep threatening the ones who have stayed with higher taxes, they'll leave too. so for you the decision to live with at this point would be, lets the rich have their tax cuts, or accept mass deportation, so Americans can have the
jobs that are left. sadly this may be what it comes down to

Exactly!, because we 'need 'jobs, we should let the rich do whatever they want! They make the jobs!

Where are these jobs they make>>>???

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

as opposed to the entitlement class who sells their votes to that one party who guarantees them a monthly check

promise them free stuff and they will never lose their votes.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

every single rich hater seeks to screw them out of money so they can sit on their butts all their lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join