It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The man did not actually say anything in my opinion. Just more of the same. Blah, Blah, Yadda, yadda, Not my fault, Bush did it. Huurumph!

He actually sought the job of POTUS. He has never met a payroll or lead anything other than on a emotional level. And he has been crying unfair for two and a half years, all the while pushing a agenda that most citizens disagree with.

Man up I say. He is the Captain of this ship and if we go down...why do I think that he will be nowhere to be found.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by Janky Red

Care to back that up?

Here you go

One of the internets oldest national debt clocks

Their debt has 4 parts, but the bulk of it is calculated from 4 inputs (yellow and tan) that you can check with the color coded links to the treasury at the bottom. This will verify the $3.4 Trillion Reagan-Bush debt and the $6.1 Trillion G.W. Bush debt. Together that's $9.5 Trillion. Now some of G.W. Bush's debt is really interest on the Reagan-Bush debt, so he is not as bad as he looks, and Reagan-Bush are lot worse because of all their interest. You can see that in the graph above.
Interest is calculated on the second sheet (tab at bottom). But you know that 17 years of compound interest on 3.4 Trillion is going to add a lot. So a $12 Trillion total is very believable, and if you want to spend 10 minutes you can check it easily.

zfacts.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So what did Reagan tell us about calculating his debt? (1) Start on October 1, 1981, and (2) Don't forget the interest costs of the debt.
October 1, 1981 is the beginning of his first budget year (fiscal year). He's right. He is not responsible for Carter's last budget year that runs until Oct. 1. But Reagan is responsible for his own last budget year, which ran until Sept. 30 1989. That's eight years, which is right for two terms. Reagan was right and fair about this, and that's what the spreadsheet above does.
And, like he said, the interest on the debt matters. And since he and Bush-I left us $3.4 Trillion of extra debt when Bush-I's last budget year ended on Sept. 30, 1993, that debt started collecting interest, and it still is. Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama are not responsible for that interest. So the spreadsheet actually over-states G.W. Bushes debt because quite a bit of that was interest on the Reagan-Bush-I debt. But shifting that responsibility to Reagan-Bush (as the graph shows) does not affect our total for Reagan and the Bushes.
G.W. Bush took control of the budget on Oct. 1, 2001, when the debt was $5.8 Trillion and his last budget year ended Oct. 1, 2009, with the debt at $11.9 Trillion. During that last year, Obama got a stimulus bill passed, but that's the only significant change he was able to make in federal spending. (You can see it subtracted above.) Spending the stimulus money was slow, so only $36 Billion ($0.036 Trillion) contributed to Bush's deficits. So instead of raising the debt $6.10 Trillion, he only raised it $6.06 Trillion.
About $0.2 Trillion is still left from WWII, and Obama has $1.25 Trillion that's his. Of course half of that is from the Bush-II tax cuts and most of the rest is because of the Great Recession.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

You want to tell millions of people they can not have the tax breaks from Bush. Go tell them they will receive half for their children at tax time. Reduce the government! I will be willing to bet I can find enough garbage existing to cut from the budget to offset it. No reason to tax anyone higher than it already is at.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Get rid of tax cuts for the rich and screw any rich person who does not agree or who will get on board. We are at a crossroads, continue the failed economic policies of the last 35 years and watch how much worser it will get, change the course now and watch us come back. We have no third option. The time is now.

Damn straight he attacked 43 as him and Daddy were the direct and sole cause for this entire mess and predicament we are in now, this is just facts and whoever cannot see that is blinder then a bat.

TPTB, Wall Street, the GOP, The banks are all betting on the nation defaulting as it will make it just that much easier for them to implement their draconian policies and whoever here or anywhere is for them is Anti American and a traitor to this great nation.
edit on 25-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

The deficit didn't rise by 4 trillion dollars because of Bush². You forgot to add a Clinton and multiply by the square of an Obama.

/TOA

You forgot to add Reagan and Bush, then compound to 8.2 Trillion

If we add Reagan it took 28 years to get to 10 trillion in 2008, but only 3 years to add another 4 trillion. Math is fun.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The only thing to say is that both sides shared equally in causing this mess and both sides are full of it trying to blame the other.

I just don't get why people continue to be members of either Party?

well said. i dont get it either. how about the party thats for the people and by the people? what happened to that one?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I just don't get why people continue to be members of either Party?

Couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by Blaine91555I think his problem is he has surrounded himself with ideological friends instead of the people he needs. Does that mean he is that naive, or does it means he owes them? Likely the later i guess but then he does repeat the words they write for him, which cannot make him the brightest bulb to ever reside in the White House.
edit on 7/25/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

I really don't understand observations like these, though. How has he been that ideological? Just because he wants to raise tax levels on the wealthy? End a tax cut for the top 2% that was meant to be temporary? Obama has been largely a centrist, who, if anything, has been too much into compromise for most of his presidency, IMO.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Even so, Obama is the most transparent liar in my memory.

You mean better than IRAQ attacked us on 9/11

You can't make this stuff up

People in the future will think we are INSANE when they read the above

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I guess by the tone of this discussion that TPTB's plan is still reaping benefits..

:shk:

Stop playing tennis.. and start looking for a solution?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

You want to tell millions of people they can not have the tax breaks from Bush. Go tell them they will receive half for their children at tax time. Reduce the government! I will be willing to bet I can find enough garbage existing to cut from the budget to offset it. No reason to tax anyone higher than it already is at.

you serious? between 2001 and 2008, the bottom 80 percent of filers received about 35 percent of the cuts. The top 20 percent received about 65 percent—and the top 1 percent alone claimed 38 percent.

reinstating the pre-gwb era rates would take a sizable chunk out of the debt, and cutting out the ME bullcrap would take another chunk. factor that in with some massive cuts and things wouldn't be too bad.

and even still, long term all of this is useless. the governments the whole world over have no plans to bring jobs back to thier own countries, it's detrimental to thier lobbyist overlords.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
didnt watch it cause i knew it was going to be bs.

cant stand obama.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
does it really matter what he has to say.

the man has strings attached to him

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

Here it is folks, read it a couple of times first, then let it sink in. The Government is too big, too costly and ultimately redundant. It is time to cut it down to size. The easiest way to save money in your business is too cut down on employees that are redundant and up the work load of the remaining staff. You would not have to cut vital social programs but non vital programs could be put on hiatus or cancelled. Telling the top earners in the country who actually do pay tax but at a lower percentage that they now have to pay more for being successful is not a good idea. They employ, pay property tax, payroll taxes etc.. telling them they have to pay more could initiate an exodus. Banks make billions in profit every quarter, maybe they would be willing to pay some more in tax in order to stay in business in the US. The house speaker has it right , almost, the country needs to run within it's means and spend less than it makes.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i did dvr a show and im listening to the fist few minutes:

a decade of overspending

and obama hasnt spent over 4 trillion since office.

spent money on wars

and obama hasnt bomb pakistan,libya,yemen and somailia.

and obama hasnt added over 400 billion dollars to medicaid and medicare and other entitlements.

yeah bush spent all that money including the so called stimulus package that bailed out unions and lawyers.

and obama didnt bailout government motors and a myriad of other too big to fail crap.

i stopped right there

its freaking riduculous that obama can not take personal responsibility for anything hes done.

blame bush blah

what a loser.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Telling the top earners in the country who actually do pay tax but at a lower percentage that they now have to pay more for being successful is not a good idea. They employ, pay property tax, payroll taxes etc.. telling them they have to pay more could initiate an exodus.

they employ?? more like outsource, cut corners, and lobby for more work visas.

they pay taxes?? more like lobby for massive cuts and breaks, all while utilizing loopholes made by them for them.

an exodus of our corporate monsters would be most welcomed IMO.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Originally posted by habfan1968

Telling the top earners in the country who actually do pay tax but at a lower percentage that they now have to pay more for being successful is not a good idea. They employ, pay property tax, payroll taxes etc.. telling them they have to pay more could initiate an exodus.

they employ?? more like outsource, cut corners, and lobby for more work visas.

they pay taxes?? more like lobby for massive cuts and breaks, all while utilizing loopholes made by them for them.

an exodus of our corporate monsters would be most welcomed IMO.

I agree, replace them with small business's

link   
Shorter Obama Speech

“Since nothing else has worked, I’m going to try some mild populism tonight, but I’m still prepared to meet the GOP 90% of the way and enact Hoover-like policies in a recession.”

Shorter Speaker of the House John Boehner: “Get stuffed.”

link   
doble post

edit on 25-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join