It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

I guarantee you, your concerns about the rich paying more taxes will absolutely pale in comparison to what will happen to your country - and the rest of the world if it defaults.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker
reply to post by guitarplayer

That is simply just so much money that it is unbelievable. What the hell how to sort that # out.

Anyway could the 1000 richest not easily fix it? - or maybe the 2000 richest. Give them a statue or something and then they add 1 billion dollars each directly to pay of debth? - Then you guys and the rest of your union floating around again in a matter of weeks.

Thanks,

Hate to break it to you, but the United states only has 412 people, that have over a Billion dollars. Only about 1200 world wide.

The united states is TRILLIONS in debt.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Mikeyy because: d

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnitudeZero
reply to post by Mikeyy

I guarantee you, your concerns about the rich paying more taxes will absolutely pale in comparison to what will happen to your country - and the rest of the world if it defaults.

I'm interested to hear what will happen?

Curious..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Did you guys see what Obama did after that speech?!

Clearly the stress of the presidency is getting to him.

edit on 7/26/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I like how there is a countdown to all of this...This country fails miserably...I give up... Knucklehead politicians make me laugh

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by beansanmash
reply to post by Fitch303

The Republicans aren't horrible, they are just much deeper into the corporate pockets.

What did Jesse Ventura always say, "follow the money."

Its not that hard to figure out where all their campaign finances have come from and then figure out who's interests they're actually representing.

And this whole Rupert Murdoch fiasco has shown that a head of Fox News has clear political motivations, and yet millions of Americans continue to parrot the views it feeds them as unbiased truth.

and you've all fallen for it hook line and sinker.

take a step back, please, maybe shoveling more money into the pockets of the super-wealthy instead of taking less medicare and social security away from the average America isn't what is best for the economy.

If the super rich actually cared about the economy, they would suggest to create a separate fund that would be used to benefit private business, not just ask that it be stuffed into their already brimming pockets.

it's called venture capital, i believe.

you apply for it and if the money guys like your idea then they will start you up.

of course they will want a piece of the action, but so wouldn't a bank.

or just interest.

depends. i've used them. terms are fair and one can usually get another injection of capital if needed.

banks usually won't do that.

like legal loan sharks.

edit on 26-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

so in this case, legal political loan sharks, lol sounds about right.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wow... some of the comments here are just silly. Below is the actual speech. I really cant believe no one has linked it yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Came here to see the vid but I guess today I have to search myself. What a shame of a thread!!!! A threeliner and thats it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Wow... some of the comments here are just silly. Below is the actual speech. I really cant believe no one has linked it yet.

I can't believe this guy got elected. This whole problem of debt proves the American people are retarded. none of you have any idea about where your money is going or why he wants more. you stop spending if you can't afford things. I learned that in grade four of primary school. I guess this is what you get when you elect a puppet, needless to say an African amercian with an Arab name. yes like he said call congress and complain. like that's going to work. stop voting for retards to run your country. like anything is going to change.

He needs to be able to pay foreign aid, this is the hidden truth to it all.

Countries rely on aid, the USA relies on aid to ensure dictators and Muslim leaders keep quiet about any number of corrupt things going on. do you guys know that you give aid to countries like china, Russia and India. They have more money than the USA. So what gives? I think it's the inability of the US people to realize when they are getting lied and cheated out of it's own prosperity.
debt vs aid

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What a joke? Would you give this establishment more money? why is US so proud of itself?

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 26 Jul 2011 at 10:23:17 AM GMT is: $14,356,340,394,501.23

The estimated population of the United States is 311,003,037
so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,161.42.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.83 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Did you expect anything different? We thought Jimmy Carter was aweful....but damn Obama sucks worse. I do not believe this so-called president has the best intrests of the the U.S. in mind. Even worse is there still will be people stupid enough to vote for this clown again. So tired of hearing how this guy is the first black president....he is not. He is the first mixed president. He has 50% white blood in his veins. And that is a FACT....not my opinion. He is a farce and those that voted for this clown deserve what they get.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Clinton is in China assking them to continue financing US debts

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
Now he is using good old class warfare. This started on the five minute mark and he uses a really funny approach. Something along the lines of, rich people like me don't need tax cuts and we don't ask for them!

Using class warfare?

The gap between "The Rich" and everyone else is much larger than it has ever been.

The power and natural resources the plutocracy control is unfathomable.

But don't worry Obama isn't going to change anything...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Blah Blah Blah... I'm sick of people whining every time Obama merely acknowledges the fact that he was handed a steaming turn of an economy when he took office. He's right! let him blame Bush and move on.

I'm amazed that anyone thought it was a good idea to give congress a GOP majority in the house with all those Tea Party morons - we've got the congress we deserve and there is no one to blame but the American people for the current situation.

Don't forget, Bush inherited a surplus and he squandered it to provide tax cuts that were unnecessary and unfunded. The deficit doubled under his presidency and he had nothing to show for it but an international financial crisis, 700,000 disappearing jobs every month, two ridiculous quagmires, wholesale extrajudicial torture, and a SHRINKING middle class. I guess hedge fund managers and derivatives traders made out really well... but the other 98% of the American people got the shaft - and it's not unseemly for Obama to allude to that from time to time when he has to deal with this bullsh!t.

Obama "attacked" the Bush administration because the Bush administration is to blame. The only reason the deficits are so large is because of all the spending that has been necessary to prop up jobs, the states, the unemployed... oh yeah, and Obama finally stopped hiding the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan too... Deficit spending in a recession is the right thing to do and big deficit spending in a big recession is the right thing to do as well.

So stop whining. Your guys really f**ked things up from 2000 to 2008. Admit it and tell your representatives to work with the democrats to avoid default and actually make life a little better for 98% of the American people.

Or, Obama will probably just raise the debt ceiling by executive order, be seen as a hero, ensure his re-election and probably democratic majorities in the house and senate in 2012. The democrats didn't pick this fight but they are fully capable of finishing it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This was clearly one of Obama's worst and most partisan speeches and he's had a week full of gems buried in his "news pressers". This latest creation of the Wordsmith in Chief was simply a campaign speech and a call to arms for his shrinking base of blind supporters.

The man is all out opposed to a Balanced Budget Amendment a yet drops a carefully crafted "Balanced Approach" statement about 7 times throughout the short speech. When you tie a term such as this to a speech on the economy the natural association is going to be with a balanced budget because of how the average American Balances a check book on a regular basis..

Beware of catch phrases crafted by Obama because they hold no water and simply serve to deceive. To Obama, Balance simply means spend more, tax more. Clearly the wrong path to balancing our nations problems.

The man is the master and has yet to bring anything other than higher taxes to support his spending habit to the negotiation table. There are currently at least $7 trillion ways to save money for this nation and Obama has yet to consider any of them. Period!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by BrianC
Now he is using good old class warfare. This started on the five minute mark and he uses a really funny approach. Something along the lines of, rich people like me don't need tax cuts and we don't ask for them!

Using class warfare?

The gap between "The Rich" and everyone else is much larger than it has ever been.

The power and natural resources the plutocracy control is unfathomable.

But don't worry Obama isn't going to change anything...

edit on 26-7-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

The gap is larger because of politicians like Obama who strive to hold down the lower classes and to marginalize the middle class. There is plenty of "big talk" about the struggling middle class. However, the reality aims to push the middle class even further from the wealthy. Big Labor spent $2.2 billion dollars on Obama and Dems. between the 2008 and 2010 election campaigns. More than all interest groups COMBINED.

Big Labor needs a marginalized working middle class in order to stay relevant and they are willing to spend a massive chunk of all of their forced dues collection to ensure it. All on the backs of the workers.

Class warfare is part of the plan and Obama has fueled the fire since his first day in office. The numbers of people with zero Federal Tax liability are growing every year and will soon cross the 50% percent mark. That of course places all of the tax burden on a select group of people who work just as hard for their families as everyone else. It's just not right and it is not what this nation's founders had in mind for our ONCE great nation.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
seriously? the first ten minutes of obama's speech attacking the bush regime warrants a thread? even the title just screams "neocons rant here"

hate to tell you this buddy, bush served his 2 terms and will not be coming back. FAR from thrilled with obama's term, but i'd vote for the idiot in the white house before i would ever vote for the previous tenant given the choice.

seriously though, you people (by you people i mean this country) need to get over this left versus right bullS#. this is the reason we are where we are. too much worrying about who we aren't catering to. too much religious beliefs in our laws and basis for national/state budgets.

i fall right in the middle (perhaps a TINY bit right) but the republicans are basically saying "we have the power, do it our way or we let this country wither away". doesn't sound to me like they give a damn about the people.

perhaps they know people are going to lose it when this deal doesn't get done, hence the 20,000 troops deployed in our own backyard (which is probably just the first group of many)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

lawl why would you think obama would do anything good.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

lol it would have been better if he fell and the door didnt open.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unthought Known

Originally posted by Fitch303
OMG I hate this President. "lets work together, republicans are horrible and i'm amazing" pretty much sums up his speech.

Republicans ARE horrible, at least in the Capital they are. All of you who continue to put blame on Obama how about you look at the fact that the Repulicants (not a typo) won't ever budge from their party line. Never ever take a diplomatic approach and do what's best for the country.

"Hey "Mcfly": Who's got a lock on "what's best for the country"?Certainly not You,Harry Reid, Pelosi, and the "Oh-man".Taking a firm stand on spending is what's best for my check book and "the country's".
Know what? Bring our troops home;close a few more O'seas bases; cut some military programs, 'sfine by me.

Originally posted by Unthought Known

But hey, Bush was so awesome! I can't believe this country fell apart in only the past 3 years. Man if Bush could have just stayed President for eternity then his life long dream of being a dictator would have come true. And we all know that a Dictatorship is the way to go!!! Woo Hoo!! Long live the Republicants...its their way or the highway!

edit on 26-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join