It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

ignorance is stealing money from someone else without a thought to as where that money comes from.

the ignorance here is when someone tries to do the same to you nope your not having that

but but but its ok to screw someone else over.

over petty bigotry.

So you're saying that nobody should pay taxes?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
The more money my boss has, the more likely he will be to give me a raise or expand the business and hire more people.

Riiight. Because that worked for eight years. How do you think we got into this mess? Hell, we bailed big business out and we're still on the brink.

I think you have Stockholm Syndrome.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah

So you're saying that nobody should pay taxes?

We already pay state taxes for roads and emergency services...then we pay sales tax, and like 50 other taxes related to buying and selling....There is NO NEED for an income tax on regular employees!!! It's not even in the tax code to charge everyday people an income tax!!! I want all of my taxes back. The gov't doesn't need your money because they can print their own...if they get rid of that criminal organization called the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Most people learn how to cut their spending first. A job takes longer to find. Cuts are quick. There is no guarantee you will find another, better paying job, especially when the unemployment rate is 9.2%!

Failed campaign promises by Nobama:

Cut government spending to pre-stimulus, pre-bailout levels

The Promise:

Will "roll back government spending to pre-stimulus, pre-bailout levels, saving at least $100 billion in the first year alone."

Create 5 million "green" jobs

The Promise:

Will "create 5 million 'green' jobs; will invest $150 billion over ten years to deploy clean technologies, protect our existing manufacturing base and create millions of new jobs."

Not doing too good here.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by SilentKillah

Most people learn how to cut their spending first. A job takes longer to find. Cuts are quick. There is no guarantee you will find another, better paying job, especially when the unemployment rate is 9.2%!

Failed campaign promises by Nobama:

Cut government spending to pre-stimulus, pre-bailout levels

The Promise:

Will "roll back government spending to pre-stimulus, pre-bailout levels, saving at least $100 billion in the first year alone."

Create 5 million "green" jobs

The Promise:

Will "create 5 million 'green' jobs; will invest $150 billion over ten years to deploy clean technologies, protect our existing manufacturing base and create millions of new jobs."

Not doing too good here.

Yes. Obama is clearly a complete failure.
-----------
So what could he run on in 2012?
$750 million in class warfare ads against the GOP?

-------
It's over. Obama blew it.
Saying the word - balanced - over and over won't work. Nice try.
Bye....bye....Obama. We hope you enjoy the change of scenery in Chicago.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

$750 million in class warfare ads against the GOP?

It would be nice...it's what the GOP has been doing the last 30 years....and every bill they have currently proposed on the debt limit proves that.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Oh, and I forgot to mention his promise that unemployment would not go above 8%! How'd that one work Barry? Politifact.com gives him a 24% success on his campaign promises. Not good at all, of course we all knew this before the freeloaders elected him!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

The more money my boss has, the more likely he will be to give me a raise or expand the business and hire more people.

For some very small business owners, this is true but for much larger global corporations, by raising tax rates, there is more incentive to re-invest money back into the business (rather than pocket it and get slammed with higher tax rates).

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theplu

They don't re-invest it, they park it offshore. Doesn't matter what you do, they have people trained to find the loopholes. Until a fair, flat tax is imposed it will never change.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Oh, and I forgot to mention his promise that unemployment would not go above 8%! How'd that one work Barry? Politifact.com gives him a 24% success on his campaign promises. Not good at all, of course we all knew this before the freeloaders elected him!

Did you think it would go down?

Many government workers have been layed off increasing unemployment numbers due to spending cuts. Corporations are making record profits yet not hiring anyone....even while paying little to no taxes themselves.

Freeloaders? Define freeloaders please.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Agreed that loopholes need to be closed, etc. But it drives me crazy that people just keep repeating "if you raise taxes, they'll just move my job overseas or pass the cost to the consumer." It's more complicated than just raising taxes but history shows that higher tax rates alone do not kill jobs. We have the lowest corporate tax intake of any developed nation and yet the jobs are still going overseas. We need regulations to keep our jobs here. None of which is dealt with in any of the deals on the table.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Not federal workers. State level, yes but that has nothing to do with the debate at hand. Freeloaders are the ones who bought into the whole healthcare reform debacle and collect welfare.

Freeloader - A person who takes advantage of others' generosity without giving anything in return.

Defines a whole lot of Americans!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theplu

Agreed that loopholes need to be closed, etc. But it drives me crazy that people just keep repeating "if you raise taxes, they'll just move my job overseas or pass the cost to the consumer."

The answer to that is raising tariffs on imports.

Corporations can't stop it...tax every single product that crosses our borders. That's the penalty for sending American jobs out of the country.

If they don't like paying the higher taxes then they can start hiring here again.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Obama is the biggest shining example of a Doofus in charge. But, he is a glorious politician.
He speaks, yet says nothing.
Hears, yet does not listen.
Moves, but really produces no action.

But, yes, it is always Bush's fault. Even 20 years from now, it will be Bush's fault.

When ET lands, and kills people it will be Bush's fault.
If you stub your toe, it is Bush's fault.

Same crap, different day.
edit on 26-7-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So you were just B.Sing. Figured.
Good thing those unemployed wont have to pay too many more taxes out of their paychecks I guess.

Also you and I both know that the taxes are only going to be raised on the wealthiest people, who could by themselves save this country, but aren't going to because of their greed.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Freeloaders are the ones who bought into the whole healthcare reform debacle and collect welfare.

Actually the public option was wanted by majority of Americans in poll after poll that I seen....there weren't enough votes in the Senate for it to pass however.

The insurance companies lobbied for the mandates, big pharma wanted the health care reform as well...they both cut deals with the white house long before the bill was passed.

So i'm sure you're angry with them as well right?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Wow! Finally something we can agree on! I've been saying that for a while! Tax an imported product so that the price is the average price of a US made product. See how long exporting jobs will last. Oh, and add to it any outsourced call centers pay a 50% tax. Stop the foreigners from pretending to be Steve!

link   

Originally posted by haarvik

ABC did a report on the roughly $15 Million spent on all those propaganda signs along the side of the road about
the Recovery Act helping with the economic recovery. Forget the signs! Give us the recovery!
----------
$800 Billion down the toilet.
We also spent $144,000 giving coc aine to monkeys!

link   
I dont blame him, bush left obama neck deep in sh!t. The bush administration spent and borrowed several more times more money than every other administration COMBINED. Obamas still a farce..lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Don't humor him he's delusional. Or is working under the table for Jesus Christ. I'm not sure yet.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join