It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2005 YU55 FEMA Drill Connection?!? November 8-9

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
On November 8th you are probably aware of a close encounter with Asteroid 2005 YU55 - in fact, there have been many threads about this asteroid on ATS, and many that try to make a correlation between YU55, Elenin, "Nibiru", etc...

2005 YU55 is a potentially hazardous object that is 400 meters in diameter. It was discovered on 28 December 2005 by Robert S. McMillan at Steward Observatory, Kitt Peak.

On 8 November 2011 at 23:28 UT, the asteroid will safely pass within 0.85 lunar distances of the Earth. A lunar distance of 0.85 is also 0.00217 AU (325,000 km; 202,000 mi). On 9 November 2011 at 07:13 UT, the asteroid will pass 0.00160 AU (239,000 km; 149,000 mi) from the moon. During the close approach, the asteroid should reach about apparent magnitude 11, and may be visible in high-end binoculars with an objective lens of 70mm or larger.

en.wikipedia.org...

NASA orbital path - www.nasa.gov...

Scientists are in agreement it won't hit Earth. 202,000 miles is pretty close on a cosmic scale, however.

Our friends at FEMA just happen to be conducting a drill on November 9th, a pretty big one - the first nationwide alert system drill-

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The nationwide test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 2 p.m. eastern standard time and may last up to three and a half minutes.

The EAS is a national alert and warning system established to enable the President of the United States to address the American public during emergencies. NOAA's National Weather Service, governors and state and local emergency authorities also use parts of the system to issue more localized emergency alerts.

www.fema.gov...

Now, on 11/9/11 (interesting date huh) , 2005 YU55 will be only 149,000 miles from the Moon.

Obviously one could speculate on such things as perhaps these measurements being a little "off", or that this asteroid could still be affected somehow by other bodies in space that could make it come even closer to Earth (or the Moon)...

My reason for starting this thread is that there seems to be a correlation between "drills" and the real thing.... ( OKC , 9/11, 7/7 UK )

Do they know something we don't and will this really be a "drill" or the real thing?

possibly related - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-7-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
what kind of damage would happen from a object this size?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
great,
a drill
and next we will have an event,.
didnt we have a drill when 9/11 happened?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Excellent find and yes, I agree that drills should be seen as a possible indicator. I guess we'll only know when November comes. Sounds like an interesting drill too. If the comet did effect the planet somehow, a Nationwide Alert System is exactly what we'd need to get word out.

Spooky? Coincidence? Can't wait to see what the community think.

S&F

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Agreed. On 9/11 they were having a drill that matched exactly the type of attack that took place. Same with 7/7 in the U.K.. And I believe there were drills in Norway only days before that attack.

Either they know something we (the general public) don't, or the guy who plans these drills is the unluckiest bastard on the planet.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011

I am no expert, but 1,312 feet / 400 meters seems big to me.

A Greyhound bus is 45 feet long, so imagine 29 of them lined up, end to end.

Estimated size of Tunguska object - 200 feet, but we really don't know. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Thanks for the 7/7 reference I knew I was forgetting one of the major ones, OP edited.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
As can be seen we will have more then one visitor that day, we will also be passing through Elenins tail and debris at that time...Won't they effect each others orbits being so close together and to us...

edit on 24-7-2011 by Char-Lee because: add

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here is image end animation what indicate how is dangerous this object ..

Here you can calculate damage ..

Animation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b1352b9a0b8.png[/atsimg]

edit on 24-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
hmmm,.
Me wonders how accurate,... or inaccurate the simulation really is,.
what if it hit the moon?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Stony bodies less than 200 meters in diameter do not produce tsunamis, while those larger than 200 meters can produce catastrophic tsunamis. Water waves generated by such an impactor are two-dimensional disturbances that fall off in height only inversely with distance from the point of impact. The average runup in height of a tsunami as it reaches the continental shelf is more than an order of magnitude. An impact anywhere in the Atlantic of a stony asteroid more than 400m (1,300 feet) in diameter would devastate coasts on both sides of the ocean. Tsunami runups would exceed 60m (200 feet).

www.pibburns.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Stony bodies less than 200 meters in diameter do not produce tsunamis, while those larger than 200 meters can produce catastrophic tsunamis. Water waves generated by such an impactor are two-dimensional disturbances that fall off in height only inversely with distance from the point of impact. The average runup in height of a tsunami as it reaches the continental shelf is more than an order of magnitude. An impact anywhere in the Atlantic of a stony asteroid more than 400m (1,300 feet) in diameter would devastate coasts on both sides of the ocean. Tsunami runups would exceed 60m (200 feet).

www.pibburns.com...
Glad I live in wisconsin..
no worries here for tsunamis

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As these objects pass by other bodies in our solar system their speed has to be affected. I imagine there is no way to know exactly to what degree they will be affected. These models that show the path in relationship to Earth's orbit are purely speculation at best. Should get interesting as these objects get closer.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Char-Lee

www.pibburns.com...
Glad I live in wisconsin..
no worries here for tsunamis

I am right on the beach :-(

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Bummer,.
I think I would have an alternate location to be at,, in the event of..

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
As these objects pass by other bodies in our solar system their speed has to be affected. I imagine there is no way to know exactly to what degree they will be affected.

The existence of Neptune could be predicted by speed variations in the orbit of Uranus in the early-mid 1800's by hand calculations - now we have computers on our phones that can do that in a fraction of a second!

the effect of the gravity from known objects is somewhat trivial for astronomers to calculate today - it is only unknown ones that hold any mystery.

And unknown ones with any significance would reveal themselves by their effects on existing bodies such as other planets.

Remember - in the mid 1800's there was enough math to predict where Neptune would be based upon irregularities in the orbit of Uranus.

that is why we know elinin is jsut a little comet and not some hulking great brown dwarf, and why we can be pretty sure about where this one will go.

These models that show the path in relationship to Earth's orbit are purely speculation at best.

No - they are the result of a great deal of observation and calculation.

Should get interesting as these objects get closer.

the main variable that remains unknown is the mass of the comet itself - but it is so small compared to that of any planet, or even teh moon, that it could vary by a massive amount and still have little or no effect.

none-the-less, as it gets closer the observations will get more precise and the trajectory refined with less and less potential error - but don't expect any massive changes.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Are you referring to Elenin or YU55?

(or both?)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Both in terms of them being unknown, or their trajectories being speculation, etc.

My comments about math have equal validity.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Actually, a tail of a comet always points away from Sol. Elenin will be roughly between Sol and Earth around September 26. Following that, Elenin will be ahead of Earth in its orbit. This will pose no threat to us.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

The speeds and orbits are affected, but on a rather minute scale. They diminish due to size and distance pretty rapidly. Through math, mainly calculus (Thanks, Newton!), we can get a rather accurate answer to what the effects will be. To say that these models are purely speculation is rather backward thinking towards science.
edit on 7/24/2011 by cmdrkeenkid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join