It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2005 YU55 FEMA Drill Connection?!? November 8-9

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Go to the JPL Small Bodies Database webpage using the following link.....

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Now search for 2005 YU55. That should take you to another page that displays the orbital elements of the asteroid. Click on Close Approach Data, and you will be presented with a long list of close encounters between this asteroid and the inner planets. You will notice that each encounter has a nominal encounter distance, and also maximum and minimum distances. Check these figures for the close approaches to Earth and Moon in November 2011. You will see that the error for both calculations is very low, and that there is no chance whatsoever of the asteroid hitting either body.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

ok. done.
very nice and does answer my questions: thank you.

so the closest approach is roughly 300,000 km, right?
and by looking at the numbers there, our max uncertainty (calculated uncertainty) is nearly 300 km. That's pretty tight and well with comfortable limits apparently. And even well outside satalite orbits: geosinc orbit is 42k right? not too many others further out?

Tts curious tho, on the 2016 close approach estimates, the tolerance goes way up.. to almost 75,000 km. Is this due to not having small corrections that come thru regular observations? Or is it cuz we cranked thru the models at max resolution for this event?

...cruzing by at 50,000km/hr... i hope i can catch it on my scope.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Why? Think of all the nuclear facilities and their fuel rods running dry.

Earth doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell to survive even a modest event.

I hate these religious fanatic posts ...

The danger that life on earth, and especially humanoid life, faces. Is cold, and hunger ... and it is by far more important to keep the heat up, than close all facilities, because you think God is going to punish us.

There is no God.

Secondly, Chernobyl is thriving ... wild life there, is thriving wildly, and is not having any problems. That applies to birds, grass, trees, and other predators. Chernobyl is a test site, now ... it is a site, we know to be contaminated heavily, and we are sitting there with live cameras to see how it evolves.

And what we see, is that there is no problem at all ... the problem of paranoid religious fanatics, is far greater than any threat we face, from nuclear, or extra terrestrial origin. And that is not merely a threat of bombings, but a threat of "iranifying" countries.

Iff there are asteroids and comets out there, they have been orbitting the sun and the planets for billions of years, and if they haven't hit it by now, they are unlikely to do so in the future. For anything to happen, you need a different event ... like the galaxies colliding, that would put things out of balance ... the only objects that can hit us, are objects that are so small that their path can be easily altered by nearby objects ...

Others are no threat ... and never will be.

edit on 19-9-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Tts curious tho, on the 2016 close approach estimates, the tolerance goes way up.. to almost 75,000 km. Is this due to not having small corrections that come thru regular observations? Or is it cuz we cranked thru the models at max resolution for this event?

Earth's gravity will perturb the orbit to a significant extent during the November 2011 close approach, so the relatively small uncertainty in position and velocity is magnified for future encounters. A classic case of chaos in action

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

New Madrid exercise = called off = "ATS EFFECT"

I was always curious about that, it seems once the "disasters out of the bag" the disaster doesn't happen, could knowing whats going to happen stop what is supposed/planned to happen. I read something years ago that says "once someone figures everything out, everything chances in that moment"

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well the drill are gonna keep comin hey?
should be an interesting next few months

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

New Madrid exercise = called off = "ATS EFFECT"

I was always curious about that, it seems once the "disasters out of the bag" the disaster doesn't happen, could knowing whats going to happen stop what is supposed/planned to happen.

It is all explained in this post - www.abovetopsecret.com...

2nd

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh! A new doom date! Woot, I thought I'd at least have to wait till Elenin passed, but nope!

Excellent! There will be no drop in my doom meter for the next few months!

Honestly I was surprised YU55 wasn't getting more attention than Elenin up until now, but I see that's about to change!

On another note, I'm looking forward to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim coming out on 11/11/11

I knew something cool had to happen on that date, because it's pretty much my favorite date ever. Plus 11:11 has been haunting me since 2008, pesky number that it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

11/6/11 kinda does something for me or 11/9/11, only time will tell.

YU55 is the real deal though.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is an ongoing process, it is not something that just "happens" on a "specific date", it is something that is "happening". There is a window of opportunity between Sept. 29th - Nov. 22 (Earth moving through Elenin's dust trail), because I do believe Elenin actually exists. The reason most people discredit its possibility of existence is because of its lack of appearance, but apparently the combination of being super-cold and containment within a massive gravity well provides the dwarf star with a cloak of invisibility, because the star absorbs light and the gravity well creates a phenomena called Gravitational Lensing, which has shrouded the star's visibility altogether. These celestial bodies are so cold that they aren’t correctly detected on telescopes. This kind of phenomenon happens with dwarf stars.

The whole solar system is heating up, the Sun is becoming active and earth change events are becoming more frequent with greater intensity. Many fail to realize that while the 9.0 Japan Quake shifted Earth axis 4 inches at the Elenin alignment, the water tables reportedly rose in Florida like with the 8.8 Chile Quake that shifted Earth axis last year. March 11, 2011 is the same time that Texas aquifers fluctuated with the 9.0 Japan Quake, which now seems more likely to be caused by the Sun/Earth/Elenin alignment than an earthquake halfway around the world. In fact, earth change events appear to be escalating (like earth wobble) with the approach of the Elenin object

FEMA is buying billions in food for the Elite and prepping without you right now as we speak

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

The reason most people discredit its possibility of existence is because of its lack of appearance, but apparently the combination of being super-cold and containment within a massive gravity well provides the dwarf star with a cloak of invisibility, because the star absorbs light and the gravity well creates a phenomena called Gravitational Lensing, which has shrouded the star's visibility altogether. These celestial bodies are so cold that they aren’t correctly detected on telescopes. This kind of phenomenon happens with dwarf stars.

This is a classic example of what happens when you believe everything that you read on dodgy websites. The entire paragraph quoted above is absolute rubbish.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Check this out this other "exercise" taking place the same day, huge EQ/Tsunami "drill" -

unesdoc.unesco.org...

Maybe ocean impact

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think many of us are looking forward to the OP returning on 10th or 11th November to post here in his/her thread again.

To finally put an end to it....and to admit that there was nothing at all in this fantastical imaginative coincidence....

....the same sort of falsely-assumed "Doom & Gloom" predictions that have passed bu uneventfully dozens (hundreds?) f times already.

Colossal waste of time and energy?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

No where have I made any "prediction", one cannot deny the interesting relationship between drills and the real thing...

A quote from my OP-

My reason for starting this thread is that there seems to be a correlation between "drills" and the real thing.... ( OKC , 9/11, 7/7 UK )

Do they know something we don't and will this really be a "drill" or the real thing?

One cannot also deny this is a big object that is coming close to Earth, in astronomical terms - really close...

A couple of interesting simulations:

minorplanetcenter.net...

minorplanetcenter.net...

And yes, I will be here posting on 11/9...11/10, and beyond....until real doom hits of course.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I guess my point was that a *drill* or other exercise scheduled to be conducted on the same day as some anticipated major catastrophe is just illogical to presume.

Usually, the point of a *drill* is to practice emergency response procedures so that everyone has the training and preparation well in advance, to be able to react to real events when they occur. Not on the "same day"....even though actual disasters can't usually be predicted with any accuracy....they are by nature *surprises* and emergencies.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Agreed. On 9/11 they were having a drill that matched exactly the type of attack that took place. Same with 7/7 in the U.K.. And I believe there were drills in Norway only days before that attack.

Either they know something we (the general public) don't, or the guy who plans these drills is the unluckiest bastard on the planet.

Can anyone list multiple details regarding the drill....sources other than the 57 pg pdf? Also is there sourced stating that Obama will address the nation during the EAS test? What about the UK - will Cameron instiute a test as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join