It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
Children talk and think about marriage, this is perfectly normal. When they are having an all out fight over marriage (especially at this age) where they are both screaming and one is crying it is time for an adult to end that conversation. Everyone is saying this video is funny and cute but the boy was hysterically crying and very upset. It was needless and many underlying issues became visible to me upon my watching it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (as am i) so if you disagree with my thread do you really feel that five different post declaring that is necessary?

Ask yourself why the boy was screaming, was it:

A) Because this girls words "I will marry you" were deeply and traumatically effecting him

OR

B) Because he wanted to control what the little girl was saying to him, and was screaming so his mother would control the situation for him?

The answer is B, when he could not get the girl to stop saying something he did not like he attempted to scream at her to stop and used his screaming to try to manipulate his mother in to stopping the situation.
The mother laughed at him, showing she understood his manipulation tactic and showing it was not going to work - this also showed him that it was a trivial situation he was overreacting to.
This action sends him the message screaming about something trivial does not get his desired outcome. He is not in any pain and can leave and whenever he wants and maybe next time will know screaming to manipulate his mother in to controlling the situation is not going to work.

I know how to read and i've stated my opinion. If all you have are negative things to say about my thread why are you here? There are plenty of other threads for you to pass your time with.
edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: parenthesis

Why are you on a site where the motto is deny ignorance if you are not willing to hear something someone else has to say.

Since you have done a lot of assuming from this 2 minute clip and I know more about you from your answers than you know about these kids I am going to assume your mother came to your ever scream and controlled the situation to your liking every time and this is why you still can not comprehend that others have the right to say whatever they want, just because this is your thread does not mean you get to dictate who has valid opinions, Im guessing soon you will scream so a mod comes and fixes this for you.

edit on 23-7-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnang

Children talk and think about marriage, this is perfectly normal. When they are having an all out fight over marriage (especially at this age) where they are both screaming and one is crying it is time for an adult to end that conversation. Everyone is saying this video is funny and cute but the boy was hysterically crying and very upset. It was needless and many underlying issues became visible to me upon my watching it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (as am i) so if you disagree with my thread do you really feel that five different post declaring that is necessary?

I know how to read and i've stated my opinion. If all you have are negative things to say about my thread why are you here? There are plenty of other threads for you to pass your time with.
edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: parenthesis

Wow your either Benjamin Button and have yet to experience something like this or don't remember any of your childhood, I think I speak for everyone when I say at some point in your childhood you must have been teased to the point of tears, I know most people have, I have and to be honest now that I look back on the nature of what brought me to tears its f***in hilarious!

The difference? Most kids, when teased, arent sitting there watching their mother film it and laugh about it, all the while implying that you were wrong for having an opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnang

Wow your either Benjamin Button and have yet to experience something like this or don't remember any of your childhood, I think I speak for everyone when I say at some point in your childhood you must have been teased to the point of tears, I know most people have, I have and to be honest now that I look back on the nature of what brought me to tears its f***in hilarious!

The boys MOTHER is the one doing this to him. Is it normal for your mother to be the one to tease you to the point of tears? The subject was too grown and the mother was wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
To all that say this is no big thing, a question:

If the roles were reversed here, and the boy was insisting that the girl do something, and the girl was upset and didnt want to, and the parent sat and laughed about it, would you not be concerned that the boy was learning to be a controlling male?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
DBL post

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The difference? Most kids, when teased, arent sitting there watching their mother film it and laugh about it, all the while implying that you were wrong for having an opinion.

She didnt imply he was wrong for having an opinon she implied that he does not have the right to dictate what they girl says or thinks, and that she does not have that right either - so all his screaming about something trivial is not going to change the fact the girl has the right to say what she wants as long as she is not abusing him.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If the roles were reversed here, and the boy was insisting that the girl do something, and the girl was upset and didnt want to, and the parent sat and laughed about it, would you not be concerned that the boy was learning to be a controlling male?

No, the boy would have the right to say he will marry her
She would have the right to say no
She would not have the right to scream to try and stop him saying this or to try and manipulate the parent in to controlling the situation.
The parent has the right to laugh at whatever they like and doesnt have to police trivial situation where the child is in a position to leave whenever they like and are not being abused.
It is exactly the same when reversed.

As said earlier, this kid is screaming to manipulate the situation in his favour not out of abuse, pain, torture or any of the other load of rubbish comments ive seen.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Ask yourself why the boy was screaming, was it:

A) Because this girls words "I will marry you" were deeply and traumatically effecting him

OR

B) Because he wanted to control what the little girl was saying to him, and was screaming so his mother would control the situation for him?

The answer is B, when he could not get the girl to stop saying something he did not like he attempted to scream at her to stop and used his screaming to try to manipulate his mother in to stopping the situation.
The mother laughed at him, showing she understood his manipulation tactic and showing it was not going to work - this also showed him that it was a trivial situation he was overreacting to.
This action sends him the message screaming about something trivial does not get his desired outcome. He is not in any pain and can leave and whenever he wants and maybe next time will know screaming to manipulate his mother in to controlling the situation is not going to work.

I believe the answer was A and B. The video starts with the boy already crying and asking his mother for help. He starts screaming because he is a confused little kid and his mother won't help him. I do not feel he was being manipulative at all. How dare you try to victimize the victim. Do you believe he was faking his emotion? When the mother asked why he was crying he gave a clear precise answer, did you not understand it??

I am sorry that you have had to deal with men you felt were controlling or manipulative but please don't blame this five year old for some grown mans actions.
edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: added "When the mother asked why he was crying he gave a clear precise answer, did you not understand it??"

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

She didnt imply he was wrong for having an opinon she implied that he does not have the right to dictate what they girl says or thinks, and that she does not have that right either - so all his screaming about something trivial is not going to change the fact the girl has the right to say what she wants as long as she is not abusing him.

I totally disagree. The boy tried to turn from the situation. The girl continued to pursue the argument. The mother said nothing, just laughed. The girl hit the boy, the mother said nothing.

The mother sat and laughed, and continued to ask "why dont you want to marry her". She didnt tell him it was ok if he didnt. She didnt intervene when it became a yelling match. She laughed, and egged it all on.

I repeat: THIS WOMAN IS AN UNFIT PARENT

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No, the boy would have the right to say he will marry her
She would have the right to say no
She would not have the right to scream to try and stop him saying this or to try and manipulate the parent in to controlling the situation.
The parent has the right to laugh at whatever they like and doesnt have to police trivial situation where the child is in a position to leave whenever they like and are not being abused.
It is exactly the same when reversed.

I find that mindset scary. This woman is not teaching these children to deal with situation. She is teaching the son that she finds it funny when he is upset, and that turning from the situation is not the right thing to do.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I totally disagree. The boy tried to turn from the situation. The girl continued to pursue the argument. The mother said nothing, just laughed. The girl hit the boy, the mother said nothing.

The mother sat and laughed, and continued to ask "why dont you want to marry her". She didnt tell him it was ok if he didnt. She didnt intervene when it became a yelling match. She laughed, and egged it all on.

and how many kids do you have?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You are exactly correct.

The boy is on the stool. He is the one being corrected for an over-the-top unecessary reaction to something that should be trivial.

Can't even tell you how many of these over-the-top reactions I've had to deal with -- from my own kids through the grandkids.

Its like the "he touched me" nightmare. Argh!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

and how many kids do you have?

And this question is relevent how?

I've got two, and work with middle school children every single day. It's safe to say I have plenty of experience.

link   

I find that mindset scary. This woman is not teaching these children to deal with situation. She is teaching the son that she finds it funny when he is upset, and that turning from the situation is not the right thing to do.

So what would you have done - watch me make you look like an unfit parent.

link   

Why didn't the boys mother tell the girl that her son did not have to marry her if he didn't want to? Why didn't she explain to her scared/confused son that the girl couldn't force him to marry her? That is HER son, the girl is a neighbor.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So what would you have done - watch me make you look like an unfit parent.

It's pretty easy to use words to make someone look like an unfit parent. Its a whole other thing when there is VIDEO EVIDENCE to back it up.

The bottom line is, the mother and the little girl were the antagonists here. They are the ones that continue to re-enter the situation, and to prolong it. Again, the little boy turned his back to remove himself from it. The mother then allowed the little girl to continue to antagonize.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You are exactly correct.

The boy is on the stool. He is the one being corrected for an over-the-top unecessary reaction to something that should be trivial.

Can't even tell you how many of these over-the-top reactions I've had to deal with -- from my own kids through the grandkids.

Owen was on the stool getting HIS HAIR CUT!!!!!!

That is what Christina is wiping off the stool and sweeping up!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

What he wrote was 100% FACT

Even when the "husband" came to see what was wrong the mother laughed and said "i had to"
edit on 7/23/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: Even when the "husband" came to see what was wrong the mother laughed and said "i had to"

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
those kids need to be put into care!
that was indeed a disturbing video, not that i watched it, but i'm sure it was.

op, i'm guessing you get really bored sometimes.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You are exactly correct.

Owen was on the stool getting HIS HAIR CUT!!!!!!

That is what Christina is wiping off the stool and sweeping up!!

So? No difference - - he isn't getting off the stool. Obviously - - he has been taught to stay on the stool.

I've had similar experiences with my brother when I was a kid. Can't remember what the topic was - - but same scenario.

We out grew it. Kids do that.

Adults are so over-the-top sometimes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join